question about turret
Create Post

question about turret

Hey Marines i've been on some sites and searching for a answer on how to charge up the turret on both maxpro (mrap) and on MATV. If you want to pm me the process we tried connecting the cord but do not know what to do once it is connected. Just so you know I'm in afghanistan so it's not like i can take it to motor t. Thanks and Semper Fi

You have to give it time to charge...also check to make sure it is on and/or the brake thing isn't on.

If all else fails, you can use the hand crank thing like in MRAPs and humvees.

Thanks Sgt. The crank is what i've been usuing and also just pushing the little 'L' lever down so that i can muscle it, but since things are starting to heat up around here, I wanted to charge it so it could be faster to turn in case of emergency.

By the brake do you mean the "L" lever that changes the turret to manual when pushed into neutral, OR the red button that turns it on/off when you pull/push it?

I take it that you are OJT on this. Don't you have a NCO/SNCO who knows about this.

Negitive GySgt we are 0311's and comm put together and noone has had to do this before. Yes OJT and incountry licenses. Hmmv license but the MRAP course i was suppose to go to got canceled since it was the week that we deployed out here. There's not even TA manuel in it

problem resolved seemed the prongs inside the joystick connect happen to be loose/broken. Thanks for looking and the advice

Quote Originally Posted by boxinggsxr View Post
    problem resolved seemed the prongs inside the joystick connect happen to be loose/broken. Thanks for looking and the advice
    I think that it is a shame that the Marine Corps put you in such a situation in the first place. There should have been, at the very least, someone that knew how to repair this.

Good job boxinggxr.

Stay safe and Semper Fi.

Thank you GySgt, I was telling my dad (Ret MSgt) about this and a few other safety violations but i guess thats the way it goes sometimes. This deployment is going to be very interesting

Thread Information