Question on ship dates...
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question on ship dates...

When I had my original shipdate, it was June 21st, as I was doing intelligence.

But now that its infantry, I'm going with all my buddies (6 of us) on June 11th.

Why do they ship some people on Mondays and some people on Wedsnesdays?

I dont know.
    But just out of curiosity, why did you change to infantry?

cuz its the best friggin job in the entire Marine Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by outlaw3179
    cuz its the best friggin job in the entire Marine Corps.
    'xactly.

As cplbrooks said...."If you want some, get some."

Intel sounded cool until I heard that unless you're teamed with a grunt unit, it's nothing but a desk job.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Umm... they shouldn't ship anyone on a wednesday... all graduations take place on Fridays, and ship dates are on Mondays... are you sure you understood your date right?

Notice it says "Projected Ship date" My projected ship date was today, but I actually ship Tuesday (not Monday due to Meps being closed or something).

Quote Originally Posted by chapman
    Umm... they shouldn't ship anyone on a wednesday... all graduations take place on Fridays, and ship dates are on Mondays... are you sure you understood your date right?
    Yes, I can read.

Quote Originally Posted by chapman
    My friend shipped on a wednesday, there's a 7 day recieving period at boot camp, people show up late and early due to random **** that can happen and still graduate at the same time, you're wrong.

Wow, I love when people act like they know what they're talking about, but really don't.

The reason people ship on different days is pretty simple. It would be too crowded to accept everyone on the same day. There are tasks that have to be accomplished as soon as you get there, and there simply isn't enough space to do everyone at once. In my company it was half and half. The lead series got there on Monday with follow series arriving on Tuesday I believe. However, you all leave receiving on the same day which means you're all ready to graduate on the same day.

Okay, another question.

Six of us are shipping on the 11th of June 2007. What are the odds I will have one of them in my platoon? Is it too late to do the buddy program?

I would say your chances are pretty good, as long as everything goes right at MEPS. They divided the platoons up by having everyone that showed up at the same time be in the same platoon unless it was a really large group, then it may be two platoons. The only way I see you all not being together is if something goes wrong at MEPS for one of you and you have to come back on another day.

Last question I swear Since I've already been to meps and everything, what do they do the 2nd time you go? Weight, height, do you still have to do a physical, get blood work, hearing, vision, ****, etc?

The second time I went they did height, weight, checked blood pressure, and made us talk to the doctor. It was much easier the second time around unless something had happened to you between visits.

This is an old thread, but I figure why start another one when I'm asking a similar question? I ship out in two days for San Diego, and can hardly wait. It would be only one day, but this morning, my recruiter called me up to tell me my ship date had been pushed from Monday to Tuesday due to something getting screwed up at MEPS. That's fine with me, but when I called up my friend this evening, who I'm doing the Buddy Program with, he was real surprised and said his recruiter hadn't told him anything of that sort.
    I guess my question is, since recruits normally ship on Mondays, will my receiving process be different? Echo_Four_Bravo's reasoning for later shippers makes sense - should I expect to be arriving with a busload of other Tuesday arrivals? And finally, will my friend and I be in the same platoon if it turns out he IS shipping on the day before me?

That doesn't even sound right. You should contact your recruiter and ask him about your quarry. It's okay to defend yourself and what you want out of the military, if he is not being totally truthful with you then contact the Gunnery Sergeant, the Gunny will most likely know what is going on or will get to the bottom of it.

Thread Information