Poolees/Infantry MOS/.....Girlfriends? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I also have a girlfriend of a long time. The only thing that worries me is the staying faithful, you know? Another thing that bothers me is what if she didn't but I never found out about it. And I don't exactly know why that bothers me, but it does. If I did find out though, it'd be over in a second!

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam1988
    I also have a girlfriend of a long time. The only thing that worries me is the staying faithful, you know? Another thing that bothers me is what if she didn't but I never found out about it. And I don't exactly know why that bothers me, but it does. If I did find out though, it'd be over in a second!
    Its a tough hurdle to face that many of us deal with all the time. I am living with my gf now and it changes everything. Makes my decision extremely hard, but she is trying to be as supportive as possible. I am also paranoid of her cheating, but I figure this, if shes gonna cheat, she'll cheat whether im in the Marine Corps and deployed somewhere or im at work/school. If they are gonna cheat, they are gonna cheat no matter what. Same goes for myself, if im gonna cheat, itll just happen. I wouldnt do it out of guilt and respect and if it ever did happen, I would be honest about it in a heartbeat. I just ask for the same mutual respect. I assume if it's too much for her she will leave me or vice versa. I hope it works out because shes a real special girl to me and my bestfriend at that. If not, I assume we can salvage a friendship over time. I can settle for that if its too much of a burden on her.

But its my decision ultimately and I have to do the things in my life that make sense to me and make me happy. I always have. Once we all realize that, I think our quality of life goes up and our means of independence makes us more confident. Just think about that when making your decisions. And that goes for any decision we make in life.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You guys are so worried about your girlfriends stepping out on you - what do you think YOU'RE gonna do when you get in the Corps? You'll have MORE temptation thrown at YOU than she will staying behind.

Look fellas, if your girls don't want to hang in there with you - DUMP 'EM! THEIR stuff is not the last piece you're gonna get and besides, if you go overseas, it's hard to say no to some little bar girl when all you have to do for it is buy her M&Ms, you know?

Marine84 is right, you guys have your whole lives ahead of you, chances are she ISN'T the one you're gonna marry. I know that if/when I get into the Corps I'll be ending it with my girlfriend the day I ship off to boot camp. She's an amazing girl, but I've wanted to be a Marine since I was about four years old, she's only been in my life for two years. So -- Marine Corps > Her. I know that I'll be stationed somewhere else other than here and I want to live my life to the fullest not be "held back" by a long distance relationship and I want to show her the same respect by allowing her to live her life and feel like she has to worry about me etc..

If it's meant to be it will happen, if not at least you know you lived your life the best you could.

You have to buy her more than M&Ms. In Okinawa it takes a $10 4oz. glass of orange juice, and then $100 for her bar fine. In South Korea its 10000 wan (about $50). In Thailand it really only takes M&Ms and about 400 baht (around $35). In the Phillipines its about 500 pesos ($32). Not that I would know or anything

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Achped,

These guys are giving you bad scoop. Pay attention because i am giving you pearls here. Whatever you do dont break up with her until after your ten days of boot leave. You will regret it if you break up with her before that. After that it is over anyway. Dont have any serious talks about it right now or anytime until your last day of boot leave. Lets see if you can figure out why. Trust me on this. You will thank me later.

Quote Originally Posted by cplbrooks
    Achped,

These guys are giving you bad scoop. Pay attention because i am giving you pearls here. Whatever you do dont break up with her until after your ten days of boot leave. You will regret it if you break up with her before that. After that it is over anyway. Dont have any serious talks about it right now or anytime until your last day of boot leave. Lets see if you can figure out why. Trust me on this. You will thank me later.
    Very good point.

I see what you're saying cplbrooks, but you can't tell me it's impossible to stay together faithfully, I'm sure many have tried and succeeded. Why go looking for more boom boom when you already have what you want?

Marine Corps is best decision youll ever make, Id like to say you could keep her and come back and shell still be there like in the old days, but i think things have changed. My Recruiter told us all on the bus one time, "For those of you boys thinking of getting married, or trying to keep a gf while your gone ... Just remeber when a women comes up sucky? sucky? on your off time, what you gunna do" we all busted laughing.

I see what you're saying cplbrooks, but you can't tell me it's impossible to stay together faithfully, I'm sure many have tried and succeeded. Why go looking for more boom boom when you already have what you want?
    Because what you want (her) might end up in your face .. Id rather finish the business now then later on down the road and she getting the boom boom.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I guess i have to spell it out. For those of you thinking about cutting your girlfriends loose before boot camp, just hold out so you can get some on your boot leave. After that the relationship wont last. If you dont believe me then try it.

Half of the boot camp platoon had their women leave during boot camp. The other half didnt make it through SOI.

Then again what do i know. Your relationship is probably "special" not like the rest of us who went through it before you.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallboot
    Marine Corps is best decision youll ever make, Id like to say you could keep her and come back and shell still be there like in the old days, but i think things have changed. My Recruiter told us all on the bus one time, "For those of you boys thinking of getting married, or trying to keep a gf while your gone ... Just remeber when a women comes up sucky? sucky? on your off time, what you gunna do" we all busted laughing.
    For those of you that think that there will be tons of boom boom while you are away, think again. You will be on a base with thousands of other single Marines and the only women around are the wives or daughters of other Marines which you will be wise to stay away from. Why do you think there are so many strip clubs in Jacksonville, NC (Camp Lejeune)? Because there is no other action. So get your last piece before you go to MCT or SOI or whatever school you will be headed to because it might be the last action you will get for awhile. That is why i say keep the girlfriend until after boot leave.

CplBrooks, I have to disagree. I stayed with my girlfriend and came home to her during boot leave, just like you suggested. Then, in MOS school about 7 months later we broke up, once again... just like you said. Looking back, I think I made the wrong decision. Every girl in town seemed interested in getting inside the Blues coat when I put it on while on leave, and I lost the opportunity because I was still with my girlfriend. That's a whole lot of new "experiences" that I let slip by!!

In all seriousness, I'd been best friends with my girlfriend since we were 5. We are best friends now. But, the Marine Corps made the relationship, that had been going on for about 5 years, simply go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four_Bravo
    CplBrooks, I have to disagree. I stayed with my girlfriend and came home to her during boot leave, just like you suggested. Then, in MOS school about 7 months later we broke up, once again... just like you said. Looking back, I think I made the wrong decision. Every girl in town seemed interested in getting inside the Blues coat when I put it on while on leave, and I lost the opportunity because I was still with my girlfriend. That's a whole lot of new "experiences" that I let slip by!!

In all seriousness, I'd been best friends with my girlfriend since we were 5. We are best friends now. But, the Marine Corps made the relationship, that had been going on for about 5 years, simply go away.
    I bet now that all thoses girls that wanted to get a piece of you are not even around. Its like when you have a girlfriend every girl seem interested in you, but as soon and you too break up no one wants to talk to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four_Bravo

How did the Marines made the relationship that you had with your girl go away?

Thread Information