Physical Conditioning Plattoon
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered User Free Member Soon2BkidTx's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Question Physical Conditioning Plattoon

I was wondering....im basically leaving to MCRD as soon as possible due to family problems....(ps i like how marines are understanding and try to help in every way).....i was wondering what is someone couldnt pass the run in IST at MCRD which sends you off to PCP(physical conditioning plattoon). Does PCP ruin your reputation as a future marine? and is it true the first 2 weeks are the worst in boot camp? if not what do you think is.

my qualifications as of right now:

my run = 13:50
    pullups= 9
    sit ups in 2 mins = 80

:gotee:

Registered User Free Member ktriplett's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    What are you worrying about the IST for? If those are your real stats, you've got it down. And if you're worried about the run, but you're leaving soon, just run constantly. You'll only get better if you work on it.
    About boot camp: read the posts in this forum and the mentor forum. you'll find all the info you need.

Credits
    Savings
    yea im worried about the run....just becuase i have injured my knee before...and i have never been good long distance running....mainly becuase of my breathing...i try to keep a rhythm, but right when i get about 30 yards to the finish like....its like i have a system over load and start vomitting everywhere.....i know i can overcome this and i know ill make it threw boot camp....cuase nothing in the world can make me quit.....i just dont wanna go to PCP if it will ruin my rep. as a future marine......

A Marines reputation is not made or damaged while at boot camp. Many Marines go to PCP and then go on to a fine career in the Marine Corps. However keep in mind that if you goto PCP, it extends your vacation time at boot camp. In addition you will be placed with a new platoon. It is hard enough fitting in with the first platoon you are with much less having to fit in with a new group all over again. We had pick ups from PCP and they were not greeted with open arms. Some of them ended up fitting in and others were recycled once again. My advice is not to worry about your reputation and concentrate on how you can increase your cardiovascular endurance while allowing your knee to heal. Biking and swimming are good forms of cardio that are much easier on the knees.

Good luck.

Jerry

I answered his original question in several PM's. Seems the little **** didn't believe me. I wonder if he'll listen next time seeing that he's heard basically the same thing from others that I told him privately when he asked me.

Credits
    Savings

Thumbs up

Thanks Shaffer

Yea my recruitor told me not to worry about it too much....just keep running and riding my bike...and add some jump ropes into my workout.....he said improving 30 seconds on my IST run shouldnt be a problem when i have a DI yelling in my face....So i should be able to make it.....i just hope nothing starts to develope in my knee again cuase its starting to pop every time i bend it like it was before i injured it the first time....but if you have anything else to say/give anymore advice....i need all the help i can get....and once again thanks!

Brian

Credits
    Savings
    lol....wrbones....i beleive you....i just needed some more advice.....i asked about pcp...not running and my knee.....but im not going to talk back to a marine when im just a maggot....thanks a lot for your help too.....thanks

Phoenix Rogue
    Guest Free Member
    Originally posted by Shaffer
    A Marines reputation is not made or damaged while at boot camp. Many Marines go to PCP and then go on to a fine career in the Marine Corps. However keep in mind that if you goto PCP, it extends your vacation time at boot camp. In addition you will be placed with a new platoon. It is hard enough fitting in with the first platoon you are with much less having to fit in with a new group all over again. We had pick ups from PCP and they were not greeted with open arms. Some of them ended up fitting in and others were recycled once again. My advice is not to worry about your reputation and concentrate on how you can increase your cardiovascular endurance while allowing your knee to heal. Biking and swimming are good forms of cardio that are much easier on the knees.

Good luck.

Jerry
    As far as fitting in is not as much a problem to me as worring about being called/ being accepted into Force Recon, being that it's such a select group. Do I have to worry?

Credits
    Savings
    i really never thought fitting in would be a problem.....cuase i figured in boot camp or wherever.....every1 is trying to do the same thing your trying to do.....and i thought thats where teamwork would come in.....

Credits
    Savings
    Just work! Stop worrying so much and work! You have to make it through boot camp before anything, so that should be your first priority. Put Force Recon to the side for now. Get yourself ready for boot camp. Don't worry about your "reputation". Earn the title, then you can deal with your reputation. The second a Drill Instructor is in your face screaming, you'll be forgetting your reputation because if that's what matters to you, you'll be ****ing your pants in fear by the first day.
    Good luck.

Soon to B, you better start listening the first time or yer gonna be in a world of hurt when ya hit boot.

Go back and read those PM's and my responses, one friggin' word at a time.

Credits
    Savings
    dude calm down...i have been listening and reading your responses...i was just responding to what phoenix wrote about fitting in.....

ktriplett, 22devilpup87...he's all yers kids!

Credits
    Savings
    Ok man, check it out: this is a whole new world. This isn't your normal, "Give it to me quick" kind of life. These Marines are professionals and as professionals do not have the patience to have to explain things over and over. I'll give you a piece of advice: have some respect. This world doesn't tolerate disrespect or ignorance. I'm not a Marine yet, but i've worked my ass off trying to find the answers, the information, and the facts that I need to be the best recruit, and later on Marine, that I can possibly be. If I thought I could take the easy way out, I'd have asked but I understand that its going to take work for me to be one of the few, and I don't want to belittle myself, the Marines or this site by not doing the research for myself. I don't say this to sound vain or better than anyone else, but to make it clear that the information is here if you are willing to do the work to look for it. Now, if you do the research and you still have questions, that's when you ask, but do yourself a favor: ask once. Time and again guys come and ask the same question on twenty different posts and it understandably ****es some people off. Your decision to join the Marine Corps is an adult decision and carries with it adult responsibilities. You might as well start acting like an adult.

I love yer 'tone of voice' ktriplett! LOL

"Oh, man! Here we go again."

Thread Information