what you think of this idea ??
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

what you think of this idea ??

Start adding Marine Corps history to the board
    I can supply you with recruit training regiment quesions that would help us all through boot camp .. we all will be learning it in boot so heres a chance at getting a head !!

Devilpup I have to say you should definitly get this info .. you should think about going for Guide .. you have the desire and the smarts

heres the first 1 : ( to give you an idea )

1) WHAT ARE THE PROCEDURES FOR REPORTNG A POST ?

A. present arms , report , "Pvt Jones reports post number two no trespassers" Salute Drill INstructer as he leaves.

B.Present arms if armed .Once acknowleged execute port arms, report Private Jones reports post number two all secure , there is nothing to report at this time , salute al officers as they leave

correct answer is B

How about a cheat sheet?

Hey, guess what! Most all of that stuff is already posted on the site!

Do some readin'. It ain't that hard kids!

Registered User Free Member leroy8541's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    If you are reporting your post you are armed be it with a night stick or a fifty cal. you will be wearing a cartrige belt which declares you armed you will be wearing a cover. you will hold your salute while reporting blah blah blah. when the o.d. or sog drops his salute you drop yours he will tell you to carry on then you do so.

Credits
    Savings
    hey sometimes cheat sheets help lol ,
    but this is from a real recruit guide just trying to help out .

I havent seen much of this posted here ?? I ve read just about everything in this forum

jellybean

Registered User Free Member ktriplett's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    While this is in theory a good idea, it's really just an exercise in redundancy. There are a ton of links in the Mentor forum that have most of the information we poolees need, and there are additions all the time. The same information posted in too many places can get confusing.

Registered User Free Member Barndog's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    No wonder this is an 'I want it given to me' society. Selfish. You might want to think about another occupation or something, cause you are going to get people killed from lack of desire and motivation in the military. It isn't just a damm job. People's lives DEPEND UPON YOUR ACTIONS.
    Key word here:

INITATIVE

FIND SOME

ktriplett! My estimation of you just went up a bit!

Well done!

Dawn, I said it was a cheat sheet and that "Most all of that stuff is already posted on the "site." I didn't say 'forum'.

To be honest, I don't remember if the specific answer to your question has been posted, but I do know that references for the material you need have been posted.

I didn't say that it wasn't a legit topic fer discussion among Poolees and DEPers, either! The rest of us know better....well, maybe I don't, but......LOL.

Just my opinion.

Registered User Free Member leroy8541's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    INCOMING!!!!!!!

Credits
    Savings
    LOL .. THATS WHY I ASKED FIRST ..

HIDING IN THE BUSHES

I HAVE ALL THE INFO I NEED FROM BOOKS AND HERE .. JUST TRYING TO HELP ..

DawnMarie

Thanks for the compliments. But as far as going for Guide is concerned, I'm not gonna try to get it. Number one, the Guide probably gets put under the most stress out of all of the recruits. Gets yelled at the most, IPTed the most, and is expected to give the most and excell the most. The DIs are always watching them. Granted, if my DI figures out my name, I want it to be because I'm doing things right, not wrong... but still...

Besides, if I say to myself, "I'm gonna be Guide" and I don't get the job, there's the potential for hostility and resentment in my platoon from the very beginning. That won't exactly help the cause of us becoming Marines together, learning how to function as a cohesive unit.

Nha, I'm just gonna do my best and work my butt off and let everything else fall into place. If my DIs make me Guide, so be it. I'll work even harder than I thought I could. If not, I'll support my Guide and still do my best. Either way, I'll be working towards becoming a Marine. But that's the ultimate goal, isn't it?

The goal is to become a Marine for a lifetime, not Platoon Guide for 3 months.

Registered User Free Member Barrio_rat's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Guide

Originally posted by DevilPup2004
    Thanks for the compliments. But as far as going for Guide is concerned, I'm not gonna try to get it. Number one, the Guide probably gets put under the most stress out of all of the recruits. Gets yelled at the most, IPTed the most, and is expected to give the most and excell the most. The DIs are always watching them. Granted, if my DI figures out my name, I want it to be because I'm doing things right, not wrong... but still...

Besides, if I say to myself, "I'm gonna be Guide" and I don't get the job, there's the potential for hostility and resentment in my platoon from the very beginning. That won't exactly help the cause of us becoming Marines together, learning how to function as a cohesive unit.

Nha, I'm just gonna do my best and work my butt off and let everything else fall into place. If my DIs make me Guide, so be it. I'll work even harder than I thought I could. If not, I'll support my Guide and still do my best. Either way, I'll be working towards becoming a Marine. But that's the ultimate goal, isn't it?

The goal is to become a Marine for a lifetime, not Platoon Guide for 3 months.
    ------------------------

Okay, here’s where I have a problem. Join the Marine Corps and settle for mediocrity. BULLSH.T!. ALWAYS strive to do more, to be better, to conduct yourself in a way that exemplifies excellence. It does not mean you are perfect nor does it mean that you are the best. It means that you are TRYING! That you are giving 100% of yourself. This goes to character.

A point you made...

The Guide is under more pressure and gets PT’d more. In Boot Camp, you are all under pressure. PERIOD! As far as who gets picked on or PT’d the most, that is up to the Drill Instructors - whoever is their favorite of the day or week - even weeks. Damn near every recruit will have their turn because damn near every recruit screws up at some time. Telling yourself you’re going to be Guide is wishful thinking... Striving to be Guide is setting a goal. Nothing wrong with trying. I would see more wrong in not attempting than attempting and failing. Being a Guide shows toward leadership skills - that is a Marine trait for a lifetime. Best to learn it early rather than late.

