Female Poolees/Marines: Hair?and Shipdate?
Create Post
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Female Poolees/Marines: Hair?and Shipdate?

Hey there. I was just wondering if short hair or long hair is better for boot camp??? Also is anyone else shipping out to the Island January 8th? Thanks guys!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Mine was short - was easier to deal with, you don't have too much freakin time to be trying to do stuff with your hair. Some girls do keep their hair long and can handle it.................it just depnds on whether you want to fool with it or not.

And good luck with your quest to earn the Title.

Kaydra chopped hers off...though now she's determined to grow it out now that she's through boot

Good luck Kid! and thanks for your enlisting

I had just started growing mine out about a year before boot. I cut mine off because it was easier. I sure was thankful too!! Other girls were spending all their spare time trying to wash hair and keep it up with braiding and stuff. I was able to concentrate my efforts on what I needed to learn in boot and then grew it back afterwards. Having had long hair and short hair ... short is definately the way to go for boot.

A little off the top please . . .

I heard horror stories before I came in about pools showing up with high and tights and getting mauled. We were "bullets" up to grad day. The last laugh wasn't ours.

oops

I just realized this was a female question for other females. On top of things as always!

I cut most of mine off before I left for PI... It was easier to deal with but you have to keep up with it while you're there... Make sure if you do cut it to make sure it's something neat and feminine... But if you dont cut it off... I would suggest getting use to wearing it up in a bun and make sure it is neat and tight... we had girls who had to cut their hair because they woldnt make it stay up... Anyway... There is my 2 cents... Stay moto!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Msguidedchld - that was too funny - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! It's OK, you're a Marine, sometimes we throw our 2 cents in whether somebody asks for it or not.

I cut mine short before I went to boot camp. I was glad I did. I did grow it out later on. Believe me if you have long hair you better get it up and keep it there or Drill Instructors will be all over you. It is defintely a hassle you don't need.

Thread Information