Poolees/Infantry MOS/.....Girlfriends? - Page 6
Create Post
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by poolee18
    dude if she cant be supportive forget it you dont need that before you go bootcamp im in dep and leaving 20070709 and i dont have a girlfriend and i dont plan to have one until a few yrs later

chris
    Depends if she is the dream of his life. For some, love is more hard to come by, so you cannot necessarily tell. I have done dragonboat racing, so I am aware of teamwork. It is the same. Many a times, there were dedicated people who gave up on their team mates finding love. How many gangs give up on their crew for a woman? More often than not, it isn't that people are 2 faced or anything. They simply DO NOT KNOW THEMSELVES ENOUGH and only see it when they cross they cross that bridge!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by killerinstinct
    But at least get to sample some other parts of the world.
    After all..................variety IS the spice of life!

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Marine84
    After all..................variety IS the spice of life!
    he's got a point there you really cant experience girls until after high school

From the female side

Girls always like it when a guy really loves them, and the bond is strong, but i believe your g/f or b/f. (this is in general to everyone) should truly be supportive of what you're going for. They should represent the civilian side of who you are, Supportive of the corps, and proud as H*LL! If she is all of these and a ball of wax, try and keep her. It should be worth it! I'm a female and I'm enlisting so i that's my expectations for both sides.

Peace

Alyssa

Tell her you'll be back in a few years and if she's still looking decent you might call.

If she is stressing out then that is normal. I have been though my share of relationships in my 4 years of being in the Marines. It is anixity on her part of you become a grunt (infantry) you will spend about 7 months in Iraq so make sure she is prepared for that sort time apart and if she messes around tell her good bye and find the next one. Semper

Thread Information