8th and 1 washington dc MARINES
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

8th and 1 washington dc MARINES

HELLO LOOKING FOR ANY BCO THRID HERD MARINES 89-91 PLEASE GET BACK WITH ME TRYING TO FIND SOME VIDIO OF ANY PARADES EITHER AT BARRACKS OR IWO JIMA TERRELM69@YAHOO.COM OR HEAR FROM YOU ON THIS WEBSITE CHECK OUT MY PROFILE IF NEEDED

How's it going Reginald?

I was in A co. 2nd plt from 91-95. I had some buddies from SOI in Bravo, though. Not sure if you would have known them, since we got there Dec. of 91 you were probably rotating to the fleet.

I can check with my parents to see if they might have a video. I know that they DID have one, but I'm not sure if it got lost in any of their moves.

It's good to see a fellow 8th and I Marine on here. Quick question, what was the name of the Barracks rat that always called the quaterdeck phone (every deck phone)? Was it the bag lady? Shopping cart lady? I can't remember. I wonder if she's still calling. What I DO remember was that Mr. Yee's wife was SMOKIN'. Yeah, remember her?

Semper Fi

I think that was the bag lady. She use to call the color guard deck all the time.

Cantrell

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I was there from Feb 92-Nov 94 in the guard detachment. That barracks rat used to call our phone too on the port side 5th deck. There was also another one named liz sullivan.

Cantrell,
    were you there while Color Sergent Keck was there? I believe one of the "flag pole" was named McKinney also. I remember having to pitch in for Chesty's (the bulldog) headstone.
    Either of you two there for that as well?

Schwinden

I was there when Sgt. Keck was there. Ever notice why Color Guard always had good PT scores. Yeah McKinney was there when I left the barracks in 93.

Cantrell

So you were same generation as Jervis and McDonald from 2nd plt. I just read my first post, I got there in dec of 91 and left dec of 93. I was buddies with Chuck Caldwell from the Color Guard, he left the barracks a little early (I don't want to air dirty laundry, LOL).

So how often do you find yourself explaining what exactly happened with the Drill Team when talking about the Hell Night ordeal? It depends on who I'm talking to but most people remember it.

Did you know that Peter Pace (our Colonal now General) is on the Joint Chiefs? That blew me away when I first saw it. I thought that Hell Night might have hindered his career.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Do you remember a marine named Buell who blew the whistle on that whole thing. Something about edge dressing...

Buell's partner in crime, Mathews, ended up in my room for 2 or 3 weeks during the out-processing. They went gay bashing, and ended up beating a guy to a pulp, a guy who was a senators aid.

What a couple of works those two were. As Gunny "can't remember his name" (Farley? don't think so. Think it starts with an 'H') would say... A Couple of S---Birds!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I remember the gay bashing incident. If you'll recall they starting protesting in front of the gates for awhile. Buell ended up in weeds and seeds or band movers or something like that before he got out.

Thanks Devildog If You Do Please Feel Free To Call Me I Really Need One It Does Not Matter What Year Just Something To Show My Family All Mines Was Destroyed In Hurricane Katrina 251-533-3220 THATS THE ONE AT BARRACKS OR IWO JIMA IT DOES NOT MATTER

THANKS

I remeber a gay and lesbian parade infront of our barracks on a friday night. that may have been in 1990 or 1991. Shut the whole damn barracks down. ended up a couple guys from A co. getting ahold of a guy coming out of Remmingtons bar. I have some pictures from when I was there. What I really want is a video of the NCO sunset parade in 1992. I may be going to DC in may of next year, want to see how things have changed there.

Cantrell

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I was just there this summer. It has changed very little other than there is now parking with a Marine guard under the freeway over pass. The chow hall has also been changed as well as the PX.

I got to march in the Guide position at the NCO Sunset Parade in 1993. It was a big deal in our platoon, because I was the midget standing at 5'10 and marching at position 1-8. Boy, for a few minutes there, I felt like the tallest guy on the planet... then I got on the bus with the color guard, and felt like a midget again. LOL

You guys must be all from the new barracks? That wasnt even dreamt of back in the old days. And as far as gay bashing goes.that bar just north of the barracks on 8th st back in business?..Damn thought we closed that for good one night. there wasnt a bottle left not broken., chair not broken or gay still standing when we left.

Thread Information