Fallen Heros - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fallen Heros

Whoa, Nellie.

Quote Originally Posted by bootlace15
    ladderwell,

you have your opinion and i have mine. Saadam is a horrible person as were his two sons. They get away with murder of innocent people,thousands of innocent people,men women and children. Thats ok with you though.

Iraq has had training camps in their country for years. Those that harbor terrorists are just as guilty of murdering 3000 citizens of the world on 9/11 as usama is. Remember the USS Cole,and our Beiruit Embassy,remember the first boming in NY? Remember Sadaam wanting to pay 25,000 dollars to suicide bomers.

Granted oil,may have something to do with it,but its not the whole picture. Everyone still wants to come into this country. Why? When ever there is a problem with human rights,whether its a nation trying to overthrow their own government or a disaster occurs for some reason,they rely on our country to bail them out. We give and give and give,thats who we are.

Now that the terrorists are trying to spred their so called religon all over the world,and they do it their way by murder,its our fault!!!!!!!!!!Thats a real nice religon. The whole problem with our country is the liberals and the media,and the laws that the ACLU have created make it harder and harder for any problems to get resolved.

Henceforth-oil, relax the taxes on the oil companies,have the states relax their taxes on oil. Change some of the laws on the enviroment so that we can drill for our own oil, while we work on a better solution for energy. This is what needs to be done,then maybe just maybe we can have a war about something else that we don't agree on.

Bootlace15 out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hi bootlace15,

Saddam is a horrible guy. Everyone should be able to recognize that. Should he have be removed as the leader in Iraq? Certainly not the way he was removed. We've traded thousands of their dead (at Saddam's hands) for the 355,000 to 960,000 Iraqis who have died in the war only because the US acted the way it did, plus nearly 3000 of of our own dead, and ignited a war that will last for centuries, spread globally (energized by our invasion of the country), and will kill hundreds of thousands of Americans while we go broke on this fool's errand. The Republican's were as headstrong as mules, did not listen to the voice of reason and experience, and blundered forth.

I do not know where you got your data, but Iraq did not have terrorist training camps. Saddam hated the radicals, and anyone else who stood in the way of his regime (sic). Any and every armed group in Iraq were treated like threats, and he kept an iron heel on the back of their necks. No Iraqsi participated in the USS Cole, the Marine Barracks or the first attack on the Twin Towers. None. Training camps for terrorists would be like scorpions and rattlesnakes being kept in the same box. Would't work. Was never there in Iraq.

The 25,000 dollars Saddam gave to the suicide Palestinian bombers was to fly in the face of the post-Gulf War control we, and the rest of the world, had over Iraq. He did that mainly to p*ss us off.

Since the Republicans took control of our government, the US in the world has been in the decline.
    1. We thumbed our noses at the Kyoto Global Warming Treaty.
    2. We've invaded a soverign country against the advice and will of the rest of the world. We've threatened everyone else.
    3. The Christian Right has taken over the White House with Christian prayer meetings, people carrying the bible in their hands as they move about. That is very unsettling to the rest of mankind (and the majority) who are not Christians. A supposed Christian government is as bad as a supposed Islamic one. They're both tyrannical and irrational.
    4. The Republicans have sh*t upon the Geneva Convention, shouting from the mountaintops that they are going to do it "their way." There is a better way to accomplish what needs to be done, but from now on, heaven help our soldiers who are caught anywhere in the world by any government. They are even more at risk because of the blunders.

With the horrifically poor leaders, America has become like a balloon with a leak in it. Out goes our credibility, our record of moral behavior, our record of helping the weak (being helped but only if they are willing to "listen to the Word of the Lord"), our reasonableness in dealing with problems with the spreading of AIDS (only abstinence is taught), our honesty (the lies that were told), our history of Justice (going off half-cocked in the spy programs the Republicans created. The Free and Democratic society we had was circumvented (even when there were legal ways to get done what needed to get done). Yes, people want to come here, but the air is going out of the balloon, and unless we elect a Democrat led government, we are unable to get air back into it to keep it from crashing like the Hindenberg zeppelin.

