Any Poolees Wear Glasses?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Any Poolees Wear Glasses?

You will love your BCG's!

The young lady with the new Marine doesn't seem to mind them.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    LMAO thats because she is his sister! The Marine is LCpl Di Camillo one of our members at his graduation and those things came off real quick and the contacts went in as soon as his platoon was dismissed.

Jim

I thought you get your civilian stuff back a day before graduation so you could wear your civilian glasses at graduation?

So you can get rid of them after Boot Camp? What about in the field, do you have to wear those glasses or one's you get to choose?

Quote Originally Posted by RuffNight2007
    I thought you get your civilian stuff back a day before graduation so you could wear your civilian glasses at graduation?
    Does that make sense to you? I may be wrong but that makes no sense. They'll give you your civilian stuff either the morning of graduation or after they dimiss your platoon.

i will be wearing those..

my eyesight is horrid.

Quote Originally Posted by motivatedpoolee
    i will be wearing those..

my eyesight is horrid.
    That sux....

So am I =P

We got our civilian stuff back the day before graduation. But, if you would have put your civilian glasses on for graduation you may have been murdered by an irate DI. It really isn't that big of a deal, everyone else will be wearing them, and your family/friends at graduation will be so happy to see you that they could care less what you've got on your face. As for the future of your BCGs, I never wore mine again after boot camp.

And to the new Marine, I apologize for thinking your sister was your girlfriend. That can't have been a good mental picture for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four_Bravo
    And to the new Marine, I apologize for thinking your sister was your girlfriend. That can't have been a good mental picture for you!
    That could be common at an Air Force graduation.

I only ever knew one Marine who continued to wear his BCG's after boot camp. He was Pennsylvania Dutch, and said that he didn't see any reason to spend money on something that the Corps will provide for free. I am sure that you guys will run into a few throughout your illustrious careers!

Yep, I'm gonna have to wear them. I heard that if you didn't need them badly though that you didn't have to wear them. If that is the case, they are coming off at Graduation. My eyesight ain't that bad.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I had to wear them but mine weren't THAT big back then. They were some ugly a$$ glasses weren't they?

Credits
    Savings
    Actually, those glasses are not as ugly at the ones thay gave us. I went to boot camp in 1985 our BCG glasses were those black Jerry Lewis glasses, Now those were really ugly!!!

Thread Information