People from other branches who think they know everything about the Marines - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I've really found out who my true friends were since enlisting. My best friend since we were probably 5 years old joined the Army (only because they would pay for his medical school, he doesn't like to admit it though) told me "I would have joined the Marines, but I like to think for myself." That ****ed me off. It's called discipline, building character, and developing a mentality necessary for the battlefield.

There is a famous quote by a Marine, I can't remember who said it but it was something along the lines of "There are only two people on this earth who understand Marines: Marines, and those who have been on the business end of their rifles in battle. Everyone else has a second hand opinion."

A lot of people have asked me why I decided to go infantry, and I explain it to them and they understand and then think it's great - this guy today on the other hand was so damn stubborn. A lot of people don't know the details with things like Marine boot being exactly 13 weeks, you can't get a specific job guaranteed, etc. but at least admit when you're friggen wrong, you don't even have to admit it, just say "oh, okay" or something.

I have noticed a LOT of people have an excuse for not joining the Marines. I can't even begin to count how many times i've had someone tell me "I would have joined the Marines, but....." I've heard the excuses from 17 year olds who decided to join a different branch all the way to grown men twice my age. They all would have joined the Marines, "but...." You never see people feeling the need to make excuses for not joining any of the other branches.

Accord, do you post in the misc over at BB.com?

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    That army puke sounds like an insecure SOB. Picking on you like that. **** poor character. Next time look him in the eye and tell him, "Listen Chatty-Kathy, I'm here to train. Leave me be."

Quote Originally Posted by Rockabilly
    Accord, do you post in the misc over at BB.com?
    Nope.

It's not just people who were in the Army or other military branches, it's everyone. Everyone thinks they know everything about everything.

And totally off topic, my buddy in the Army calls it 11 Bang Bang. lol

Tell him you just can't handle this BS anymore... and hold up a piece of paper that says: "stress card" and walk away. He'll understand...

Quote Originally Posted by Christiansen
    Tell him you just can't handle this BS anymore... and hold up a piece of paper that says: "stress card" and walk away. He'll understand...
    That's a myth.

Accord,

Couple of thoughts (other then just telling the idiot where he can go!) - no one needs to give you vindication for what you are doing - its your dream, go with it and make it happen, screw what everyone else has to say! Your quote is right on target, no one can understand Marines other then other Marines, there is no basis of comparison.

With not hearing people say I would have joined the army - but - and have an excuse, I think that its common for all branches to hear that, especially today it takes big ones to enlist in any branch, because you know where you have a good chance of going, we're at war! You just hear it from the Marine side because that's what you are joining, and more people are envious of your choice then the other choices available.

Don't let these people get to you - once you earn the title you'll be hearing it for the rest of your life.

Hey christensian whats a "stress card" i think i heard they were giving those in boot camp now...

Quote Originally Posted by gregba02
    Hey christensian whats a "stress card" i think i heard they were giving those in boot camp now...
    Haha, being a Marine you should know..

Quote Originally Posted by Kildars
    That's a myth.

The fact that he IS a Marine should probably suggest he doesn't know. I also heard they allow Ipods too.

Hey there kildars you should know that things change. Like when the old salts went to bootcamp im sure they had different things then when i went through bootcamp. So no i dont know what a freaking stress card is...I thought i had heard about it before so I was just asking, and as for the i-pods i seriously doubt that the drill instructors will allow you to train and let you keep those. In bootcamp they want to break you down and mold you up as a marine. Anything you bring with you from your home would interfere with that, But if any of you poolees want to take one with you go right ahead. Then when you, correction if you graduate from bootcamp you can tell us how the D.I. threw it against the wall or stepped on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Christiansen
    The fact that he IS a Marine should probably suggest he doesn't know. I also heard they allow Ipods too.
    Oh you meant at Army boot camp, I apologize. Misunderstanding, but even in Army boot camp that is a Myth.

Quote Originally Posted by gregba02
    Hey there kildars you should know that things change. Like when the old salts went to bootcamp im sure they had different things then when i went through bootcamp. So no i dont know what a freaking stress card is...I thought i had heard about it before so I was just asking, and as for the i-pods i seriously doubt that the drill instructors will allow you to train and let you keep those. In bootcamp they want to break you down and mold you up as a marine. Anything you bring with you from your home would interfere with that, But if any of you poolees want to take one with you go right ahead. Then when you, correction if you graduate from bootcamp you can tell us how the D.I. threw it against the wall or stepped on it.
    Rodger that Pvt, I did not mean any disrespect. I have just heard a lot about these "stress cards." they're all myths. Sorry for the confusion.

stupid dude-bro. if you see him again, ask: "When they gave you that signing bonus and the E-4 promotion, did they give you a velcro 'Pus$y' patch too?"

Thread Information