Prior Active Duty Marine, age limit on re-entry - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I started the process in November and didnt swear in until August. It took ages. Stay motivated and stay with it. It was worth it for me. I had to call the SNCOIC several times to get the ball rolling.

sorry to hear sgt leprecaun

so at age 42 you can still enter the reserves? you must of had 12 years active duty. see I dont want to do that. come out of the active army to wait a year or two to get in the marine reserves. it will be lost time for retirement. too bad you cant put in the packet when you have a year left in the service.

enlistment help

I am a 34 year old former marine with 4 years of active duty and a honorable discharge in 1995 and want to join the marine reserves in maryland . I have sent away for my OMPf. Can I do anything to get the process going while I wait for my records? Also what are the chances of this getting approved? I am trying to avoid going to a national guard unit, but from what I hear that might be my only choice.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    The chances are very good. Have you called your prior service recruiter, Sgt. Richardson yet? What is your MOS?

just get your dd214

You said you are waiting on your docs from OMPF but do you have a login account that can access those docs or you waiting for the microfiche to arrive? also, do you have your dd 214 that you can show to the recruiter? See with the Marine reserves you mostly have to be in the combat arms to find slots since other MOSes are usually hard to find within certain states that is why the Guard or Army Reserves is more easier to re-enlist for prior service Marines

Also, and I'll tell you this up front, be prepared to wait. And wait. And wait. I'm still waiting, even though my packet was submitted in November. This, I am told, is typical for PS wanting to re-enlist into the reserves.

enlistment help

Thanks, yes I talked to a Sgt. Richardson and he said call him back when I get my records and we would get started. I also talked to a SSgt. Rodriquez out of D.C. I believe, he is supposed to have another recruiter contact me this week. I was an 0311 with 1st. L.A.R. when I ended my first enlistment.

I have a copy of DD-214 but was told to get my OMPF. Anyways thanks for the advice, I am willing to wait just worried that my age is getting close to where I would need a waiver for age also. If you have any other advice that has not already been posted please pass it on

Not sure about a log in account. A marine I work with said that since I got out in 1995 I would have to mail away for it.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    yes you mail away for your SRB. It takes a couple of weeks to get it. The whole process can take up to 6 months. At least it did in my case.

PS. dont mess with the national guard. Just be patient.

Broken Service Selective Reenlistment

Try to make this quick. I am a former active duty marine. I was discharged medically with a left knee patellar sublextation. Damn Deck Ape Docs. Anyways never had surgery.
    Currently a police officer and want back in. My reenlistment code is a RE3P.
    I am in excellent physical condition and can get civilian docs to back it up. What do you think my chances are at getting back in active with my rank of sergeant?

Semper Fi
    Trax

Quote Originally Posted by traxrj
    Try to make this quick. I am a former active duty marine. I was discharged medically with a left knee patellar sublextation. Damn Deck Ape Docs. Anyways never had surgery.
    I am in excellent physical condition and can get civilian docs to back it up. What do you think my chances are at getting back in active with my rank of sergeant?

Semper Fi
    Trax
    Same boat as you but had 3 surgeries, 2 while in and 1 out. I was told as you can prove your fit medically and run a PFT, you should be good to go.

I got 100 crunches ( beats the old 80 sit ups..lol) and 5 pull ups ( down 10) but lost 30 lbs recently but still can't run yet.

Trax, good luck getting back in.

S/F,
    CEYA!
    81s

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by traxrj

Semper Fi
    Trax
    You will have to pass meps again. You should call your local recruiter. They have to make sure your MOS is available etc. When did you get out? Keeping your rank is no problem. You will lose your time in grade as i did.

i was a 6227 FA18 aircraft mech. i am not worried about passing meps since i passed it for the naval reserves. i have contacted my local recruiter and he told me i need to locate my medical records. i have located them but the VA has told me it could take up to two months. Thanks for the advise and semper fi

want back in

Hello Gents - 1st time to post here. What chances do I have getting back in at 36? Will be 37 this Sept.

I served 5 years from 90-95 and left as a seargent. MOS 2171 electro-optics (TOW tech). My school was nearly 11 months long. 9 months at MCLB Albany and 2 at Aberdeen with the doggies. One of the longer schools we have.

I'm single, 5'9" / 165lbs and in good shape. I can run 3 miles in 22 min and get 20/80. I regret getting out. Would be closing in on my 20 now if I had stayed in... I miss the camaraderie, being surounded with dedicated like-minded Marines. I want to be part of something again and help with the war against terror. You know what I'm talking about.

Would appreciate any help & your thoughts. Semper Fi

rentry!!

Hey, Your best bet is to contact your local recruiter and he can get headed in the right direction,, I have a buddy who is a Msgt and He is incharge of our local Marine Corps Recruiting station and He told me He handles all of the reenlist in our area, so give it a shot, If not go to the Official USMC web site and it will have a link about recruiting,, It will open up and it will have Prior Service, click that and it will tell you who to contact in your area,,,, GOOD LUCK DEVIL DOG<<<< AND AS ALWAYS SEMPER FI!!!!!

Official home page;
    http://http://www.usmc.mil/marinelin...epage?readform
    Joe Hurlburt Sr.

Thread Information