Force Recon, Navy SEALS - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Force Recon is absolutely the best at what they do, the Navy Seals are the best at what they do, Army Delta Force is the best at what they do. There is absolutely no question about that. What they all do is different yet similar operations. Only you, Seth, can choose which of the best you want to be, however, remember that ALL of these special operations persons are chosen from the best of the best, and if you aren't there you don't get considered. Being a wanna be isn't going to get you there, you aren't going to get there on your first enlistment either. They look for experience. There are many men who have tried to enter their ranks and have failed. Not because they weren't physically fit, but more likely because they weren't mentally prepared. These special operators go through training that makes bootcamp look like pre school. Their training is tough, so tough that anyone is allowed to dropout at any time and return to the ranks without question and without any repercussions. Only you can decide what you want to be, just be sure that you are amongst the best if you fail in your goal...

You really need to decide if you want to be in the Navy or Marine Corps first and make it through boot camp before you give any form of special operations a shot. If you join and make it through Navy Boot and become a candlestick maker, you can go try BUDS but when you don't make it, your stuck being a candlestick maker for the remainder of your enlistment. If you make it through my Marine Corps BootCamp, you earn the title Marine, which nobody can ever take away from you, and you will always be a basic riflemen and a warrior at heart. I am of course very biased but have been in training and on JTF's with various Seal Teams and while they are squared away, they don't hold a freakin' candle to Force Recon....ooofreakinrah!!!! Get some!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Camper51
    Force Recon is absolutely the best at what they do, the Navy Seals are the best at what they do, Army Delta Force is the best at what they do. There is absolutely no question about that. What they all do is different yet similar operations. Only you, Seth, can choose which of the best you want to be, however, remember that ALL of these special operations persons are chosen from the best of the best, and if you aren't there you don't get considered. Being a wanna be isn't going to get you there, you aren't going to get there on your first enlistment either. They look for experience. There are many men who have tried to enter their ranks and have failed. Not because they weren't physically fit, but more likely because they weren't mentally prepared. These special operators go through training that makes bootcamp look like pre school. Their training is tough, so tough that anyone is allowed to dropout at any time and return to the ranks without question and without any repercussions. Only you can decide what you want to be, just be sure that you are amongst the best if you fail in your goal...

Couldnt have said it better

Marine Free Member nativedevil2061's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I would like to thank all the DEVILDOGS who answered the clueless kid, but maybe our DEVIL-pups Should answer him. The DEVIL-pups will let him know why they are going to be MARINES, and who they think are the best of the best. Word of advice "Lost one" stop watching A&E and Discovery channel documentries.

Be careful about your attitude slick, there may be someone here watching who has something to say about whether you "make it" or not. As far as which one to pick, that is up to you. If you want to be in the navy slinging hash after you wash out of BUD/S, go for it. You can have the best can do attitude on the planet, that doesn't mean a training accident won't wash you out, or the instructors just decide that you don't have what it takes and decide to drop you. As far as becoming one of the best, in the Marine Corps, you have to earn all of it. You may make it into a Recon Bn, but then you MIGHT be given the opportunity to go Force after you have done 4 years in. So, yeah, Marines are the best on the planet. And dont mistake this as a dig on the SEALs, nothing but respect for all of them. You dont just get to be the best, you have to EARN IT!

Seth, I Would go join a Ranger Bn. If I was you. I heard those guys are SICK!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Being the Son of a US.ARMY SPECIAL FORCES lifer!I made the Choice of becoming a MARINE! I Earned my JUMP WING'S the hard way,in a class of 347,GREEN-BERET'S-RANGER'S,AIR FORCE PARA RESCUE;& SEALS.At FORT BENNING,they instantly made the MARINES (STICK LEADER'S) just us 5 MARINES on TDY,from 2d. FORCE!What an Honor.The life of a FORCE RECONNAISSANCE MARINE is Hell week for a Whole Career.We had a saying back then,SEALS are a lower form of MARINE life~lmao!!!(LONG LIVE FORCE)

Hey FIST, When were you with 2d Force??

Just remember that if you join the Navy and go through basic training, and then you want to join the Marines, you will have to go through Boot camp.

If you join the Marines then decide you want to go Navy, no basic training. EVERY recruit goes through boot camp in the Corps (if you are enlisted) but former Marines do NOT go through basic for any other service.

Tis a priviledge and proof that the Marines do their job right and are the best, in my opinion...

I am forced to think about Major Bruce Norton when I think about this issue more. The man was a Corpsman with Force in Vietnam- and became a patrol leader without being a Marine. After the war, he went to college and went on with life. This former Sailor then decided he wanted back in the military. He didn't decide to go become a Navy Seal officer, he became a Marine officer. He clearly knew where he wanted to be, and he had a chance to see both sides of the coin while he was enlisted. (He also wrote some pretty dang good books.)

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    YO~FROG,I STARTED DOING PULLUP'S FROM THE TOP OF THE WATERTOWER AT CAMP GEIGER;WITH 2d.FORCE IN MAY OF 1968!HOW A'BOUT YOU?

Outstanding. Never did a pull up from the water tower, but I have been on top of it. Glad to know that it has a colorful history.

You say you want to be the best. "United States Marine Corps". There is your answer. No question about it, no doubt. You obviously don't know because you're not a Marine. It's ok. It's the branding of the Eagle, Globe and Anchor in our heart that no one could ever possibly know or understand to the fullest extent of what it is to be a United States Marine and what's behind the title unless you've really earned the title yourself. We are the best at who we are and what we do. Being a Marine isn't just a label we wear or a title we claim, it's also a way of life. A pride that we carry from the moment we become Marines, to our grave; something that all Marines exemplify and has done/carried out over the years and continue to do so. Whether we're active duty, reserve, retired and out of the Corps, in uniform or not, WE ARE MARINES FOREVER.

Yes earning the title United States Marine is something beyond special; you want to take it another level, suck it the hell up and put out everything you have and then some and earn the title Recon Marine. I have mad respect for SEALs, but as for Recon, we're just a whole other breed and level. You think you have what it takes, you want the best, you tell it to the Marines.

Semper Fi

1fr

roger that FIST. I didnt get in the water till 90.

S/F brother

Thread Information