Eagle, Globe and Anchor Ceremony
Create Post

Eagle, Globe and Anchor Ceremony

A little puzzled about the EGA Ceremony - Eagle, Globe and Anchor ceremony.

Is this usually held on family day or the day before?

I watched a couple of videos and they showed the Recruits receiving the Eagle Globe & Anchor after the Crucible.

If somone can kindly help me with this question as applies to MCRD Parris Island.

Thanks

Its held the last day of the crucible. after the ceromoney you go the warriors breakfest.

Is Family present at the ceremony?

No. This happens a week before you graduate. your a marine the last week you are at bootcamp

I gotta say that I was a little curious about when you are considered a Marine these days as well. I know when I was in, you weren't a Marine until graduation day when your Battalion CO says "Good Morning Marines". Did the change come when they instituted the Crucible? I know that there is a ceremony at the end of it and you recieve the Eagle Globe and Anchor but didn't know you were actually considered a Marine at this point.

At the end of the crucible. we had the ega ceromony. and then we went to the warriors breakfest. at that time the recruites serving your breakfest called you a marine. we went back to the squadbay showered and put on our new uniforms with the marine tages on them. that week we cleaned the squadbay for the next platoon and finished all our paperwork.

Roger. I do remember that we were allowed to wear our nametapes the final week with our name and US Marines and of course to the other recruits we were gods but we weren't actually referred to as Marines until graduation.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    The Eagle Globe and Anchor ceremony is still held on family day, the day before graduation at MCRD San Diego. The recruits families are on hand to witness the proudest day of the new Marines lives. Of course as everyone knows everything tends to be tougher in Hollywood lol.

This platoon of recruits is about to be called to attention and awarded the eagle globe and anchor to place on their covers by their Drill Instructors. After which the Commanding General will announce "Congratulations Marines"

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Ask Mama cause I think when Kaydra graduated it was that Thursday - family day before graduation on Friday.

Thanks everyone!!

Looking forward to it.

Thread Information