Major Question Please Help
Create Post

Major Question Please Help

Ok first off, I am sorry if I broke a rule about posting of a similiar topic if there is I was in a hurry and curious on info, And who better but to ask experienced marines. This really means alot to me, to become a marine. so I really want to figure this problem out and I need help.

Some are familiar with the briefs recruiters give out. I met a recruiter some time ago, probably a week ago or so, I went to sign up and everything in his office, and He asked me questions in the whole sign up. One was police related, and I told him, a year ago, i had some tickets for being pulled over randomly and they found that my siblings and my mom didnt have seat belts, I was given 4 tickets because of the kids, and 1 for insurance and that was taken care of.

The 4 tickets however are still in process because the cop never shows and they keep pushin the date. I told the recruiter this he told me not to worry about it, the same thing was told to me by the gunnery sargent. They led me to believe that they would either handle the issue or that the issue wasn't really a serious issue to begin with that would be ignored.

Soon I was off to meps, ready to become a marine...well a poolee. With the thought of having to hold infomation about my tickets during these interviews got to me. They kept informing us about the whole fraudilment issue. and it was just getting worse cuz I had to take the interview.. In a way at first i thought this was a test itself, holding information, like if i was to be some captured in war would i give in no matter what the cost... I kno its a stupid thought but it came through in my mind. now what gets me is that the reason i put my mind towards that thought was because the marine interviewing me at MEPS got to that question
    he was drilling down on the question to see if i had anything to say, i said no, and then i went on to the next one, a lady for the finger print thing. when it was my turn to see her she asked the similiar questions.

But this time something new about the whole mix... " Were you at any case told to withhold information by a recruiter" and i told her no because again, i thought it was some test they had goin on , but i guess it might be the wrong test. After everything was good to go, I was sworn in , signed the oath thing, and was back home having to get ready for DEP

My issue is , are these lies that my recruiters told me to do? Is this whole mess wrong? I wanna know exactly because I dont wanna face this punishment, and how long to i have, til telling about this issue if this is the case of it being lies... I want to be able to achieve my goal, becomin a marine... but if a fellow marine is gonna lie to me sayin they will never kno... then theres something wrong here... lemme know as soon as possible...this worries me alot. thank you everyone for your support i hope everyone has a good day or evening

cheezy

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    cheezy normally we do not allow a thread or post without a properly filled out profile and they are deleted. Due to the nature of your post I will allow you to fill your profile out after reading my PM (personal message). Please read our rules posted in the first few sticky threads in the Poolee Hall forum. I hope that you receive answer that will answer your question.

Jim

Ok I apologize for the issue, everything was in a rush the night i posted this because of my curiosity and this whole issue has been eating me up over night. I would hate to be just another number in my recruiters pay check you see? And then later on I take the blame and get a dishonorable discharge. Hes a great man to begin with, but some first impressions can be misleading.

But thanks for giving me the chance to do things, I did the profile and updated my status, I hope everything is good to go. thank you

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Cheezy

Contact Cpl Brooks, he is very sharp and knowledgeable. He is a member of this web site.

Good luck!!!

thank you very much, I will do this ASAP

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Good To Go cheezy! Thanks

Jim

Well like to thank everyone for everything, the matter was fixed up some, I called the man who interview and spoke to him, I told him some of the matters according to medical issues, and as well as those tickets I had gotten, one of the issues that i had medical might pose as a "red flag" to them though depending.

But my question though now is for about reserves... when is the "final contract" and is it possible to pull out soon? Because with my situation ( not to do with the MEPS) i am able to enroll into college as early as of late november, and on top of that getting a city job because of beneficial issues. I wanted to get Personnell and Adminstrative job in the Marine Corps, but either I didn't qualify or there wasnt any openings. and thats what I enjoy, the whole receptionist thing. So if its possible for a reserve to just pull out When is too late? and how to go about it really with out having to face these "car dealers"? anyways thanks for everything really, so if you can answer these questions please dont hesitate to do so

You can make changes until you go to boot camp, but be prepared for your recruiter to try to make you stick with what you originally signed up to do. While you can change it, that doesn't undo the fact that you signed a contract and swore an oath.

Thread Information