Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four_Bravo
    Five words "Don't say you weren't warned."
    we tried Echo4

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    This is something that I will never like about Military life. Many times, when my dad would come back from deployments, half of his buddies wives would end up leaving them, or cheating on them. It honestly ****es me off. If I ever meet Jodie, I'll kick his ass.

But anyway, from what I have heard, if the love between you two is true, than you will have no problem. Basically, if you know in your heart that you can't trust your girl by herself, then it isn't worth it in the first place. I'm hoping to become an Officer in the Corps, and sometimes I am thankful for that, because infedelity seems to be much lower in the O-Club. But enlisted Marines can still have a great marriage.

From what I've heard, If you girl cheats on you, it could be some infraction on the UCMJ, because it messes with the morale and well-being of you, and possibly your platoon.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Barret
    This is something that I will never like about Military life. Many times, when my dad would come back from deployments, half of his buddies wives would end up leaving them, or cheating on them. It honestly ****es me off. If I ever meet Jodie, I'll kick his ass.

But anyway, from what I have heard, if the love between you two is true, than you will have no problem. Basically, if you know in your heart that you can't trust your girl by herself, then it isn't worth it in the first place. I'm hoping to become an Officer in the Corps, and sometimes I am thankful for that, because infedelity seems to be much lower in the O-Club. But enlisted Marines can still have a great marriage.

From what I've heard, If you girl cheats on you, it could be some infraction on the UCMJ, because it messes with the morale and well-being of you, and possibly your platoon.

Not if the girl does it. UCMJ has no jurisdiction over civilians. It is a violation of the UCMJ if a Marine does it.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Hmm...Too bad. This is the price that Military men and women pay, I guess. I pray to God that my future wife is always faithful. I know that I always will be.

The truth is, the D-word (Divorce) is much more acceptable today. That is probably a good thing, since way back when, even if your husband beat you to a bloody pulp every day, you were shunned upon if you got a divorce.

Alright, so pretty much here's my life.

Finish my senior year.[IMG]images/smilies/beer.gif[/IMG]

Go to Parris Island.[IMG]images/smilies/evilgrin.gif[/IMG]

Go to School of Infantry[IMG]images/smilies/idea.gif[/IMG]

Go to Fleet (which most likely means Iraq, or by then somewhere even worse)

As you can see, I really have no time to settle down or have a serious relationship starting June 11, 2007.

But, I'm in one now.

I just had a serious talk with my girlfriend and she's really (insert everything you've ever heard a teenager say about his girlfriend and how she's the greatest thing in the world here), but I seriously *know* it wouldn't work out.

But, I don't want to just break up with her because I'm joining the Corps. I mean, how should I word it?

I definitely am going to break up with her, don't worry guys. The Corps is getting all its moneys worth on me, but I just don't know what would be the easiest way to do it. She's obviously going to ask why and since everything has been going really good between us I don't just wanna be like "Uhh, because the Corps needs me." You know?

Dude she is your girlfriend if you dont know how to have a serious talk with her then I doubt your relationship is that strong and I doubt it will last

Are your eyes open?

I just had a serious talk with my girlfriend and she's really (insert everything you've ever heard a teenager say about his girlfriend and how she's the greatest thing in the world here), but I seriously *know* it wouldn't work out.
    I said I didn't know how I would BREAK UP with her just because I'm joining the Marines. I never said I couldn't have a serious talk with her.

It doesn't matter though. I'm single now and I'm enjoying it.

June 21st 2007 is this your ship date? or is this your ship date.. 20070621

I was told by my recruiter that from now on when I write a date it should be written as Year, Month, Date using numbers. Attention to detail buddy

Yeah, I don't think that date thing ever really stuck with me. The only time I did it was on the contract I think. When I used a date for work it was a jullian (sp?) date that didn't make much sense to anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by jcannedy
    They are the same date. I chose to write it as June 21st 2007. Is that okay?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jcannedy

They are the same date. I chose to write it as June 21st 2007. Is that okay?

yeah, i thought you wanted to be a pog so i just wanted to let you know so you didnt mess up any of my paperwork in the future, but i see that you want to be infantry so i guess my remark backfired there

Please tell me that you aren't talking down about Marines! Please tell me that you aren't somehow looking down upon men and women that have earned the Title of Marine and happen to be in an administrative job, just because you told your recruiter that you want to be an infantryman. You're in no position to call any Marine a pouge (I assume that's what you were aiming for, we all seem to spell it our own way.). When you earn the title, you can feel free to talk all the smack you want about other Marines, until then just shut up when you think something like that.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    HAHA, guess that backfired also. I got yelled at for stating something inappropriately yesterday, although I think I explained myself alright. This board is great.

Echo Four Bravo, in no way was I talking down about other Marines, I thought he was Joining the Chair-Force and wanted to play with pogs! Do you not remember Pogs AKA MilkCaps? Calm down brotha

Thread Information