BAND OF BROTHERS Creed
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings

Thumbs up BAND OF BROTHERS Creed

1. ALL MARINES ARE ENTITLED TO DIGNITY AND RESPECT AS INDIVIDUALS, BUT MUST ABIDE BY COMMON STANDARDS ESTABLISHED BY PROPER AUTHORITY.

2. A MARINE SHOULD NEVER LIE, CHEAT, OR STEAL FROM A FELLOW MARINE OR FAIL TO COME TO HIS AID IN TIME OF NEED.

3. ALL MARINES SHOULD CONTRIBUTE 100% OF THEIR ABILITES TO THE UNITS MISSION. ANY LESS EFFORT BUY AN INDIVIDUAL PASSES THE BUCK TO SOMEONE ELSE.

4. A UNIT, REGARDLESS OF SIZE, IS A DISCIPLINED FAMILY STRUCTURE, WITH SIMILAR RELATIONSHIPS BASED ON MUTUAL RESPECT AMONG MEMBERS.

5.IT IS ESSENTIAL THAT ISSUES AND PROBLEMS WHICH TEND TO LESSEN A UNITS EFFECTIVENESS BE ADDRESSED AND RESOLVED.

6. A BLENDING OF SEPARATE CULTURES, VARYING EDUCATIONAL LEVELS, AND DIFFERENT SOCIAL BACKGROUNDS IS POSSIBLE IN AN UNSELFISH ATMOSPHERE OF COMMON GOALS, ASPIRATIONS, AND MUTUAL UNDERSTANDING.

7. BEING THE BEST REQUIRES COMMON EFFORT, HARD WORK, AND TEAMWORK. NOTHING WORTHWHILE COMES EASY.

8. EVRY MARINE DESERVES JOB SATISFACTION, EQUAL CONSIDERATION AND RECOGNITION OF HIS ACCOMPLISMENTS.

9. KNOWING YOUR FELLOW MARINE WELL ENABLES YOU TO LEARN TO LOOK AT THINGS THROUGH HIS EYES, AS WELL AS YOUR OWN.

10. ISSUES DETRACTING FROM THE EFFICENCY AND SENCE OF WELLBEING OF AN INDIVIDUAL SHOULD BE SURFACED AND WEIGHED AGAINST THE IMPACT ON THE UNIT AS A WHOLE.

11. IT MUST BE RECOGNIZED THAT A BROTHERHOOD CONCEPT DEPENDS ON ALL MEMEBERS BELONGING- - BEING FULLY ACCEPTED BY OTHERS WITHIN.

SEMPER FIDELIS MARINES

Anyone wanting a copy of the Band of Brothers Creed, send me a PM or E-mail with your home Addy and I will be more than happy to send one to you.

Midnight
    Guest Free Member

Here read where the pharse comes from

Henry V by William Shakespeare

If we are mark'd to die, we are enow
    To do our country loss; and if to live,
    The fewer men, the greater share of honour.
    God's will! I pray thee, wish not one man more.
    By Jove, I am not covetous for gold,
    Nor care I who doth feed upon my cost;
    It yearns me not if men my garments wear;
    Such outward things dwell not in my desires:
    But if it be a sin to covet honour,
    I am the most offending soul alive.
    No, faith, my coz, wish not a man from England:
    God's peace! I would not lose so great an honour
    As one man more, methinks, would share from me
    For the best hope I have. O, do not wish one more!
    Rather proclaim it, Westmoreland, through my host,
    That he which hath no stomach to this fight,
    Let him depart; his passport shall be made
    And crowns for convoy put into his purse:
    We would not die in that man's company
    That fears his fellowship to die with us.
    This day is called the feast of Crispian:
    He that outlives this day, and comes safe home,
    Will stand a tip-toe when the day is named,
    And rouse him at the name of Crispian.
    He that shall live this day, and see old age,
    Will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbours,
    And say 'To-morrow is Saint Crispian:'
    Then will he strip his sleeve and show his scars.
    And say 'These wounds I had on Crispin's day.'
    Old men forget: yet all shall be forgot,
    But he'll remember with advantages
    What feats he did that day: then shall our names.
    Familiar in his mouth as household words
    Harry the king, Bedford and Exeter,
    Warwick and Talbot, Salisbury and Gloucester,
    Be in their flowing cups freshly remember'd.
    This story shall the good man teach his son;
    And Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by,
    From this day to the ending of the world,
    But we in it shall be remember'd;
    We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
    This day shall gentle his condition:
    And gentlemen in England now a-bed
    Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
    And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
    That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.

