Finally Signed the Papers!!!!
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Finally Signed the Papers!!!!

Well I have finally signed the parental consent papers tonight! I leave for MEPs this thursday and come back friday as part of the DEP for the UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS!!! Waited 17 years for this!!

Good to go. Good luck at MEPS, everyone needs it in some form or another. What MOS field are you looking at?

Im looking at UAV (Unmanned Aerial Vehicle) Operator...as of now there isnt any open in our district so they actually have to look at other destricts to find one for me but they promised me they will get me one soo yeah thats what i should be going in for...CANT WAIT!!

Intresting choice. Good luck at MEPS. Be honest, and don't tell a lie. It could only come back and nip you in the butt.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CantWaitToSign
    Im looking at UAV (Unmanned Aerial Vehicle) Operator...as of now there isnt any open in our district so they actually have to look at other destricts to find one for me but they promised me they will get me one soo yeah thats what i should be going in for...CANT WAIT!!
    UAV Very cool! A high school buddy is an Air Force puke running some of those. He absolutely loves his job.

Congrats on pending MEPS. Now you really got to make an effort. How's your PT going?

Well I did a lot of training with football last year...but quit over summer now im doing 50 push ups and 100 reps of different ab exercises but now that im signed up I'm going to start running every day and do some more intense workouts not to mention our school phys ed system is actually all about getting the kids in shape this year so that will help alot too!

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Well I did a lot of training with football last year...
    What position? I was a 4th string defensive back. Our star running back ran the 40 in 4.3, I ran it in like 6.8 seconds. But it was great to get out there and bust some heads in practice.

That's awesome. Keep your positive attitude. MEPS actually was actually a fun day for me. With the attitude you have you should also have a great time. Be prepared for random long waits, but other than that there's nothing that annoying. Are you staying at a hotel the night before? That is a good time. Except most of the kids at the hotel when I went, thought they were gangsta and all thought they had connections with gangs and the mob. So I laughed to myself the whole night. Literally every kid smoked though, I thought it was pretty random. Because hanging outside it was like 10 to 15 of us just hanging outside and literally everyone had a pack of cigs and nearly all were 17. Random fact. Anyways have an awesome time

My first day at MEPS was fun as hell, all the people who worked there made all the tests like in the "male bonding room" seem like one big joke, it was pretty funny at times....... up until the doctors delayed me and I had to go back to MEPS like 5 times. Oh well, it's all good now.

Good luck man.

I was going for Wide Reciever on offense and Outside Linebacker for defense. I ran a 5.1 40 yarder is pretty decent since I'm a senior and it was my first year playing of all middle school and highschool.

And yes I am going to a hotel the night before the recruiters are picking me up 1500-1530 tomarrow and then Im staying the night and then going to get it all done Friday and then be back in time for my football game hopefully.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Good Luck at MEP's Matt I hope all goes well and you swear in. I will stand by for the good news.

Jim

MEPS was fun. I enjoyed myself, and the free food wasn't bad either!

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    good job dude i hope you had fun i sure did there sure is alot of navy up there. at least last time i went(in july06).

June '06 there were tons of NG at my MEPS.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by jackson07
    June '06 there were tons of NG at my MEPS.
    Yeah, they certianly pack 'em in. I don't know about you, but I could kinda tell who was joining the NG before I even got close enough to read the sticker. Not in a good way either.

Thread Information