When the terrorists (mostly Saudi, with none from Iraq) crashed into the Twin Towers, they hurt their cause in the eyes of the rest of the world, and moderate Islam. We actually had the radicals on the ropes. The best thing the US could have done to help the radicals cause was to invade Iraq. There we played right into their hands, and are dying and wasting our treasure because of it. Now we're on the ropes, with a rising tide of hate towards America that you, me, our children, and children's children will be fighting for centuries.

Before you attack the "Liberals," remember that it was the Liberals who brought us out of the Dark Ages with "Enlightenment" and scientific knowledge. The liberals were people who were not afraid to bring new knowledge to the table (ex. the World is round, the earth revolves around the sun, disease is caused by germs, not evil spirits, there is more than one acceptable way to address creation and the spiritual nature of existence, and no one has a monopoly on it. It was the "Liberals" who accelerated the evolution of human societies, and the "Conservatives" who tried to keep up as full blown members of the "Flat Earth Society."

We cannot attack the media for reporting what they see. As responsible citizens, we need to get our news from reputable media outlets. Kooks, such as FOX and Rush Limbaugh, and the Religious Right radio and TV stations are lobotomizing those who expose themselves to no other. We need to be well-read enough to separate the fact from fiction. Body count is a pretty good benchmark.

Here are the first 2 paragraphs from the ACLU's mission statement:

The American system of government is founded on two counterbalancing principles: that the majority of the people governs, through democratically elected representatives; and that the power even of a democratic majority must be limited, to ensure individual rights.

Majority power is limited by the Constitution's Bill of Rights, which consists of the original ten amendments ratified in 1791, plus the three post-Civil War amendments (the 13th, 14th and 15th) and the 19th Amendment (women's suffrage), adopted in 1920.

Personally, I don't see much to disagree with. How about you?

Finally, and then I'll shut up for a while {...You're welcome ;=)}, the Oil industry sells oil to make money. Why have the Japanese produced the top two (2) hybrid cars on the planet? They want to conserve oil, not suck it out of the planet as fast as we can use it, and force even more Global Warming in the process. American car buyers (except for a VW I owned back in 1972, all of my cars are American made) are typically not buying the most climate-conscious vehicles, but they use a lot of oil and gas, and that makes the Oil companies richer. I'm now torn between buying American, and buying Smart.

Bootlace15, keep your head in the game. I'm glad you're engaging in dialog, as that is what Socrates did to help all people grow. "Ideas" and "Truth" need to be able to stand tall in the light of day, and stand up to argument, even hard argument. Keep growing. As former Marines, we are to more fully realize our responsiblities as citizens, and act on them.

Take care, and the best of good fortune be with you and yours.

Respectfully,
    Ladderwell
    SF :=)

Clash of civilizations.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingMan
    Islam is cleverly using the claim that it is a religion, as a strategy of war.

If a group of people from Alabama went to Iraq and blew up a Mosque, would Islam feel required to strike back at only Alabamans, or would they feel it was their right to attack any US citizen they could find, in any state of the USA, or in any foreign country?

Islam has declared Jihad against the entire non-Muslim population of the world.

Therefore, it seems reasonable to me that all Muslims, anywhere on the planet, are fair targets.

If the Infidels of the world choose not to go to the same extreme lengths as the Jihadists... slaughtering children, women, shooting nuns in the back, etc... it is not because they owe Muslims any sort of decent treatment... it is because they are more civilised than Islam permits Muslims to be.
    Hello WalkingMan,

A group of people from Alabama DID go to Iraq and blow up a mosque, albeit as part of an invasion force. If a bunch of Iraqis blew up a church here, I would hesitate before I decided to kill my Iraqi neighbor next door. he had nothing to do with it, identical to the US reacting to 9/11 by attacking a country that had nothing to do with 9/11.

The radical Islamists are the "black sheep" of Islam, and do not represent the majority. The Islamic moderates do that. If the black sheep of my family (my crazy brother for example) killed someone, I would feel slighted if the courts came after me and mine because of that familial association.

