Prior Active Duty Marine, age limit on re-entry - Page 11
Create Post
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    Marine Free Member Kenneth Havelka's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    Stay with the Guard,you'll be able to retire.I don't think you'll get back into the Corps.Good luck.

Need some guidance...

I am a prior Marine Sergeant, served 2004-2013. I just turned 30, and I have always felt the pull to get back in the Marine Corps. I have an RE-3O for choosing to EAS instead of take my recruiting orders, and I have a good amount of medical paperwork for two hernia surgeries. I have two questions: 1) Can I get my RE-3O changed to an RE-1A? And 2) I left as a Sergeant with 9 years time in service, will I go back in as an E5 or be reduced in rank? Thank you for your time. It feels good to be around Marines again, even if it is online!

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Youngwarrior View Post
    I am a prior Marine Sergeant, served 2004-2013. I just turned 30, and I have always felt the pull to get back in the Marine Corps. I have an RE-3O for choosing to EAS instead of take my recruiting orders, and I have a good amount of medical paperwork for two hernia surgeries. I have two questions: 1) Can I get my RE-3O changed to an RE-1A? And 2) I left as a Sergeant with 9 years time in service, will I go back in as an E5 or be reduced in rank? Thank you for your time. It feels good to be around Marines again, even if it is online!
    why not start your own thread?....you just dug up one from 3 years ago and hijacked it.

you may be able to get back in with the reserves, not active

1) cant answer

2) no, you would be brought back as an E4. And just some FYI, PME requirements have completely changed recently so picking up E5/Sgt again will be pretty difficult

Quote Originally Posted by josephd View Post
    why not start your own thread?....you just dug up one from 3 years ago and hijacked it.

you may be able to get back in with the reserves, not active

1) cant answer

2) no, you would be brought back as an E4. And just some FYI, PME requirements have completely changed recently so picking up E5/Sgt again will be pretty difficult
    Why do you say he will be reduced in rank? Is this for everyone returning to AD and the reserves as a Sgt?

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by devilbones2 View Post
    Why do you say he will be reduced in rank? Is this for everyone returning to AD and the reserves as a Sgt?
    reserves or active, if you've been out for more than 2 years(unless its changed recently) they reduce you in rank.

you don't get reduced if you're a SNCO

New Thread

Sorry about that...Not trying to hijack anything. Thanks, I'll start my own.

I have been out since 97 active duty I am now 46 am I eligible serve as a reservist

Thread Information