Be All You Can Be ?
Create Post
    Credits
    Savings

Question Be All You Can Be ?

I bumped into a married thirty-year old soldier (E-2 Signal Corps) in his cool looking fatigues at the local Wal-Mart a day ago.

He has been in a year and just completed a seven-month course in satellite computer hook ups. He said they are putting him on fast tract for E-4 now that he is going to his unit in Germany. He said that E-4 is the best rank in the Army, everybody above and below have either to much responsibility or not enough rank, E-4 is right in the middle, the rocking chair.

He alluded to the fact he only joined the Army for the training, never intended to be a grunt. He said boot camp was not bad; he stayed right in the middle profile wise. He was so anonymous his drill sergeant was not sure he was in the unit. When I asked him about the war, he said, “Allot of the soldiers were against it!” His wife, smiling, added that her husband had preconceived opinions (War) before he ever joined the Army.

I came away from this conversation reinforced in my opinion; thirty-year olds are smarter than seventeen year old kids when it comes to their future or the Army isn’t kidding, “Be All You Can Be!” ~ Go figure

so

yeah,yeah--really good post zody

Thread Information