Yes, Islam was founded by the sword (Check out the "Sword of Mohammed" on the Saudi flag), but in my research I was surprised to find out that not all Islam was founded by the sword, lots were spread by ideas and beliefs in their values. Even here in America the Black Muslims rallied around the religion as a rejection of the "white man's religion," and in reaction to the three (3) centuries of oppression imposed on them by the slave trade. The Moderates legitimized Islam, and do their best to keep their "black sheep" in check, but they need our support, not our hate or bigotry to do so.

The Muslim world has not declared "Jihad" against the West. That is a term misappropriated by the radicals to take the Jihad concept of fighting evil within oneself, and moving it outside the body and into the political world. In my study of Islam, there runs a very strong vein of respect for other religions, especially "people of the Book (i.e. our bible)." I discovered that when I thought my son or godson, or many others I know were close to going to a Muslim part of the world. I tried to create a ground "primer" to give them a lay of the land when encountering muslims. It was a learning experience for me.

We need to get objective for a little bit. Let's imagine we are observing the goings on here on Earth from Mars. We see children slaughtered, nuns shot in the back, people shot in church, blown to bits with planes used as weapons. We then see the group of attacked people pull together an army, and attack a country that did not originate the other assaults, but were still subject to significant collateral damage (religious people, children, etc), destruction of their technical infrastructure, bombing of bunkers that were filled with 300 children, and the incidental deaths of 355,000 to 960,000 Iraqis as a direct result of the invasion (only a small percentage were radicals). What would our observations yield in interpreting these results? I don't think we'd be giving any kudos to either side.

A couple of quick items, and then I've got to split:
    1. Check out the Sufis. I like them a lot, and have a tremendous amount of overlap with the spiritual elements of the world's religions. They're worth a look.
    2. Check out the "B'Hai" faith. It was founded by a muslim in Iran (naturally, he was murdered), but he created a "next generation" religion that was an evolutionary step for religion, much as Christianity was intended at its inception. If I were brave enough, I'd get on that bandwagon in a minute, because they offer all inclusiveness to people from anywhere and everywhere. It takes the best of all religions, and brings that together in a new religion of tolerance, acceptance and peace. I visited their temple in Chicago, and saw a pretty motley crew of believers, and they were from all nations and all walks of life. It offered hope in this "us against them" world.

Gotta git.
    G'nite.
    Respectfully,
    Ladderwell
    SF

Missler's article

Quote Originally Posted by greensideout
    I thought that you might find this artcle interesting in reguard to the economic side of the war. Read his bio as well, it's worth the time.

http://www.worldviewweekend.com/secu...&articleid=899
    GSO,.
    Good article. No disagreements here.
    LW :=)
    SF

Our enemys have a plan,they were willing to smuggle explosive chemicals in their babies formula,board aircraft with their baby and blow up themselves and all of the passengers of aircraft over American cities.I don`t see Ms.Murtha and Hanoi Kerry having any kind of a plan.I forgot they have the same plan CNN has,they give encouragement to their large block of undecided voters,guess who{some of them live in caves}

Thank you

Thank you Dale and the rest of you people.As some of you may or may not know ,guys like Ladderwomen throw me right to the floor.I get so frigin angry I do not no if I want to laugh or cry.I mean that. I think comments him and people like him ,presented the way he does .Give----Hell with it I'm to ****ed off .I have also met our people comming back.Some for the 2nd time. I dare say he would probly be walking around with a seem on the side of hiis head If he wanted to present his ideas for victory at this stage of the game.The reason I say thank you Dale and the rest is you express your oppinion in alot better. BUT again he is intitiled to his Blah ,Blah Blah . I am to --**** you Ladderwomen

I glad to see that ms ladderwell is still spewing her leftist rhetoric. AND he is still defending ms murtha and ****head kerry AND I think he believes the BS they spew!!!!!
    Good example of a leftist clone!

