Prior Active Duty Marine, age limit on re-entry - Page 10
Create Post
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    I been out of the Marines since 2002. I also have prior service in the Air Force. I was thinking about rejoining my beloved Corps but I'm thinking I have went over the age limit. I'm 38 now and will be 39 next month. Just wondering if it's still possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun View Post
    Crossfit, you'll basically need to see an active duty recruiter when you come home. If you haven't done so already.

Paul, the max 35 age doesn't apply to Marines. Not sure where you saw that at, could you provide a link?

They do waiver non prior service in beyond the max age.

When I was at Fuji , I had a 5811 check in he was 32 on active duty.

If you and your recruiter are motivated is willing to fight to get you in, anything can happen.

S/F,
    CEYA!

Quote Originally Posted by Ceya View Post
    They do waiver non prior service in beyond the max age.

When I was at Fuji , I had a 5811 check in he was 32 on active duty.

If you and your recruiter are motivated is willing to fight to get you in, anything can happen.

S/F,
    CEYA!

OK,I will give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by silverdollar View Post
    OK,I will give it a try.
    Wish you luck..LOL

S/F,
    CEya!

I recently applied for reenlistment in the reserves. I am 45 with approximately 16 total years of service. However, the recruiter had my age at 34. Does active and reserve time compute differently?

Signed my paperwork yesterday.

Easy/quick answer is 'Yes'. It's a formula they use.

Biggest issue for you (and no doubt the recruiter mentioned it...) is can you get a 1st Class PFT, like, tomorrow? That will be a factor...or, perhaps I should say it used to be.

The recruiter only has the documen ts that are available. Ultimately hqmc will request all recirds from archives, and rechecks recruiter math. Whatever comes back on the approvak is in stone.

Did some research. Total credible service is used to compute age, regardless if it is active or reserve.
    1st class is not a problem.

Having HQMC recheck math will work. Sounds like you know something about this JEEPINGUY.

Yeah, I should have directed you to HIM. He's a PSR.

What are my options? Thanks Marines.

I'm a prior service Marine. 05-09 Iraqi Freedom! It's been 3 long years, but I can't get away from the feeling of pride and commraderie I felt while I was in. I'm going to college in May this year, but I am trying to figure out a way to do both. I'm 29 years old. I'm wanting to know exactly what are my options for the reserves while in school full time.

Also what exact days do drills take place. I can't miss school. In this school, it's more difficult to miss time than others, since it's medical. Will I have to miss Fridays or Monday mornings ever? If so is it Friday nights?

Is it possible to study at any point in time on a drill weekend? Also is it a law that the school allow you time to drill? What are some tips to take with me when talking to the PSR? Thanks for any advice you can give me.

John Carroll Cpl, USMC

Was wanting to know if eligable to get back in? Been out since Dec 98, did 3yrs 10mth 9days, currently 35? Really miss the Corps life and its messed up normal life! Also if I am would anyone know who would be a good contact in Dallas area?

prior service, wanting to go back in, searching for answers

Hello,
    I am prior service, Marine Corps Mos-3043 Supply Admin. End of contract was in Mar2011, left with Sgt rank. 25 yrs old.

I've been looking into going back in. But I wanted to see what options I have so I have spoken with the Navy and the Air Force so far. I am finding out that it is difficult to go back in. Prior Service doesn't help the recruiter's get points so they aren't as helpful as if I was fresh blood. I haven't gotten a chance to speak with a Marine Corps recruiter,yet. But I wanted to know if anyone knows, will I have to go back in with the same mos? What if I don't get the score needed on the ASVAB for that mos? If I have my bachelor's degree and want to go officer side do I have to talk to a certain recruiter, for example an officer recruiter or prior service recruiter how does that work?

Allright, I just turned 50 and got out of my Marine Corps back in 1989 after 4 years of active duty. I was an 0341 (81mm Motor Man) with Wpns Co 1/6 2nd Mar Div. I held the rank of LCPL E-3.

I also served in the ARNG from Dec '90 - June '96.

As I understand it, I am too old to get back into my beloved Corps. Am I right?

Thread Information