Possible poser - Page 5
Create Post
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Possible poser

Credits
    Savings
    Images

!

I remember at PI I was in the second Bat we had 3 number sets but Hollywood had 4 number sets in the 60's.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun View Post
    Those dates are all screwed up...but as I recall, the Platoon numbering system in the 60's was only 3 numbers. I may be wrong.

What I do find as a 'flag' tho is the fact that he's not looking for other members of his old unit (if, in fact, he served anywhere...) but members of his old recruit platoon...?

While it's certainly possible that he served a tour in Vietnam, with this total service time (by my guess, 3 year enlistment), I think the 4 PH story is to be doubted...

Credits
    Savings
    Images

!

http://www.pownetwork.org/phonies/phonies1065.htm

Quote Originally Posted by JagsIndy View Post
    Have a local Indiana person who has been passing himself off as a Vietnam era Marine with a Bronze Star (With V) and up to four Purple Hearts . He posted on a NJ site in 2005 for some reason. Was there even a MCRD Platoon 2044 during the 1964/1965 time frame?? Here is the info posted on the NJ site, complete with the errors in it:

Name DONALD VAN-HORN MCRD Platoon 2044
    City Terre Haute Date Graduated 05/19/1905
    State INDIANA Join Date 11/10/1965
    Email DD_1043@MSN.COM Release Date 12/17/1968
    Home Page Rank E5

Duty Stations
    Ships
    Comments LOOKING FOR OTHER MARINES FROM PLATOON 2044
    Date Submitted: 09/10/2005

that sound kind of fishie. I graduate fro MCRD in June 1964 Platoon 348 which went to ITR in September of 1964 for 30 days

Credits
    Savings
    Back in 65 at PI I Graduated in Plt. 2018 Sr. DI Francis Xavier MulDowney. Sissy Name, Meanest SOB I EVER saw.

Platoon 2044

I was in Platoon 2044. MCRD San Diego in July 1968. I think we graduated in Sept or Oct. All platoons were 4 numbers. We had 3 DI's. SSgt Largent, SSgt Mitchell and Sgt Cataletta. He always wanted the house mouse to make his coffee "golden" the same color as the coffee cup or the mouse got his ass kicked. We lived in huts like Gomer. I went to my 2 youngest sons graduations about 2 years ago. One got back from Afgan on Thanksgiving. The other at MCB CamLejeune getting ready to go.
    Regarding the imposter - Get me the date and city of the fire he claims to have lost his medals in. I can check it out. I spend 10 years in before going into law enforcement. I've been a licensed PI in Ca for the past 11 years. I would love to verify.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    When we go to Boot Camp, during Boot there are pics taken and a Platoon Book is put together. Now if you get alot of info on a person claiming to be a Marine and one has thoughts of poser. Well if you have Platoon Number, Year, Name, Company, Batallion.You can contact MCRD SD & PI and they can pull Platoon Books and check. How do you think Marines and people can get pictures and books after so many years.

Semper Fi

Was in MCRD June 65 PLT 349 don't remeber how they came up with the numbers but I was told they changed each new year someone else may know how it was done?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    '69 started with 390, got held back, graduated with 3011 They were using both.

check this one out(FJV):
    false documentions(fraud)
    http://www.pownetwork.org/phonies/phonies584.htm

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Oct 1969,PLT 3057

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Sparkie,we were there about the same time?

Now this thread is very interesting, I didn't realize there was that many idiots out there trying to fake the funk like that.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandrel View Post
    Now this thread is very interesting, I didn't realize there was that many idiots out there trying to fake the funk like that.

There's more than that. This thread is a fairly new one. We've had a number of other similar threads in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbelt View Post
    I finished boot camp at MCRD-SD in Dec. of 1963 with platoon 274. I enlisted in Detroit, Mich. and they sent me to SD. I would definately question the four Purple Hearts, since from the info givin, he seems to have been in 3 years, which would usually translate into one tour in Nam. I have a friend (Gunny)who has four Purple Hearts which he received after 3 tours in Nam, and he had to sign a waiver to go back to Nam after the second PH, if I remember right.
    Just wondering if your friend Gunny is Gunny Bender, Gunny B a gunner for motor transport Chu Lai, Dong Ha 65-67?
    Please I would Like to know.

Thank you,
    Matt
    Please message me if so anxious_2002@yahoo.com
    thank you for your service

Don't know about his dates but we had more then one Marine that was WIA more then
    4 times. Our CO was hit 6 times befor they made him leave for stateside, He came back signed a waver and was in country 6 mounths later the choper he was in was shot down and he was KIA. So their is a chance he could have been WIA 4 times.

Thread Information