SEMPER FI,

Sorry

Sorry Walkingman and you guys.I did'nt think out my remarks very carefully.God ,where to these people come from?

Marine Free Member SgtHopperUSMC's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Funny you should say it's this administrations actions that caused the U.S. to not have enough troops. Any one remember the huge cutbacks after Desert Storm? Gee who was in charge then? I remember being told "sorry but your job is being cut back so here is some money go home." I was a Sgt with a lot left to give. Just a few years later they need more troops. Yes we do need to get this thing done. Let the Generals on the ground run the show and keep Washington at home. Yes we do need the President he is the Commander in Chief, at least he wont cut and run.

(Quote from Ladderwell) We elected an administration that threw us under a bus. Now we need one that knows how to get us out from under it.

Perhaps it will take a few more years of carnage, and a few ten thousands of dead soldiers to wake up the American majority to the horror of the Pillar of Evil in the Republican led government. We can't get out of Iraq now if we wanted to.

We are weakened by the Republicans as no other leaders have in the history of America. We do not have enough troops to push the North Koreans back across the DMZ. Plenty of death and destruction there. Ready to send more troops?

Iran is flipping us the bird. Are we ready to send troops there too? What will that cost

Are we ready to clamp down on a Taliban resurgence in Afghanistan, now that we have invaded an Arab country without cause and are losing the support of the regular Afghanies? Are we ready to send more troops there?

Are we ready to confront China if they go after the oil fields south of Japan? What if they decide to forcefully take over Taiwan? Are we ready to turn over our country to our real enemies (psssst. Iraq wasn't one of them)?

After we have spent all our money, mortgaged our children's future, turned our troops into hamburger because the "adults" of this country allowed our strength, treasure, soldiers, reputation, to be frittered away because of the profound weakening of the US permitted by the Republican Administration, and the eventual collapse of America itself, as it falls before our strengthened and emboldened enemies, will the people who voted in the Republicans (again and again) then say "Hmm. Maybe the "cut&runners" weren't so wrong after all." By then it will be too late. We need to act now.

Vote anything but Republican. Stop the filled bodybags coming home for no good reason. Solve the problem. Learn to be proud of America again.

Respectfully,
    Ladderwell
    Semper Fidelis[/quote]

Marine Free Member SgtHopperUSMC's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladderwell
    Hi bootlace15,

Saddam is a horrible guy. Everyone should be able to recognize that. Should he have be removed as the leader in Iraq? Certainly not the way he was removed. We've traded thousands of their dead (at Saddam's hands) for the 355,000 to 960,000 Iraqis who have died in the war only because the US acted the way it did, plus nearly 3000 of of our own dead, and ignited a war that will last for centuries, spread globally (energized by our invasion of the country), and will kill hundreds of thousands of Americans while we go broke on this fool's errand. The Republican's were as headstrong as mules, did not listen to the voice of reason and experience, and blundered forth.

I do not know where you got your data, but Iraq did not have terrorist training camps. Saddam hated the radicals, and anyone else who stood in the way of his regime (sic). Any and every armed group in Iraq were treated like threats, and he kept an iron heel on the back of their necks. No Iraqsi participated in the USS Cole, the Marine Barracks or the first attack on the Twin Towers. None. Training camps for terrorists would be like scorpions and rattlesnakes being kept in the same box. Would't work. Was never there in Iraq.

The 25,000 dollars Saddam gave to the suicide Palestinian bombers was to fly in the face of the post-Gulf War control we, and the rest of the world, had over Iraq. He did that mainly to p*ss us off.

Since the Republicans took control of our government, the US in the world has been in the decline.
    1. We thumbed our noses at the Kyoto Global Warming Treaty.
    2. We've invaded a soverign country against the advice and will of the rest of the world. We've threatened everyone else.
    3. The Christian Right has taken over the White House with Christian prayer meetings, people carrying the bible in their hands as they move about. That is very unsettling to the rest of mankind (and the majority) who are not Christians. A supposed Christian government is as bad as a supposed Islamic one. They're both tyrannical and irrational.
    4. The Republicans have sh*t upon the Geneva Convention, shouting from the mountaintops that they are going to do it "their way." There is a better way to accomplish what needs to be done, but from now on, heaven help our soldiers who are caught anywhere in the world by any government. They are even more at risk because of the blunders.

