Just Graduated
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just Graduated

Just Graduated

well, I DID IT!....i can now say i am a U.S. Marine. there is no better feeling in the world. i graduated Charlie Company PLT 1019 (honor platoon),
    poolees- ask questions, ask questions, ask questions.... the biggest advice i can give is to learn as much of the knowledge as you can before you go. ex...... rank structure, chain of command (as much as you can), USMC history, customs and courtesies..... ask your recruiter about it, they will tell u what to study. other than that, just make sure u can pass an IST, as long as you can pass that, the DI's will take care of the rest. (poosie-poo), ill let u find out what that is.
    just go in with a clear head, and know that the DI's are hard because they are training warriors for war, if they fail to train you correctly, it could mean your life in battle. its that simple. and remember everything in recruit training has a reason, everything you do is preparing you for something else. so when they have you do something that seems stupid or pointless, just do what they say and it will all make sense in the end.
    I also wanted to say thank you to the ladies and gentleman that gave me advice before i left. because of you i felt ready and confident to start training. nobody helped me more than you, not even my recruiter. So if ur a poolee and ur reading this.....start asking questions.... thanks everybody
    Pvt. Kiparski

Congratulations Private.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Congratulations! Semper Fi, Marine

Congratulations Marine.

Ok, The first question. As far as Marine Corps History goes, what should we try and learn while at home. I know theres alot of ti and I have a little less then a month before leave andI want to have an idea on the major points of The History. (Not saying that everything in the Marine Corps is not major) Just the Stem of the history I guess. Like the Basics.

P.S Sorry for the confusion, Thanks for the Advice

Semper Fi Marine ! Welcome to the gun club.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Angry

congrats and good luck
    2 all the marines who graduated

welcome aboard, Marine. Enjoy your tour and walk proud. You have proven yourself to all...

Congratulations Private.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by JmikeJr88
    Ok, The first question. As far as Marine Corps History goes, what should we try and learn while at home. I know theres alot of ti and I have a little less then a month before leave andI want to have an idea on the major points of The History. (Not saying that everything in the Marine Corps is not major) Just the Stem of the history I guess. Like the Basics.

P.S Sorry for the confusion, Thanks for the Advice

General Orders

Credits
    Savings
    Congrats, Private, and welcome back!!!

jmikejr.....here are some of the things u need to know as far as USMC history.......
    -the first Marine to earn the medal of honor
    -the two Marines who each earned 2 medals of honor
    -the father of USMC aviation
    -the first woman Marine
    -the year women could join the Marines
    -read about John Basilone, and what he did during WWII
    -how the battle for Hue City was fought
    -the most decorated Marine
    -the date the Marine barracks in lebanon was bombed
    -the definition of "deadly force", (in boot camp it was defined as: force that will cause death of serious bodily harm used as a last resort)

Those are the questions i remember the most, you will take the test alot before you take the one that counts on T-63. it was just nice knowing some of the knowledge and not having to worry about learning a bunch of stuff. you have plenty of other stuff to worry about.
    also try to learn your general orders. even though it doesnt seem like it, the drill instructors do notice the recruits that took the initiative to get to boot camp as prepared as possible. let me know if u have any other questions, i should be able to help u out.

Thanks for the info.. I got most of the general orders down but those few things will deffinetly keep me busy for the next month. I love anything that has to do with The Marine Corps. Can't PT all day long.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Congratulations, Private. Great to see another Poolee become a proud Marine. Enjoy your leave!

BTW, I wish all y'all new recruit training graduates would post pics of yourselves now. I find the transformation fascinating.

Semper Fi Marine. Congratulations.

Thread Information