Special Forces
Create Post

Thread: Special Forces

Exclamation Special Forces

I was wondering if the army rangers is open to all branches of the military or just to the army. Also the same question about the navy seals. And if thoes special forces are not open to the Marine Corps what special forces are? Also what is MARSOC? Also why are special forces positions not open to women?

Last edited by jinelson; 11-04-06 at 08:52 PM.

I think your post asnwers most of your questions.

Army Rangers (Key word Army)

Navy Seals (Key word Navy)

The Marine Corps is spelled as I have spelled it.

The Marine Corps has Force Recon.

Figure it out yourself about why women are not allowed into these units.

As I rember Marines can go through army ranger school.

so the army rangers is open to the Marine Corps? Alright so what is MARSOC?

ask google.

Army Rangers are not open to Marines - though Marines are afforded spots in ranger school - they do not become rangers. Just as Marines who go to jump school do not become paratroopers they are Marines, and need no other title.

You can go through Ranger school and get a Ranger Tab. You remain a Marine the same as when you went in. MARSOC is Marine Special Operations Command. However, you need to focus on attempting to become a Marine first and the first step towards that is spelling our name correctly.

As I remember I didnot say that the Marine would then become a ranger. Back in the 60's if you were a Marine and you were Force Recon you went through a "pre jump school" in the Marines. At that time there had niver been droped from the army jump school. When the runs were done for the day the Marines would do the run over. I think that the army rangers are the best that the army has. Just about every grunt officer wants that ranger tabe.

why do you want to be a ranger, when rangers often inlist in the MARINE CORPS.

My brother (1st lt. in the army) went through ranger school and he said he had 2 Marines in his platoon. And actually a handful of Marines go to BUD/s.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy dep
    why do you want to be a ranger, when rangers often inlist in the MARINE CORPS.
    I dont want to be a Ranger i was just qurious.

Why be a ranger when you could be a Marine.

Women, as far as I know, can not enlist into any combat MOS, therefore no special forces,03xx,or anything like that. Mother of America ruled that one out. Although there are many reasons that I agree from an operational impact point of view.

Thread Information