College now? - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: College now?

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Marine84
    I think it's a pretty reasonable question, don't you J?
    lol, "Yep" I certainly do, considering he is a
    Visitor! on OUR! site,

Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt. >>
    ~Mark Twain

Poolees...

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Smalcom
    I thought this whole thing was ... nevermind.
    It wasn't Smalcom "you asked a Great, Debatable Question" that in the end, only your going to give yourself the best answer.

Who cares about degrees and credits. Is you degree going to keep you warm at night when you dont have a job? No. Do you know how many people I know have degrees in business or some other "important" degree that work at Wells Fargo in some punk ass customer service job or some other entry level position? Doesnt matter...what matters is if you actually utilize the degree that you are spending all this money on. Go into college have a plan, and act on it. Dont just go to college to get a degree. Im not just saying this because I heard about it or read it about in some magazine somewhere. Everyday in the real world , not MarineCorpsville, you see people who never use their degree. Believe me , In my opinion if you want to go to school , do it..only if you have a plan. dont just go to get a degree that you will never use. If you want to go , and uitlize it to be an officer in the Marine Corps then.. drive. Find your motive, locate it , and attain.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by outlaw3179
    Who cares about degrees and credits. Is you degree going to keep you warm at night when you dont have a job? No. Do you know how many people I know have degrees in business or some other "important" degree that work at Wells Fargo in some punk ass customer service job or some other entry level position? Doesnt matter...what matters is if you actually utilize the degree that you are spending all this money on. Go into college have a plan, and act on it. Dont just go to college to get a degree. Im not just saying this because I heard about it or read it about in some magazine somewhere. Everyday in the real world , not MarineCorpsville, you see people who never use their degree. Believe me , In my opinion if you want to go to school , do it..only if you have a plan. dont just go to get a degree that you will never use. If you want to go , and uitlize it to be an officer in the Marine Corps then.. drive. Find your motive, locate it , and attain.
    I couldnt have said it better. Having worked in the mortgage industry for many years i would have to say everything you say here is true according to my own observations as well.

Ecp

Does anyone kmnow any orders regarding Enlisted Comisioning Program?I had a moral waiver above the RS level to enlist, but have HAD a spotless SRB the two years I
    ve been in. I have about a year of college to finish (using my TA ) and wanted to put in a ECP packet. I never had any convictions just a bunch of misdemeanor charges that were dropped. So would I be eligible or not?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    not sure about officer stuff. I do know that if you have any tattoos that also requires a waiver. What were the offenses?

couple of ABs a bunch of driving stuff

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    you may want to contact a lawyer in the state where the offenses occured to see if you might qualify to have the offenses expunged from your record. How old were you when they happened?

good idea, but when they do the FBI check like they did when we first enlisted doesnt show expunged stuff?

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I have more degrees than a rectal thermometer and I can tell you an education, like anything else, is only as good as you make it. College teaches you how to learn and NOT what you will need in life. I have seen more graduates that think the world owes them something just because they have a degree. They discount experience and common sense. No amount of education can replace these.

Back to the original question:
    Ø Consider the Scholarship – This is an awesome opportunity
    Ø Consider NROTC – A taste of both worlds
    Ø Consider the Reserves – Be aware the call up rate is higher than “Actives”
    Ø Consider OCS or Enlisting after school.
    Ø Talk to Recruiters with EXPERIENCE

Do what is right for you. Remember, this is a free country and you are allowed to CHANGE your mind!!!!

Scholarship

Quote Originally Posted by Mike McIntyre
    I have more degrees than a rectal thermometer and I can tell you an education, like anything else, is only as good as you make it. College teaches you how to learn and NOT what you will need in life. I have seen more graduates that think the world owes them something just because they have a degree. They discount experience and common sense. No amount of education can replace these.
    >>
    Back to the original question:
    Ř Consider the Scholarship – This is an awesome opportunity
    Ř Consider NROTC – A taste of both worlds
    Ř Consider the Reserves – Be aware the call up rate is higher than “Actives”
    Ř Consider OCS or Enlisting after school.
    Ř Talk to Recruiters with EXPERIENCE

Do what is right for you. Remember, this is a free country and you are allowed to CHANGE your mind!!!!
    AMEN!

A Heart O' Texas Marine,
    ben

Thread Information