A Horrible Mistake
Create Post

A Horrible Mistake

I am deeply sorry for a horrible mistake I have caused. Check your profile you poster, you aren't a Marine. Good Conduct after 2 yrs ain't gonna get it. I pulled out my DD214 and it was listed after 2 yrs of service. No one was satisfied with this,so I checked and rechecked to see what the problem was.

I made a horrible error for over 32 years. I did recieve the Good Conduct Medal but was using a discharge date on my temporary disablity retired form as my actual discharge date. I checked my Discharge date on my actual Discharge from the Marine Corp. There was a 2 year differance and I never payed any dang attention to it. I now see why It pays to listen to others. I went on so many sites to check out what I had done wrong and it was right in front of my face all the time.

I also applied for and was awarded 3 other medals that I deserved,but had not gotten since my discharge. They were the combat action,viet nam cross,and the civil actions. I had Senator Santorum do some work for me on this and he came through with no trouble. I received these this past summer. I would never intentionally have made this error. If only I had payed better attention.. So check your profiles,so this does'nt happen to you.

Semper Fi,

PFC Dennis C King
    Retired USMC
    100% Disabled unemployable
    And would serve my country again and again and again

THE EARL PATCH, WEST TEXAS, Home of the 1st LADY Larua BUSH, Midland, TEXAS

Talking boots, it pays to read the hole ball of yarn before

1 jumps off in the deep, uh!!!!!

I can handle it, I got it coming. No retreat!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE EARL PATCH, WEST TEXAS, Home of the 1st LADY Larua BUSH, Midland, TEXAS
    boot

Thread Information