With the horrifically poor leaders, America has become like a balloon with a leak in it. Out goes our credibility, our record of moral behavior, our record of helping the weak (being helped but only if they are willing to "listen to the Word of the Lord"), our reasonableness in dealing with problems with the spreading of AIDS (only abstinence is taught), our honesty (the lies that were told), our history of Justice (going off half-cocked in the spy programs the Republicans created. The Free and Democratic society we had was circumvented (even when there were legal ways to get done what needed to get done). Yes, people want to come here, but the air is going out of the balloon, and unless we elect a Democrat led government, we are unable to get air back into it to keep it from crashing like the Hindenberg zeppelin.

When the terrorists (mostly Saudi, with none from Iraq) crashed into the Twin Towers, they hurt their cause in the eyes of the rest of the world, and moderate Islam. We actually had the radicals on the ropes. The best thing the US could have done to help the radicals cause was to invade Iraq. There we played right into their hands, and are dying and wasting our treasure because of it. Now we're on the ropes, with a rising tide of hate towards America that you, me, our children, and children's children will be fighting for centuries.

Before you attack the "Liberals," remember that it was the Liberals who brought us out of the Dark Ages with "Enlightenment" and scientific knowledge. The liberals were people who were not afraid to bring new knowledge to the table (ex. the World is round, the earth revolves around the sun, disease is caused by germs, not evil spirits, there is more than one acceptable way to address creation and the spiritual nature of existence, and no one has a monopoly on it. It was the "Liberals" who accelerated the evolution of human societies, and the "Conservatives" who tried to keep up as full blown members of the "Flat Earth Society."

We cannot attack the media for reporting what they see. As responsible citizens, we need to get our news from reputable media outlets. Kooks, such as FOX and Rush Limbaugh, and the Religious Right radio and TV stations are lobotomizing those who expose themselves to no other. We need to be well-read enough to separate the fact from fiction. Body count is a pretty good benchmark.

Here are the first 2 paragraphs from the ACLU's mission statement:

The American system of government is founded on two counterbalancing principles: that the majority of the people governs, through democratically elected representatives; and that the power even of a democratic majority must be limited, to ensure individual rights.

Majority power is limited by the Constitution's Bill of Rights, which consists of the original ten amendments ratified in 1791, plus the three post-Civil War amendments (the 13th, 14th and 15th) and the 19th Amendment (women's suffrage), adopted in 1920.

Personally, I don't see much to disagree with. How about you?

Finally, and then I'll shut up for a while {...You're welcome ;=)}, the Oil industry sells oil to make money. Why have the Japanese produced the top two (2) hybrid cars on the planet? They want to conserve oil, not suck it out of the planet as fast as we can use it, and force even more Global Warming in the process. American car buyers (except for a VW I owned back in 1972, all of my cars are American made) are typically not buying the most climate-conscious vehicles, but they use a lot of oil and gas, and that makes the Oil companies richer. I'm now torn between buying American, and buying Smart.

Bootlace15, keep your head in the game. I'm glad you're engaging in dialog, as that is what Socrates did to help all people grow. "Ideas" and "Truth" need to be able to stand tall in the light of day, and stand up to argument, even hard argument. Keep growing. As former Marines, we are to more fully realize our responsiblities as citizens, and act on them.

Take care, and the best of good fortune be with you and yours.

Respectfully,
    Ladderwell
    SF :=)
    2nd Timothy 3:12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.
    Oh, by the way ever read the constitution? Ever look at the begining of this country? What was it founded on agian?

Plan?

