R-e-s-p-e-c-t
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: R-e-s-p-e-c-t

R-e-s-p-e-c-t

Tell me if I'm out of line, Hell, chew me out.. butttttt.....

Respect is one of the KEY things in the Marine Corps. It seems like a lot of us poolees/wannabes forget that we learn from each other, and once we go to our MCRD we have to rely on each other (i.e., if some guy in your platoon ****s up, you all might *get* to PT it off). There are a LOT of reasons to respect one another on here, including (but not limited to) some of us know a little more than others, and those BTDT Marines know a lot more than others, we need the support, both now, during, and after Boot Camp (leatherneck.com is THE #1 Marine Corps support group!!!), and just because someone says something wrong or doesn't know 100% what they're talking about, it doesn't mean they're "retarded".. that person might just save your life on a battlefield someday.

What it boils down to, to me, is-- RESPECT EVERYONE...Enlisted, Officer, DEP or Not.... because like I said, they might end up covering your *** in a VERY REAL and VERY TIGHT situation.. (now, lets all hug and say sorry.)

Last edited by thedrifter; 06-28-07 at 07:12 AM.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by KittyRina
    (now, lets all hug and say sorry.)
    Ladies only on this one please.

All jokes aside I agree to some degree BUT I also think that if you want respect you have to earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by USMC90
    Ladies only on this one please.
    aw would you like a hug? I mean that with all respect, of course

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    aw would you like a hug?
    Negative. Stand by though. ;-)

I mean that with all respect, of course

I'll be waiting... always, waiting... lol

Unnecessary displays of affection aside, I agree.

At the same time... we're in the Marines' court, kiddies. They make the rules, and us following them is respect. One day, I'll be a Marine. I'll expect all the snot-nosed poolees here to treat me with a little respect because I went through the 13+ weeks of hell just to have that honor.

So, yeah, I agree. But we're not all equals here. The Marines in here are giving you a hard time because you really don't get it yet (hell, I don't either) and that's what you should expect in Boot Camp, and for a while after that. But eventually, you learn things, in time, and it all makes sense.

My friend had an extremely politically incorrect way to say it:
    Winning an Internet argument is like winning the Special Olympics. When it's all said and done, you're still retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by TrevelyanInc
    My friend had an extremely politically incorrect way to say it:
    Winning an Internet argument is like winning the Special Olympics. When it's all said and done, you're still retarded.
    OMG, I just did a Marine84 and spewed all over my laptop.
    nice one.

I respect those that have earned my respect. Marines have earned that respect. Some of the poolees here have as well. However, if you're expecting me, or the other Marines here, to kiss your ass and go out of our way to respect you- it isn't going to happen. You haven't done anything worthy of our respect yet. You've said you're going to enlist in the Marine Corps- many, many people have said that and never earned the title of Marine.

That said, there is no need to be hostile or harsh unless someone is just being an idiot. Sadly, that happens around here more than it should.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Amen!

Respect is EARNED by Following the Site Rules

PM OUT

Ellie

Tell me if I'm out of line, Hell, chew me out.. butttttt.....

Respect is one of the KEY things in the Marine Corps. It seems like a lot of us poolees/wannabes forget that we learn from each other, and once we go to our MCRD we have to rely on each other (i.e., if some guy in your platoon ****s up, you all might *get* to PT it off). There are a LOT of reasons to respect one another on here, including (but not limited to) some of us know a little more than others, and those BTDT Marines know a lot more than others, we need the support, both now, during, and after Boot Camp (leatherneck.com is THE #1 Marine Corps support group!!!), and just because someone says something wrong or doesn't know 100% what they're talking about, it doesn't mean they're "retarded".. that person might just save your life on a battlefield someday.

What it boils down to, to me, is-- RESPECT EVERYONE...Enlisted, Officer, DEP or Not.... because like I said, they might end up covering your *** in a VERY REAL and VERY TIGHT situation.. (now, lets all hug and say sorry.)

Sounds like somebody should join the Peace Corps, rather than the Marine Corps.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Dangit Kitty - and I had hopes for ya girl! The Corps wasn't politically correct when a lot of us went through. If we see something that looks/walks/sounds like a duck, we call it a duck - plain and simple. There ain't no sugar coating going on. If you feel you have been dissed by ANY Marine in here - we hate it for you. If you feel you have been dissed by any other member on this site - take it up with them privately.

I would suggest you get a thicker skin................you'll need it at Parris Island and you WILL NOT get to tell your DIs how they should be respecting you instead of being in your grill raising hell about how you're NOT worthy enough to wear the uniform.

AND, just ANOTHER piece of knowledge for you and all the other females that come through here.....................you will find that, in general, WMs get very little respect in the fleet anyway - if you think a male Marine is going to "carry your weight" just because you're a female, YOU ARE DEAD WRONG! You will have to PROVE yourself EVERY single day that you're in it for the fight WITH them.

I'm going to agree. The reason I get so upset on the forums sometimes is because some people decide they can come on this forum (the Marines' house) and act out of line. The Marines deserve the respect they have earned. They have already conquered the challenge of boot camp and the fleet, they have established us an area to ultimately speak freely on issues regarding bootcamp, and they help us for no reason other than to see us succeed and carry on the tradition of good Marines.

However, besides that I don't just hand respect out like its Halloween candy. Someone has to go beyond the everyday and prove themselves to me as someone that will be there, will do the things required of them, and will do so with little complaint. Respect also comes from overcoming and acheiving extroidanary feats.

This isn't the Kumbaya, love your neighbor, group hug, pass the peace pipe, kiss and make up, Unity Coalition, politicaly correct, free love, Golden Rule, society you may have wished to join.

There isn't a magic way to earn one's respect, but there are guidelines and Ellie said it well, here the way to earn respect is to follow the rules...but I would add to that if you desire the respect of these Marines it is 100% necessary to go that extra mile.

Edit: Double Post

Quote Originally Posted by bgsuwoody
    This isn't the Kumbaya, love your neighbor, group hug, pass the peace pipe, kiss and make up, Unity Coalition, politicaly correct, free love, Golden Rule, society you may have wished to join.
    That was a good set of words.

Thread Information