Poolees/Infantry MOS/.....Girlfriends? - Page 5
Create Post
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    You don't even know me, how on earth could you possibly know what I was thinking about joining?

I dont, That is true, I saw an infantry Mos topic so I assume that you want to do infantry I was kidding around too. Calm down motivator

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

my $0.02

nevermind helps if I read deeper than the fist page lol

my fiance is in bootcamp and we seriously thought of breaking up before he went in because it would be hard for both of us... currently he is half way done with bootcamp and neither him nor i could be happier with our relationship. We are closer now than ever before, so, if you really do love this girl, and think she's worth it... i would say stick it out... play it day to day and ride with it.. you never know how you will feel once you get there.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by His_angel
    Then I'd guess they spend a lot of time apart.
    That at least is not bad as the other way around. What about a Marine that marries a civilan man?

Assuming the Marine was a female, it isn't much different than a male Marine marrying a civilian woman. The job doesn't change based on the 'fun parts' God gave you.

Credits
    Savings
    Got the same problem, but she supports me of my decisions. She knows i switched to active duty just not what job. I havent told her i went Infantry. Been 3 months since i switched to active dutry. And we have been together for come up 8 months. She actualy asked me to marry her. And she has another year of high school left. Not sure what to tell her. Told her, id have to think about it. I like this girl alot, but since im not married its the All about the Corps

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Asking to get married after only 8 months.. scary..

Credits
    Savings
    What i thought

uh back to that one dude, if I was deployed with him I wouln't want him thinking about some girl in a hostile checkpoint when the **** hits the fan. Not to mention worrying about ol' Jodie boy messin around.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by CJA
    Asking to get married after only 8 months.. scary..
    If you marry her at such a young age, would she be able to handle the fact that you gotta be there for the man next to you in infantry that you chose? 0311 being a newlywed, yikes! Semper Fedelis to your wife is what you gotta have, and for you coming child. Single men of your age are appropriate for 0311 who can watch each other's back and actually die for the corps. Being a father, you will hesitate those bayonet charges and charges that require Marines to post the flag in battle situations like Iwo Jima being shot at coming up the beach being exposed to machine guns. (See Flag of Our Fathers). I don't know, but if I had 0311 as an MOS I would want to know that the guy next to me was going to cover me, so I'd hope I cam before family and stuff. I would want to be in Bachelor Company with someone who got no family but the corps.

It is not just you. You got to think if it is fair to the man next to you to have you take priority of your wife to be over the corps.

Quote Originally Posted by maysoon
    If you marry her at such a young age, would she be able to handle the fact that you gotta be there for the man next to you in infantry that you chose? 0311 being a newlywed, yikes! Semper Fedelis to your wife is what you gotta have, and for you coming child. Single men of your age are appropriate for 0311 who can watch each other's back and actually die for the corps. Being a father, you will hesitate those bayonet charges and charges that require Marines to post the flag in battle situations like Iwo Jima being shot at coming up the beach being exposed to machine guns. (See Flag of Our Fathers). I don't know, but if I had 0311 as an MOS I would want to know that the guy next to me was going to cover me, so I'd hope I cam before family and stuff. I would want to be in Bachelor Company with someone who got no family but the corps.

It is not just you. You got to think if it is fair to the man next to you to have you take priority of your wife to be over the corps.
    You know you have just got to stop your condescending attitude to those that are actually doing this, been there and done that.

Bayonet charge.....oooraahhh wtf century are you living in missy?

There are numerous Marine Men that are married, even those in the infantry too. You claim to be a woman, so please quit commenting like you are a man.

There are enough problems for a lot of the MEN and WOMEN MARINES here looking for decent honest advice not to have to deal with your attitude.

Yup such is the case a woman wants to have kids and men want to make them.. makes deployments hard. Some of my friends who loved their wives and kids still spread their genes around the world ( i'm sure their wives did as well).. It's hard but just let it take it's course cuz you never know she might be there till the end. But at least get to sample some other parts of the world.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    dude if she cant be supportive forget it you dont need that before you go bootcamp im in dep and leaving 20070709 and i dont have a girlfriend and i dont plan to have one until a few yrs later

chris

Quote Originally Posted by Motorola07
    Got the same problem, but she supports me of my decisions. She knows i switched to active duty just not what job. I havent told her i went Infantry. Been 3 months since i switched to active dutry. And we have been together for come up 8 months. She actualy asked me to marry her. And she has another year of high school left. Not sure what to tell her. Told her, id have to think about it. I like this girl alot, but since im not married its the All about the Corps
    Negative don't marry her and i am ****ing serious here poolie. That **** never works out. As for the girl my left me in boot, but the DI helped me for get that dam quick

Thread Information