Prior Active Duty Marine, age limit on re-entry - Page 7
Create Post
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    Thats it. I don't need anything from my SRB? Quantico sent me a CD with all kind of stuff on it.

Your re-enlistment

Quote Originally Posted by HarleyMustang View Post
    I know this has probably been asked before, I heard the maximum age is 32?? But can it be higher depending on how many years you were in before? I am currently 33, and I have 8 years of active service, I got out as an E-5. Just looking into the possiblity of coming back in but I need to know if I even can.

Thanks,

Patrick
    I am pretty sure you will make it. I am trying myself. Don't really want to go Army.

Nate

Quote Originally Posted by Marine4531 View Post
    I am pretty sure you will make it. I am trying myself. Don't really want to go Army.

Nate

You do realize that the original post you quoted was dated 09-14-06, 10:27 PM, and that that person hasn't been back on the boards since........
    Last Activity: 09-20-06 12:28 PM

Yeah, I do now. I just signed up for this web-site yesterday. Give me a break!
    So do you know anyone getting in at 38 years of age with 6 years active duty service?
    I sure would like to get back in. Things financially have finally worked out for me where I can come back in without reserve. Thanks, for the info. Simper Fi

You are correct. It is more than just a job. I am looking to get back in myself at 38 with 6 years service under the belt. I hope that I can. I have already been to MEPS as I have been told I was too old for the Marines. The Army said yes. I am hoping though before its to late I can change this. I have not sworn in yet. Do you have any info that could help me out?
    Thanks,
    Nate

You are correct. It is more than just a job. I am looking to get back in myself at 38 with 6 years service under the belt. I hope that I can. I have already been to MEPS as I have been told I was too old for the Marines. The Army said yes. I am hoping though before its to late I can change this. I have not sworn in yet. Do you have any info that could help me out?
    Thanks,
    Nate
    You will need an off-contract waiver and Age waiver so far. Are you wanting AD or Reserves?

Quote Originally Posted by Supersquishy View Post
    You will need an off-contract waiver and Age waiver so far. Are you wanting AD or Reserves?
    I am looking to go Active. I want to make the Marine Corps my career. I was a 6014 F-4 jet engine mech. They phased the F-4 out 6 months after I enlisted and went to the F-18. After 3 years working on the Visiting Aircraft Line in Beaufort S.C. I got orders to go down the street to Parris Island and work as a PMI witch at the time did not have an MOS attached to it. I did that for 3 years until my EAS. Clint was in office working military cut backs and the Career Jammer gave me the option of Field Wire-man or Public Affairs Officer. I had no interest in either and asked to go infantry. I was told the only choice I had were these two or get out. So guess what I did. I was 25 and stupid knowing what I know now I would have taken anything. I really have missed the Corps. So do you think it is possible to get in?
    Nate

I really have missed the Corps. So do you think it is possible to get in?
    Nate
    Holy Cow an F-4??? Start calling you Gramps....JUST KIDDING!!!!
    The only people that will know is the Recruiter, if you don't get the answer you want go find another Recruiter in a different area until you do. BTW your constructive age is 32, I think the cut off is 28 for AD and 29 for Reserve thats why you need an age waiver, so in their eyes your only 32!

Mmmmm......while your 'constructive' age is your AD time minus your real age, you may still be 'over' the age limit. Contact an AD recruiter ASAP and run with it from there. But, honestly, your chances are going to be an uphill battle.

Recruiting Question

Hello, this is a great thread.

I am ex-Army (Iraq war vet), and I was discharged in December of 2005, Honorably.

I am looking to Join the Marine Corps, and start a new life as a true warrior. The Army National Guard was full of fat, old men looking forward to cushy retirement, I am still young and interested only in Action and Combat.

My interest in joining has run into two VERY LARGE speedbumps, and I need some help from my soon-to-be battle brothers in getting over them.

1. In this past Army life I was a Christian, and an administrator. After 10 or so months in the sandbox, I left as a real-life Conscientious Objector...yet still with an honorable discharge. I am no longer a Christian, and am ready to kill on command, but I have a re-enlistment code of "3".

2. I saw a Psychiatrist briefly at the V.A. about some personal issues, and he put me on some medication. I can now furnish a clean bill of health if need be.

I talked with a recruiter already, and he said I can only join with one waiver, not two. But frankly he seemed a bit inexperienced, and I am well-versed in Military paperwork enough to know that there is a way around anything for someone dedicated and motivated enough.

Points in my favor: I am in great physical condition, I was an E-4 when I left the Army, I have 3 Associates Degrees with 93 college credits.

I want to join to fight alongside the very best. Semper-Fi, Essayons.

Help.

artwallis@gmail.com

My question is that I am 50, spent over 5 years active service, got out with a RE-1A Honorable in 1983, got out with an honorable completely in 1988. What is the age cut-off for (shudder) National Guard?

You *might* just make it. The basic regulation is that you have to be able to get '20' in prior to reaching age 60. With a 'minus' 4 years of AD you may squeak under the line.

Go talk to a recruiter TOMORROW if you are serious.

Quote Originally Posted by jahead613 View Post
    My question is that I am 50, spent over 5 years active service, got out with a RE-1A Honorable in 1983, got out with an honorable completely in 1988. What is the age cut-off for (shudder) National Guard?
    Depends on the state, some it's 35 others it's 42. Sorry but your constructive age is 45, I don't see you getting in.

I didn't think so either, but when I did some quick research, it would appear that as long as you can make '20' by age 60.....they'll take you.

BUT, if you have something that says otherwise, by all means I'd like to know myself.

From AR 601-210 CH 3-3 Age for prior service

a.
    An applicant is eligible for RA enlistment if applicant’s age, when subtracting prior honorable active service
    completed in any military service, is not more than 42 and the applicant can qualify for regular retirement with 20 or

more years of active Federal service by age 62.

Thread Information