If you could own only one firearm? - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    had the honor of shooting a BAR last week, without a doubt a beautiful rifle.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    the

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Hey Lt...the Kimber Custom II
    [IMG]C:\My Stuff\TEMP\Kimber Custom II.jpg[/IMG]

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Hey LT...The Kimber Custom II
    [IMG]C:\My Stuff\TEMP\Kimber Custom II.jpg[/IMG]

Heard years ago that the best survival rifle was a .22 rifle. It was big enough weapon to hunt game, ammo plentiful and you could still kill with it to get someone else's weapon.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You are absolutely right. Imagine the grip of ammo you could carry.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Heard years ago that the best survival rifle was a .22 rifle.

I heard almost the very same thing many moons ago Sgtrock1970, except the topic was more about the caliber of the bullet used than the weapon.
    Below is an interesting tidbit of information.

http://www.ctka.net/pr1195-hewett.html
    Still highly reliable in 1963 was the High Standard .22 caliber silenced pistol which was standard issue for the OSS during WWII. This silenced handgun was amongst the personal items recovered by the Russians when Gary Powers, a CIA contract agent, was shot down over Russia in 1960 while flying the CIA's secret U-2 spy plane.

I think that I would a " drilling" That is a gun with 3 barrls(sp) It would one high power rifle say 7mag. one 20 gage and one 22. That covers everything.

Quote Originally Posted by ggyoung
    I think that I would a " drilling" That is a gun with 3 barrls(sp) It would one high power rifle say 7mag. one 20 gage and one 22. That covers everything.

OH ya, a drilling would be nice but my pockets have never been deep enought to do anything but dream of owning one---lol. The problem for me would be the one shot limit for defence. So I'll just stick with my first choice of an 870 remington.

I enjoyed seeing the drilling brought up! I find the old ideas of firearm design interesting.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    YOU,got it all covered there Sarge.From long-distance Bang-Bang,to up Close;taking the Garbage out!Every~American family should own one!!!

Magnum Research, Mark XIX Desert Eagle .50 in the titanium carbon nitride finish. It is the most beautiful and most intimidating handgun in the world. The rechambering takes a day and a half, but the kaboom is worth it.

Use to own many, not allowed now-thanks to VA

I use to own so many shotgun's, rifles, pistol's, it's hard to name them all. I have to agree that a good sawed off 18-1/2" 20g is a hairy sound. I'm not allowed to own a firearm of anykind because of under the table law enacted via, Clinton, thru the ATF/FBI, that over 20,000 Disabled Veterans names were given to these "Watcher's" which is now a Federal Law. One word....."Incompetent"....however, it's for VA purposes only, financial. No I'm no where close to being incompetent as the FBone says I am. Therefore I can't have a firearm, shell, or with anyone who does have on them. I don't care, saves money on ammo. SF Now carry on you wonderful gun slinger's.

What weapon

Hard to say, lots of Choices :-)

I have two at home, a modified .45, and a Lee Enfield .303

Push came to shove, I'd take the .45. Modified so it packs a bit more range, but capable of putting a hole through you the size of a watermelon. Reliable as hell, and has never jammed on me.
    I've only ever pulled it out of the holster with intent to kill, twice. Luckily the offenders identified themselves very quickly.
    Then again, my house says "A gun lives here" :-)

Funny story. On my way home from the range, got pulled for speeding, .45 on the passenger seat, no clip in, but 4 fully loaded clips attached to the holster. Identify myself, inform officer of weapon. Hand weapon in holster to officer. He id's me, checks paperwork, tells me to slow down and hands me back the weapon.
    "Why do you need 4 clips?" he asks, "Planning on going to war?"
    "How many do *you* carry?" I ask.
    "Good point, have a nice day sir"

Still laugh about that :-)

The .303 is handy if you want to range out to about 2000 yards. If you can see it, you can kill it. Heavy SOB though.......

Thumbs up

I have been and always will be partial to my .45 Auto!

Thread Information