Futures .. Updates - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Registered User Free Member leroy8541's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Wink

Well done pup 16yrs old and you are already picking up the lingo, good job you are doing your homework, did you have to think about it or is it getting natural allready?

What, the lingo? I have to revert back to my native tongue, Civilian, in order to communicate with my family.

When you spend enough time lurking at forums and sites like this, and hanging out with Marines offline, it's really hard to NOT pick up the lingo.

hey dawn, i posted some stuff on your other thread, don't know if you saw it or not...by the way, shipping out oct 13; and your run much quicker than mine: 16:13 was my last run! I really suck running long distance, and i'm in track! isn't that weird!?

By the way, nicely put pup!

Credits
    Savings

Talking

Keep at it guys, we (Old Salts) are just jelous because we cant go do it again, we have experienced the rush your feeling at putting your name in to join the Corps, so onward and upward , and when your in boot, it might help to think back to some of us and what was said, and think to yourself, Ill show those S.O.B. s , Ill be better than all of them, it might help you thru the hard spots, of which there will be plenty, the way i made it, was to git so pi**ed off at the D.I. and tell myself that no way was that sob going to beat me, it worked, so think back to these words, and use them. Good Luck to all of you.

Thank you, Sgt. From the sea stories I've heard, I get the idea that I'll be using those words myself.

I'm one of those perverts who is actually motivated by seeing shows about Marine Corps Boot Camp. All the yelling, the inevitible showing of the gas chamber, the yelling, the Pit, the yelling, the Quarterdeck, the yelling... it motivates me! I know it'll be entirely different when it's me getting yelled at, gassed, and Quarterdecked, but I do hope I still find it basically motivating. It never fails that those docudramas always show a glimpse of graduation, and it also never fails that my eyes always sweat at the glimpse of what I hope will be mine someday. Even though I don't know the new Marines, and in some cases, I've seen that footage over and over. My eyes sweat with pride for them, and jealousy for me. Doesn't matter, though. They served their time in Hell, and hopefully in about a year and a half, we'll see that I can hack it, too.

Registered User Free Member ktriplett's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    With only three months remaining before I leave for boot camp, seeing videos and documentaries like that always motivate me as well. I can hardly wait until i leave. Watching the DI yelling and the recruits PTing, it always makes me smile because in just a few weeks from now, I'll have that honor. I know it will be difficult, and I expect it, but I look forward to it.
    I met a WW2 veteran a couple of days ago in a pet store. I was wearing a Marines t-shirt because i had just come from the poolee function, and he approached me. We started talking and ended up going to lunch, where he told me stories about his time in the Corps during the war and really motivated me. I can't wait to take my place, and do my part. I only hope that I live up to the examples of men and women such as this.

Thread Information