Okay, here’s the “story” part. I was guide - for 1 day. Our Guide got fired and our Senior Drill Instructor yells to the platoon, “who wants to be Guide?” About 4 or 5 of us broke from the platoon and ran for the Gideon - this is an item you take, by force if necessary. I grabbed it first, I was guide. True, it didn’t last long. It showed the Drill Instructors that I believed in myself enough to know that I had what it took to lead the platoon as Guide.

Now, where this leads in the Fleet. Look back to the first paragraph and then read on from here...

When you are a recruit; behave in a manner that exemplifies the United States Marine Corps - behave as if you are a Pvt in the USMC. When (if) you become a Pvt, behave as if you were a PFC. Once becoming a PFC, behave and act accordingly as if you were a LCpl. Once attaining the rank of LCpl, behave and conduct yourself as if you were a Cpl. Once Cpl, behave and conduct yourself as if you were a Sgt. And so on... This is leadership in the USMC. This is why as a Sgt, I lead Navy E-6's. Yes, lead. The Marine Sgt commands respect from all branches of the military and even from civilians. Why is this? Because they start from the beginning, striving to be leaders of men and they don’t get that way just because they have three stripes on their sleeves. They get that way by practicing and learning from those that came before them in how to behave and, according to rank, how to conduct themselves. They are professionals from day one. Always striving to be better - for themselves, for their fellow Marines and for the Corps as a whole.

My advice to you, if the Gideon is there, take it! If it’s not there for you, conduct yourself in a manner which will have the Drill Instructors wondering if they should give you the opportunity to be the Guide. It doesn’t matter if you end up carrying the Gideon or not, it matters that you know you could.

And, just a point to be made. I have never heard a recruit call a Drill Instructor a "DI" - at least, not without serious ramifications. This is a web forum and we often use condensed forms for quicker writing. I would not correct a fellow Marine on this, they've earned the right to say and do just about anything concerning the Corps - Those that have not earned the Eagle, Globe and Anchor (in case you were wondering, that's what some call the EGA) I believe should be referring to those that will be training them to become Marines, as Drill Instructors and no less. It's also a good habit to be in for when your day comes that you stand on the yellow footprints.

Originally posted by Barndog
    No wonder this is an 'I want it given to me' society. Selfish. You might want to think about another occupation or something, cause you are going to get people killed from lack of desire and motivation in the military. It isn't just a damn job. People's lives DEPEND UPON YOUR ACTIONS.
    Key word here:

INITIATIVE

FIND SOME
    Discipline, Pride, Honor, Courage and Commitment.

"Do It" ..."Get Sum"

Dawn Marie:

1) WHAT ARE THE PROCEDURES FOR REPORTNG A POST ?

A. present arms , report , "Pvt Jones reports post number two no trespassers" Salute Drill INstructer as he leaves.

B.Present arms if armed .Once acknowleged execute port arms, report Private Jones reports post number two all secure , there is nothing to report at this time , salute al officers as they leave

correct answer is B

neither is correct. Are You Related to Mis Information "jellybean"?

1. To take charge of this post and all government property in view.

2. To walk my post in a military manner, keeping always on then alert and observing everything that takes place within sight or hearing.

3. To report all violations of orders I am instructed to enforce.

4. To repeat all calls from posts more distant from the guardhouse than my own.

5. To quit my post only when properly relieved.

6. To receive, obey, and pass on the sentry who relieves me, all orders from the commanding officer, officer of the day, and officers and noncommissioned officers of the guard only.

7. To talk to no one except in line of duty.

8. To give the alarm in case of fire or disorder.

9. To call the corporal of the guard in any case not covered by instructions.

10. To salute all officers and all colors and standards not cased.

11. To be especially watchful at night and, during the time for challenging, to challenge all persons on or near my post and to allow no one to pass without proper authority.

You ALL don't want to hear the rest. Cuz you probably know wtf I think. AND I'm sure ya don't giva shucks, gee wizz, golly! Never the less it's here till it's deleted

Barrio_Rat

Sergeant, thank you for your post. I know that I have a lot to learn - more than I oftentimes think I do. In rereading my post, I've found that I wasn't exactly clear on what I meant, or my intentions.

I don't plan on settling. I plan on giving 200% of myself. What I meant was that I'm not going to get myself all humped up, thinking, "I'm gonna be better than everyone else, and because of that, I'm gonna be made Platoon Guide!" I'm gonna do my best and give my all. If my Drill Instructorss look at me and see a lot of heart, or that I've excelled in the different classes and qualifications, or that I have more leadership skills than my Sisters, or whatever they're looking for in a potential Guide, that's great! If not, I can look at my Guide and see an example of the my Drill Instructors are looking for. Then I can try even harder and give even more, and strive for that. I know that right now, sitting on my butt, I have in my mind a certain level of how good I can be. But when I hit the Island, I know that, with the help of my Drill Instructors and my Sisters, those expectations will be blown out of the water. When others expect more of me than I do, my own expectations of what I can do will expand, and I will become a better person for that.

And as far as referring to Drill Instructors as DIs, thank you for setting me straight. I had never thought of it like that, as some former Drill Instructors I know refer to "When I was a DI..." But just to reassure you, I have never referred to your Eagle, Globe and Anchor as an "EGA." It's something I haven't earned yet, so I in now way, shape or form want to disrespect it.

Credits
    Savings
    usmc0311

HUMM CORRECTION , WHAT YOU STATED ARE THE GENERAL ORDERS .. IM TRYING TO ADD STUFF FROM A REGRUIT GUIDE MARINE CORPS HISTORY...
    I wouldnt putt wrong information on the board sweetie sorry but i have to say your wrong this time

jellybean

Thread Information