Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    We all need sometimes a little extra in our wheaties

I think we all need a group hug

Ellie

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Just now bought it.

Ya i ordered mine yesterday hopfully its in at the start of the week....

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Camper - HAHAHAHAHAHA!

I bought a copy of it a while back and it was just OK in spots to me. I thought it should have shown a little more of graduation but.............

And, it WAS censored some - they shot more of the recruits cleaning than anything. Granted there IS a lot of that going on but the Corps didn't let them keep the cameras running alllll day and show them EVERYTHING. Just remember how that kid felt that got booted - he jerked a tear, right? YOU DO NOT WANT THAT FEELING! The guy that got chewed out when they did the hump in the dark - YOU DO NOT WANT ONE DI IN YOUR FACE LIKE THAT MUCH LESS 2 OR 3 OF THEM! When you see spit fly and veins bulge, you know he's pi$$ed!

The one thing I do find different is the emblem ceremony. I don't know if they've always done it this way for the guys but, for us girls, the DI placed our emblem on our cover when I did it. Now they just hand you one and you put it on?

The funniest part I thought is when the recruit got *****ed out by the DI after he was screaming for help in the pool. I think he got dropped am I right? Anyways that was some funny ****. Does anyone know why that recruit was crying about his back on the Crucible march? Did he break something or does your back really do hurt after and while doing the Crucible?

Jesse

...Just looking forward to see what I get my ass chewed out for. LOL

Group hug or group.....................dang it I better hush while I can...

Registered User Free Member nofearusmc's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Crucible, Crucible............We didnt have that back in the day...........WTF Over lol jk...........if you earn it, wear it proud.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    you're thinking of a cluster Camper....................HAHAHAHAHAHA!

That was a vary motivating documentry made me want to get to bootcamp even faster actually... It does show a different aspect of bootcamp then such documentries such as making of a Marine... Every poolee should get that with there welcome aboard package.....

Is it made at Parris Island or San Diego?

Good Movie

I bought mine copy of this back in Nov, very good documentary, but I think it could have put a little pit more empahsise on the Corp's itself. IE Training, History, Traditions, Drill, etc. This showed mot of the Mental Aspect of it than anything else. Other than that very good. Semper Fi!!

A female friend of mine just told her parents of her intentions to join and they were watching tv one night and this came on. Needless to say they TiVo'd it and showed it to her hoping it would scare her out of joining up...It back fired, it just got her 10x more motovated than she already was. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by PMKing
    A female friend of mine just told her parents of her intentions to join and they were watching tv one night and this came on. Needless to say they TiVo'd it and showed it to her hoping it would scare her out of joining up...It back fired, it just got her 10x more motovated than she already was. LOL
    Yeah, sometimes I think that my parents have tried that. God knows that my friends have.

I love watching that flick....its been Tivo'd a few times on our tv's....they just replayed it again last week sometime.

Like a previous poster said, one funny part was when the DI was chasing the recruit into the barracks after yelling at him a few seconds before. Another great part was towards the end and one recruit had some problems and the one Drill Instructor started yelling at him saying how he was going to murder him, lol.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

help

I just ordered the video last night from canaanbrumley.com, i was curious since it used paypal, how long does it take to ship (i live in the beautiful state of IL) thanks for the help.

Thread Information