MIDNIGHT

Midnight, I demand you take that fcukin post off rat now !! God's name is mentioned to many times in that Shakespearian writing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey Bro...........I thinks yer nose is still clogged up with Night Mud !!!!! LMMFAO !!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually

I had never seen that particular band o brothers Creed before...sounds to me like it was written by someone from the Clinton Administration.......Only damn Creed I needed was the Creed of Senior DI's boot goin up my azz, and my Rifleman's Creed !!!!! We didn't need that Warm & Fuzzy PC crap to realize we were bro's...........

Midnight
    Guest Free Member

Re: MIDNIGHT

Originally posted by NamGrunt68
    Midnight, I demand you take that fcukin post off rat now !! God's name is mentioned to many times in that Shakespearian writing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey Bro...........I thinks yer nose is still clogged up with Night Mud !!!!! LMMFAO !!!!!!!!!!!!
    NAMGRUNT68
    Thir you thilly thavage only a phyllistine such as yourself would make such a sdemand!
    Now shush up and MAINTAIN A LIL NOISE FCUKIN DISCIPLINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BabyHuey
    Guest Free Member

BoB

I know alot of dudes from my era've a problem with the BoB stuff, and, I do to. Its just something about it seems artificial, touchy feely, xlinton-like $hit. I read the screed and yeah, the points are okay, but ...

Then it dawned on me. These good folks, who haven't been experienced, are trying to define what we've realized.

If they have that horrible realization of experience their touchy feely definitions will be worthless, for what they know will be in their hearts.

Semper Fi

Midnight
    Guest Free Member

Re: BoB

Originally posted by BabyHuey
    I know alot of dudes from my era've a problem with the BoB stuff, and, I do to. Its just something about it seems artificial, touchy feely, xlinton-like $hit. I read the screed and yeah, the points are okay, but ...

Then it dawned on me. These good folks, who haven't been experienced, are trying to define what we've realized.

If they have that horrible realization of experience their touchy feely definitions will be worthless, for what they know will be in their hearts.

Semper Fi
    Semper Fi mi hermano
    you're in the V ring

MY TAKE ON THE NEW WARM & FUZZY CREED !!

I'm sure some o you more learned and well versed bro's can do a better job than me, but here's my take on it....

BAND OF BROTHERS Creed
    1. ALL MARINES ARE ENTITLED TO DIGNITY AND RESPECT AS INDIVIDUALS, BUT MUST ABIDE BY COMMON STANDARDS ESTABLISHED BY PROPER AUTHORITY.

Marines ain't entitled to nothin but 3 hots and a cot, and that don't fly in Combat. Marines will NOT BE treated as individuals. You were trained to be a team, NOT INDIVIDUALS

2. A MARINE SHOULD NEVER LIE, CHEAT, OR STEAL FROM A FELLOW MARINE OR FAIL TO COME TO HIS AID IN TIME OF NEED.

Any Marine caught stealin from his Bro's will suffer the consequences from his Platoon Sergeant behind the barracks, and then most probaby a Court Martial. Lying is ok in certain situations if it is for the good of the Platoon or Squad. You were trained to watch your bro's six, and YOU WILL !!

3. ALL MARINES SHOULD CONTRIBUTE 100% OF THEIR ABILITES TO THE UNITS MISSION. ANY LESS EFFORT BUY AN INDIVIDUAL PASSES THE BUCK TO SOMEONE ELSE.

Any Marine not giving 100% effort during Combat or Training will suffer the wrath of his Platoon Sergeant or Squad Leader. Normally a size 12 up the azz will suffice.

