A Great Day To Be A Member
Create Post
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Thumbs up A Great Day To Be A Member

Today is what I call a red letter day as a Marine and member of Leatherneck.com. The following congratulations are in order for Pfc Kaydra Michaels (PooleeMichael) and Pvt James Koch (Jimmyk) as they officially earned the title of United States Marine today. They both were good contributing members to the recruit forums and have made me proud. OORAH!!!

(LEADEROFMARINES) Sergeant Monique Morales formerly (THATFEMALE) was promoted to her present rank at MCB Camp Pendleton. She has made me so proud watching her rise from a Marine to the higher non commissioned officer ranks. She has been a mentor to our pups on the recruit forums as well as an inspiration. Congratulations Sergeant of Marines! OORAH!!!

And lastly today I received a a gift that I will cherish forever from a recruit forums member in Belgium (gus). He sent me a baggie of earth from the ground at Belleau Wood where 2,289 of our brothers are buried where the fell in WWI. Thank you Robin this will be displayed in a place of honor next to my black sand from Iwo Jima.

Its a wonderful day to be a Marine!

Jim

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    It was a pleasure to send you that jim. Belleau wood is a very impressive place and the cemetary is very moving. Like that you have a part of ground which your brothers fight and some died for the freedom of europe and in a way mine. I m very happy that you love the gift. I put some photo i take there for everybody.
    The cemetery enter

Marines memorial

old trench in the wood.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Remember Belleau Wood

All gave some and some gave all! Rest in peace brothers you are never forgotten.

Photos sometimes speak louder than words.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Sgt Morales, PFC Michaels and Pvt Koch are our inheritors of the Corps' Legacy. They are ones now charged with keeping the faith and traditions of our second to none fighting force.

Only a Marine could cherish a bit of dirt where his foregoers fought, bled and became legend.

So Morales, Michaels, and Koch, you've stepped up from our great melting pot and we expect you to bear true faith and allegiance to our United States Marine Corps!

Semper Fi!

Quote Originally Posted by yellowwing
    Sgt Morales, PFC Michaels and Pvt Koch are our inheritors of the Corps' Legacy. They are ones now charged with keeping the faith and traditions of our second to none fighting force.

Only a Marine could cherish a bit of dirt where his foregoers fought, bled and became legend.

So Morales, Michaels, and Koch, you've stepped up from our great melting pot and we expect you to bear true faith and allegiance to our United States Marine Corps!

Semper Fi!

No better way of saying it all! I agree!!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Wow!

Congrats to my PFC and PVT. Welcome to the greatest "Brotherhood" in the world! Give it all you can and in turn, the Corp will do the same for you. Ever heard the saying," It's what you make of it?" Well I made the Corp my everything and in return it has blessed me in ways I never imagined! OORAH! Ssgt Nelson I love you so much. You were one of the first members I mean't when I came onto this site as a nasty little lance. You along with alot of the other members play such and important role in my life. I love this site because I get to connect with MARINES from all eras. I truly cannot imagine life without my "Team MARINE" here! Thank you to all my MARINES who gave me doses of knowledge daily. I wear this rank for you and I hope to do it justice and make you proud. Semper Fidelis and God Bless.

c

Thread Information