Quote Originally Posted by 6yrforMar
    Our enemys have a plan,they were willing to smuggle explosive chemicals in their babies formula,board aircraft with their baby and blow up themselves and all of the passengers of aircraft over American cities.I don`t see Ms.Murtha and Hanoi Kerry having any kind of a plan.I forgot they have the same plan CNN has,they give encouragement to their large block of undecided voters,guess who{some of them live in caves}
    For the past three (3) years of "staying the course," the Republican plan is to continue to dig a hole straight down, heaping the corpses of our loved ones around the crater. A vote for the Republicans is a "job security" vote for you children, grandchildren, etc. They'll be in uniform fighting a war that their parents and grandparents did not have to start.

Can you tell me what Iraq had to do with terrorism? They had none. They trained none. They exported none. Iraq had ZERO, ZIP, NADA to do with terrorism. Can you give me a rational and sound justification as to why we invaded them? Please try to do so. I haven't heard one yet.

BTW, can you show us your Silver Star adn 3 Purple Hearts? Unless you have been baptized by the same fire, you may have the right, but not the moral justification for criticizing either of them. No one but those who have seen the world through their eyes can understand their real motivations for trying to Stop the Madness!

Respectfully,
    Ladderwell
    SF to today's and tomorrow's Marines.

Ladderwoman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jameson
    Thank you Dale and the rest of you people.As some of you may or may not know ,guys like Ladderwomen throw me right to the floor.I get so frigin angry I do not no if I want to laugh or cry.I mean that. I think comments him and people like him ,presented the way he does .Give----Hell with it I'm to ****ed off .I have also met our people comming back.Some for the 2nd time. I dare say he would probly be walking around with a seem on the side of hiis head If he wanted to present his ideas for victory at this stage of the game.The reason I say thank you Dale and the rest is you express your oppinion in alot better. BUT again he is intitiled to his Blah ,Blah Blah . I am to --**** you Ladderwomen
    David Jameson,

Iraq had nothing to do with terrorism. Why are we there? Why are our brothers and sisters dying? If your out of the Corps, act to take care of the Corps. Please do not confuse your responsibility with the responsibility of the people on the ground. They are radically different. They obey their chain of command. Who do we obey? Common sense? Good judgement? Do you think "staying the course (more soldiers die)" is the right course?

Us old farts went through the Nam Era experience when we were young and uninformed. We lost 75,000 there before throwing in the towel (the people didn't want us there), and for what? For their natural course of history to play itself out as if we weren't even there? Doesn't anyone get angry for our body count in Iraq? We're doing the same thing in Iraq as we did in Viet Nam, not counting the killed Iraqis as important as our own dead. Hooray.

That's what is going to happen in Iraq. The same thing that's been happening for 1450 years. If we are in Iraq for 5 years, 50 years, or 500 years, when we pull out, taking away our dead and emptying our treasury, and losing any goodwill we generated during our first 230 years, it will eventually be like we weren't even there, and for what?

Everybody and their grandmother knows we have turned Iraq into a training camp, proving ground, and source of 10s of thousands of terrorists, who will leave there and go back into the world. WTF!??! How can former Marines line up behind this? We need a New Direction other than South.

Let's think, and perhaps read. Go your local library and ask the Reference Librarian for a book or three that will give the best picture of the history of the region. The truth will give you pause to stop and think.

Respectfully,
    Ladderwell
    SF

Funny you should say it's this administrations actions that caused the U.S. to not have enough troops. Any one remember the huge cutbacks after Desert Storm? Gee who was in charge then? I remember being told "sorry but your job is being cut back so here is some money go home." I was a Sgt with a lot left to give. Just a few years later they need more troops. Yes we do need to get this thing done. Let the Generals on the ground run the show and keep Washington at home. Yes we do need the President he is the Commander in Chief, at least he wont cut and run.

(Quote from Ladderwell) We elected an administration that threw us under a bus. Now we need one that knows how to get us out from under it.
    -----
    Sgt. HopperUSMC,

Question: I am sorry that you and thousands of others were cut back. Do you think that we would have come up short on troops if we had not invaded Iraq?

