In Remembrance Fuji fire 1979
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

In Remembrance Fuji fire 1979

It's been 27 years, and we miss you, my Brothers!! Everyday, we miss you!!
    WE WILL NEVER FORGET!!!

"Death is nothing at all. I have only slipped away into the next room.
    I am I, and you are you. Whatever we were to each other, that we still are.
    Call me by my old familiar name, speak to me in the easy way which you always used.
    Put no difference in your tone, wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow.
    Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes we enjoyed together.
    Play, smile, think of me, pray for me.
    Let my name be ever the household word that it always was.
    Let it be spoken without effort, without the trace of shadow on it.
    Life means all that it ever meant.
    It is the same as it ever was; there is unbroken continuity.
    Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight?
    I am waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near, just round the corner.
    All is well".

Hey Devil Dog...I'm not familiar with the background ...What happened Marine?

Outside of Nashville, TN. Work in FOB Louisville
    Credits
    Savings
    Go to his 'profile', he has a link..

October '79, Hurrican 'TIP' took out a fuel bladder that was UP HILL from the base camp.
    Fuel ran into camp area, into the 'hooch' that weapons platoon was in, with heaters going.

I was in GitMo at the time with 3/6.

Rest in Peace my brothers.

Jesus.....Semper Fi Marine....Thanks for the heads up Mr.Bsox....RIP Marines. Reading that was awful.

Thanks for the replies!!! I knew you would remember, mrbsox! Thanks Bro!! Here is the story from my site:

Fuji Fire

HEY DEVILDOGG, I was stationed at fuji during that hellish fire. I was in the last row of quanset hut's down by the parade deck, and across from the recon hut. I was t.a.d. to 2/4 and was with the 7th. combat eng. 1st f.s.s.g. we were rebuilding the camp untill the hostages were taken in tehran and then we were deployed to that disaster. I have many pictures of fuji the day after, and will upload them .
    semper fi bro.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Devildogg4ever,passed away last year after a short illness.

He was truly dedicated to the Fuji fire Marines and remembering. He sent me and email about a year and a half ago long deleted that he was working with an author to have a book written about this tragedy.

You might want to search and see what you can find. I don't know if a book was published....but one of the last emails he told me it was close.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Blooper
    Devildogg4ever,passed away last year after a short illness.

He was truly dedicated to the Fuji fire Marines and remembering. He sent me and email about a year and a half ago long deleted that he was working with an author to have a book written about this tragedy.

You might want to search and see what you can find. I don't know if a book was published....but one of the last emails he told me it was close.
    RIP MARINE...SEMPER FI...MAY YOU KNOW PEACE...

book

guys this is devildogs wife and the book has not been published as of yet it is still being finished and thanks for remembering.

Truly sorry for your loss ma'm . Rest in Peace Marine , Semper Fi.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Don,was a truly special friend to me. We had plans to meet up here in Jacksonville for the 25th Beirut Memorial observance. He was dedicated to my cause as I was to his. I think about him often even though we never met and I take comfort in knowing that he is with his Marine comrades of that fateful time.

It was and still is a shock of Dons passing...but rest assured his memory will be alive as long as there is a Marine on this earth still breathing.

Words I know can not offer comfort alone,however no words have been ever truly spoken....Rest in peace Marine and Semper-Fi! from his Marine family!

Outside of Nashville, TN. Work in FOB Louisville
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Blooper
    It was and still is a shock of Dons passing...but rest assured his memory will be alive as long as there is a Marine on this earth still breathing.

Words I know can not offer comfort alone,however no words have been ever truly spoken....Rest in peace Marine and Semper-Fi! from his Marine family!
    Ditto

And thank you, 'Mrs. 4ever' for keeping up with his threads in here. I had PM with Don just before he logged off the site last year, said he had some stuff to do.
    Hope and pray you are well, and cared for.

He and his cause are remembered, and will be.

Semper Fi.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Many of us see these stories of fallen Marines and do not comment. But we still Remember and quietly Salute our fallen Brothers.

Semper Fidelis!!! I won't forget, my bn. 3/4 was in those barracks right before 2/4.
    God Bless the fallen Marines,
    Eric Hood

Thread Information