4. A UNIT, REGARDLESS OF SIZE, IS A DISCIPLINED FAMILY STRUCTURE, WITH SIMILAR RELATIONSHIPS BASED ON MUTUAL RESPECT AMONG MEMBERS.

DELETE THIS WARM & FUZZY BULLSH!T

5.IT IS ESSENTIAL THAT ISSUES AND PROBLEMS WHICH TEND TO LESSEN A UNITS EFFECTIVENESS BE ADDRESSED AND RESOLVED.

Refer to number 3

6. A BLENDING OF SEPARATE CULTURES, VARYING EDUCATIONAL LEVELS, AND DIFFERENT SOCIAL BACKGROUNDS IS POSSIBLE IN AN UNSELFISH ATMOSPHERE OF COMMON GOALS, ASPIRATIONS, AND MUTUAL UNDERSTANDING.

There will be NO BLENDING OF SEPARATE CULTURES, VARYING EDUCATIONAL OR SOCIAL BACKGROUNDS AND NO ATMOSPHERE OF ASPIRATIONS. YOU ARE ALL GREEN, YOU ARE ALL WHALE SH!T, AND THE ONLY GOALS YOU WILL HAVE IS TO KILL THE ENEMY. ASPIRATIONS WILL BE LEFT AT THE YELLOW FOOTPRINTS

7. BEING THE BEST REQUIRES COMMON EFFORT, HARD WORK, AND TEAMWORK. NOTHING WORTHWHILE COMES EASY.

NO SH!T DICK TRACY

8. EVRY MARINE DESERVES JOB SATISFACTION, EQUAL CONSIDERATION AND RECOGNITION OF HIS ACCOMPLISMENTS.

EVERY MARINE DESERVES NOTHING. YOU WILL EARN WHAT YOU GET. WE DIDN'T PROMISE YOU A PHUCIN ROSE GARDEN. YOU DON'T LIKE MY CORPS, THEN GET THE PHUC OUT

9. KNOWING YOUR FELLOW MARINE WELL ENABLES YOU TO LEARN TO LOOK AT THINGS THROUGH HIS EYES, AS WELL AS YOUR OWN.

Knowing your brother Marine may keep you alive. Nothing more, nothing less.

10. ISSUES DETRACTING FROM THE EFFICENCY AND SENCE OF WELLBEING OF AN INDIVIDUAL SHOULD BE SURFACED AND WEIGHED AGAINST THE IMPACT ON THE UNIT AS A WHOLE.

AGAIN, SH!T FOR BRAINS, MARINES ARE NOT INDIVIDUALS. Your well being will most likely depend on your bro's.

11. IT MUST BE RECOGNIZED THAT A BROTHERHOOD CONCEPT DEPENDS ON ALL MEMEBERS BELONGING- - BEING FULLY ACCEPTED BY OTHERS WITHIN.

You will belong to your unit as long as you don't Phuc Up !!!! You will not Phuc up regardless of whether your accepted by your bro's or not. You life may depend on it.

That's the Marine Corps I remember. You can take this warm and fuzzy Band o Brothers Bullsh!t and put it whur the sun don't shine

TY Dane 4 clearing that up 4 me Marine..U do Know Only GRUNTS.have a KICK-ASS no holds bared, **** U in the face attitude don't ya Bro..Y U wantin 2 reform the existence of individual idiology man..Mud Suckin Marines R the Best of the Best. talkin nine miles of **** ain't gonna make us any more luved than we are.
    Semper Fi, Do like yer take on the re-write Dane!!

Old wimmen

LMAO...you guys will find anything to complain about!

Everything looks good on paper. The Declaration of Independence, The Constitution, State Criminal Codes etc. etc. etc. But if you wanted to go through each one of them just like the post above, you could. You could pick it apart and add YOUR opinions based on YOUR life experiences. If you want to nit-pick, what about the term Semper Fidelis? Name 1 person who is ALWAYS faithful to anything. Yet I still believe in that saying and use it EVERYDAY. How about the Riflemans Creed? -- "WITHOUT MY RIFLE I AM USELESS."...How many of you Nam vets still fought without your rifle?

