Possible poser - Page 6
Create Post
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Possible poser

oct. 67 plt 2062 grad dec. 67 as the Philadelphia Eagles Platoon seems the di's bet on the Eagles, big mistake, they lost to the 49ers' we caught hell, like to think it was because of the Eagles. i can remember the hours on that drill feild damn hard on the feet. i think a lot about the guys that didn't make it. damn has itr really been 40 years? batw

Quote Originally Posted by drumcorpssnare View Post
    Here's a 'poser' story for ya. I'm interested in your feedback.

This Marine told me he had served in Korea. He related that one day he and four other Marines were stringing com wire when they were attacked by eight or nine ChiCom. This Marine shot one enemy 6 times with his M-1 carbine, and the enemy kept coming. The ChiCom attempted to bayonet the Marine. The bayonet went between the helmet liner and the steel pot. The combat was hand to hand. The Marine pulled a grenade, stuck it in the enemy's chest, and rolled him over. The blast killed the bad guy and severely wounded the Marine.
    This Marine's ribbons reflected a Purple Heart, PUC, Good Conduct, National Defense, Korean PUC, Korean Service, Korean Campaign.
    I did some serious and thorough investigating. Seems this guy never made it any further west than Camp Pendelton.
    He WAS however, an extra in the movie "The Sands of Iwo Jima" I own a photo of him standing next to John Wayne, in herringbone utilities.
    It's a picture of my dad. He was a career Marine. Deeply involved in the Marine Corps League. How he got away with wearing those ribbons around fellow Marines...I'll never know.
    With my Congressman's help, I got copies of MY SRB, my Dad's SRB, and my Grandfather's SRB. So I know my dad was never in Korea.
    I didn't find out the truth until ten yrs. after my dad passed away.
    It was a tough pill to swallow.

Any thoughts?
    I heard about an incident similar to the one your dad described, while I was in Korea. I don't know where it occurred, or what the circumstances were. If it happened, it would have been written up somewhere.Justy remember, your dad wanted to be held in respect by his children. Give him a break.

Sempre Fidelis. Ken

Quote Originally Posted by batw View Post
    oct. 67 plt 2062 grad dec. 67 as the Philadelphia Eagles Platoon seems the di's bet on the Eagles, big mistake, they lost to the 49ers' we caught hell, like to think it was because of the Eagles. i can remember the hours on that drill feild damn hard on the feet. i think a lot about the guys that didn't make it. damn has itr really been 40 years? batw
    Wait 'til you get going on 60yrs, Batw. then you'll know just much your feet can hurt, Thinking about the miles you've walked. Sempre Fi!! Ken

the following pieces of **** are still in the sewer system....someone flush the ****ters and sent them on down the line !!!!!
    John Melvin Johns Jr.-aka "JJ"~James Graymountain-aka "war path"~Ray Edwin Carey-aka "Precious"~Paul David Warner-aka "Tall Paul"~Scott Rombow-aka "Mudflap"

I HAD SOME LEGENDS IN MY REGIMENT MY COMPANY 1st SGT in LIMA 3/8 had 6 confirmed kills with an e.tool, my H$S Company !st SGT had 5 purple Hearts and my Regimental commander Then COL James Livingston won the Medal Of Honor.

That's correct, three digits. I was in Plt 280 MCRD. Four PH's? Be interested to learn what units he was with.

Truly understand how you feel bubba. Whenever someone says they were with the CIA, recon, special forces, SEALS, and can't figure why the compass keeps swinging or say he'll have to kill you, probably POSER. I was at VA the other day and this young man (Gulf War) was telling us how he was awarded the PH but couldn't wear it. The "soldier" suffered an in-CONUS leg injury just before his unit deployed. His CO felt he "earned" PH since his unit went into combat. What a crock of poop.

Don't know about this guy so I assume he is talking about PI. In San Diego in May '69 there were 4 digit platoons, I was 1082.
    But still not as bad as the guy I saw who posted he was in boot camp in Pendleton and left because he did like it, actually packed his things and left. But then he says he thought better of it and went back to finish basic. Now that is a poser.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Feb 68 platoons were 3 digit.
    Mine was platoon 235.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckH View Post
    Feb 68 platoons were 3 digit.
    Mine was platoon 235.
    Jan 67 platoons were also 3 digit at PI, mine was 336.

Mine was Platoon 114 , 1973

OK boys let me clear some of this up in 1958 in San Diego,Ca. they had four digit platoon number I collect platoon books and I have several from 58 to 69 with four digit numbers. If you want to check go to my section in the uniform U ,section and look at my collection of books and it will show you.. http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...raduation-Book!!!!
    now Drop it or face the, Wrath.of the all mighty!!! Also in 1957 Lee Harvey Oswald Platoon was 2060 that was in 1957 so live with it boys.. look up facts before you judge someone ,remember never cast stones at glass houses

Last edited by Marine1955; 03-18-13 at 09:31 PM.

Thread Information