I've given this a lot of thought, and the way this folly of a war in Iraq is being fought, will probably eventually require a Draft...again. I remember the soldiers' response to "Blood and Guts Patton,": "His guts, our blood."
    The CORRECT war would not have required hundreds of thousands of people in the field except in cases of stamping out Terror-States (Iraq was not one of them). Even when we did that, we had a true multi-national force to go into Iraq the first time, and we had the support of the UN and the world when we did so, the same for Afghanistan, and did not have to go it alone. The correct war would have involved small, strategic strikes with few soldiers, and lots of explosives.

Cut & run? The Republicans need to be run out of town for the damage to the United States, and the deaths of hundreds of thousands, including nearly 3000 of our own that they have done with their "Cowboy Politics." They are dangerous, and have proved it! This country needs a New Direction.

Respectfully,
    Ladderwell
    SF

ladderwell,
    It is easy to talk about ms kerry's Silver Star and his Purple Hearts - I could have had some Purple Hearts for all the elephant grass cuts I got but I chose not to unlike pseudo-hero kerry. I understand ms kerry went through a box of bandades for his "wounds". When you can write your own citations for awards it makes it easy to get them - by the way, I believe ms kerry is on his third re-write of his Silver Star citation - DOES THAT TELL YOU ANY ****ING THING ABOUT THIS SCUMBAG ??????????????????????????? Why hasn't this piece of **** kerry fully disclosed his military record???? Kinda tells you the ****head has something to hid!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LIKE ethics, loyality, patriotism, courage, backbone, gonads, etc!!!!!!!
    Another thing, I wouldn't call shooting a VC in the back "Baptized by the same fire"!!!!!!!! fatass murtha and kerry are both a disgrace to the uniforms they once wore!!

SEMPER FI,

Wwjb

Quote Originally Posted by SgtHopperUSMC
    2nd Timothy 3:12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.
    Oh, by the way ever read the constitution? Ever look at the begining of this country? What was it founded on agian?
    SgtHopperUSMC,

Per your suggestion, I checked out the Preamble to the Constitution:

The Constitution of the United States of America

We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

In reading this, let's look at how the Republicans have lived up to their constitutional responsibilities:
    1. "...form a more perfect union." The country has never been this divided. Wouldn't you agree?
    2. "Establish Justice." They have trampled on the legal structure readily available to accomplish anything they want to do. The deem themselves ABOVE THE LAW, including trashing the Geneva Convention. How'd you like to be a prisioner with any of our enemies now? Now that we've lost the moral high ground.
    3. "Insure domestic tranquility." Listened to the radio lately? How about what rest of the world thinks of us? They even have us former Marines going toe-to-toe. The Republicans have made me ashamed to be an American.
    4. "Provide for the common defense." No one on earth can say the US is safer now than before the Republican took over the Senate, House and Presidency. They have and are wasting our soldiers and our treasury, and have given maximized tax cuts to the wealthy, so there is even less money available for our common defense.
    5. "Promote general welfare." Incomes have fallen since the Republicans completed their coup. Fewer tax dollars are going to help the weak and infirm, even hitting VA benefits and hosptials. I don't see much if any success there.
    6. "...secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity." We are no longer as free as we were before the Republicans took control. We cannot go to other countries without facing the hate generated by our bad politicians, the Bill of Rights is under assault (the shield for our personal freedoms), and posterity. Our children and grandchildren will pay for our sins in electing such horrible leadership. Our posterity looks bleak.

Lastly WWJB (Who Would Jesus Bomb?)?
    Respectfully,
    Ladderwell
    ST

Quote Originally Posted by OLE SARG
    I glad to see that ms ladderwell is still spewing her leftist rhetoric. AND he is still defending ms murtha and ****head kerry AND I think he believes the BS they spew!!!!!
    Good example of a leftist clone!

SEMPER FI,
    Ole Sarge,

Would be happy to see any good reasons for invading Iraq.
    Ladderwell
    SF

p.s. If you had as much salad on your chest as Kerry and Murtha, people would take your comments about them with more seriousness.

Thread Information