Just celebrated the Marine Corps bday today
Create Post

Cool Just celebrated the Marine Corps bday today

Hey all,

Just got back from my DEP today and it was awesome. We listened to a speech from the gunny seargent today and then watched a video and had cake . It was a great time and the speech made me feel really motivated and psyched . Afterwards we talked to a few people who just got home from boot camp and they were telling us stories about the DI's, as a matter of fact I thought the story this one guy was telling was funny. When they were at MCRD SD the DI's told him and the rest of the platoon to get off his bus in 15 seconds but they couldn't go through the bus doors they had to climb out windows lol. Anyways I would also like to say happy 231st birthday to the Marine Corps, and would like to thank everyone who is currently serving in the Marines . Also as many of you know I will be leaving here shortly and am pretty excited to go.

Nice, we're celebrating it next Saturday, then we're going to run an IST.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Congratulations PooleeWill now the work begins.

I'm curious, why is the Marine Corps Birthday being celebrated at different times? It was my understanding that the birthday itself was on Nov. 10th, is that correct?

My RS did the same thing, we celebrated today. That's because the real birthday is next Friday. The Marines will be celebrating it then. Anyway, it was really cool to be able to be part of something like that. I want to thank all Marines on this site for helping to make that possible for me.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I'm curious, why is the Marine Corps Birthday being celebrated at different times? It was my understanding that the birthday itself was on Nov. 10th, is that correct?
    Thats correct it is celebrated on November 10th, but the Marine Corps Ball which is a formal celebration is celebrated on different dates by individual units. Some before and some after the 10th. They usually take place during the evening hours and on a friday or saturday.

Thread Information