The point is we could go through every line of anything that was ever written and pick it apart. The Marine Corps motto, Riflemans creed and BOB creed are meaningful to many people. Then again it may not be as meaningful to others. No matter how often anyone here disagrees with one another, we will always have that 1 thing in common. The point is you can make a good case for or against any of them...you can do that because you are a Marine. Because you have first hand knowledge and a sort of expertise on the subject matter. I can do that because I am a Marine. Persoanlly I like the BOB code and don't see anything different than the Constitution or Declarartion. it is all how you look at it from your own eyes.

Semper Fidelis,

Jerry

I AGREE AND DISAGREE !!!

Jerry, you are right that in most cases it is a matter of perception and opinion about most items. But I can confidently state for a fact that the Band of Brothers Creed that was put on this thread does not in any way, shape or form, remotely resemble how things were in the United States Marine Corps between 1964 and 1969. NOT EVEN REMOTELY......I can't speak for todays Corps, but it don't apply to the Corps I was in. NO WAY JOSE !!!

Midnight
    Guest Free Member

Re: Old wimmen

Originally posted by Shaffer
    LMAO...you guys will find anything to complain about!

Everything looks good on paper. The Declaration of Independence, The Constitution, State Criminal Codes etc. etc. etc. But if you wanted to go through each one of them just like the post above, you could. You could pick it apart and add YOUR opinions based on YOUR life experiences. If you want to nit-pick, what about the term Semper Fidelis? Name 1 person who is ALWAYS faithful to anything. Yet I still believe in that saying and use it EVERYDAY. How about the Riflemans Creed? -- "WITHOUT MY RIFLE I AM USELESS."...How many of you Nam vets still fought without your rifle?

The point is we could go through every line of anything that was ever written and pick it apart. The Marine Corps motto, Riflemans creed and BOB creed are meaningful to many people. Then again it may not be as meaningful to others. No matter how often anyone here disagrees with one another, we will always have that 1 thing in common. The point is you can make a good case for or against any of them...you can do that because you are a Marine. Because you have first hand knowledge and a sort of expertise on the subject matter. I can do that because I am a Marine. Persoanlly I like the BOB code and don't see anything different than the Constitution or Declarartion. it is all how you look at it from your own eyes.

Semper Fidelis,

Jerry
    You were a chaplain's assistant weren't ya? when youwere at nws earle did they still have nuckes?

Funny....

Site's by Marines, for Marines. Got Marines telling the guy who runs this place he's not a "real" Marine. It's still Jerry's house. I don't like folks causing trouble in my house; shaffer says don't cause trouble, I'll go along . I'll do my best to comply. I kinda like it here. Don't want to go looking for somethin' else. If shaffer told me I was causing trouble and to go away, I figure I'd better. It's his house. His call. Jerry, whatever ya say, bro. I know you got a tough job. I'm with ya all the way.

Hey mudsuckers..don''t make a mutha fuc..WE ALL friggin Marines..This iz here and this iz now Bro.. These muthas B our brothers.close as we gonna get to home..don't **** up a good thing.. Welcome Home grunt Ya . dingi dow ...no ****!!!

Midnight
    Guest Free Member

Re: Funny....

Originally posted by wrbones
    Site's by Marines, for Marines. Got Marines telling the guy who runs this place he's not a "real" Marine. It's still Jerry's house. I don't like folks causing trouble in my house; shaffer says don't cause trouble, I'll go along . I'll do my best to comply. I kinda like it here. Don't want to go looking for somethin' else. If shaffer told me I was causing trouble and to go away, I figure I'd better. It's his house. His call. Jerry, whatever ya say, bro. I know you got a tough job. I'm with ya all the way.
    If by chance you're refering to my comment to Shaffer being a chaplain's assistant then let me help you out and draw you a pretty picture. IT WAS MADE IN REFERENCE TO HIS ATTEMPT TO RECONCILE DIFFERENCES IN OPINION REGARDING THE ABOVE CREED. iT'S CALLED HUMOR.

Thread Information