Poolees/Infantry MOS/.....Girlfriends? - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WJason777
    How did the Marines made the relationship that you had with your girl go away?

Simple math, Age of girlfriend + Time + Distance = relationship goes away

Jody + your horny girlfriend = relationship goes away

Quote Originally Posted by cplbrooks
    Jody + your horny girlfriend = relationship goes away
    I have heard horror storys about that guy...lol.

Whos Jody?

Jody is your worst friend if you have a girl friend

Jody is the reason your woman is 7 months pregnant when you have been gone for 9...

Me and my girl are engaged to be married sometime late next year hopefully. I love her to death, and am going to give her a shot at remaining faithfull. I can say, that I am remaining caustiously optimistic at best. But I also look at the fact that I am 19, and if she does leave me, I have the Corps to devote myself too, not to mention a whole life ahead of me.

It isn't that hard to figure out why relationships don't work in the Marine Corps. If you aren't married and aren't from the area where you are stationed it is hard to see each other. You have to remember that long distance relationships have a very low success rate. Add in the stresses that come with the Marine Corps, and it can be even worse. Nothing like planning a weekend with your girl friend only to find out a few days before that you have duty on Saturday. You're living your life, and she is living hers. When you were together, your lives were really connected. When you are apart, everything you do is on your own. It doesn't take long for people to start seeing things differently.

The nightmare is only worse if you get married. You're far from home, don't have much money, and she is left sitting in a crappy house without any of her friends or family while you are in the field for weeks at a time. I don't know how any Marine wife manages to keep from going crazy, but some do. Most end up deciding that life should be better and they leave.

We see people here all the time thinking they're different. Remember than almost nobody is with their high school girl friend five years later. When you are a Marine your chances are even lower. You may not like it, but it is a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by ZaCalles
    Me and my girl are engaged to be married sometime late next year hopefully. I love her to death, and am going to give her a shot at remaining faithfull. I can say, that I am remaining caustiously optimistic at best. But I also look at the fact that I am 19, and if she does leave me, I have the Corps to devote myself too, not to mention a whole life ahead of me.
    Please tell me this is a joke! If you aren't positive that the marriage is going to work don't do it man. The people that just know they'll beat the odds and not have problems usually don't make it. If you're already thinking things aren't going to work out you need to save yourself the problems and stay single.

Okay. I'm not cutting and pasting everything but here I go. Maybe some can follow along that have been reading this thread.

Not a lot of women in the Jacksonville, NC area? *pfft* So they may not be "in town." Though ECU and all the college gals aren't that far away. I know because when I was in college there I dated a Marine first semester. It didn't work out but I did meet another Marine and dated him second semester. And what about the beaches? And the other towns near Jacksonville?

Long distance relationships? Generally don't pan out in the long run. Occasionally they do. Though it seemed to me more times than not that the relationship did not survive long distances or long periods of time apart.

"What happens on deployment stays on deployment." I'm fairly certain this is where Vegas got it's new advertising line from. I was on deployments. Saw plenty of Marines having some fun on the side thinking their wives {sometimes husbands, sometimes girlfriends and sometimes boyfriends} would never find out. Usually they didn't unless the Marine came home with an STD. At the same time I would be on base and see wives stepping out on their Marine husband. Sometimes it was the eclub, sometimes it was a ball game on base, other times it would be a Marine who wasn't their husband going into their house in the wee hours of the morning. Many weren't even discreet about it. Some were at least smart enough to go off the friggin base.

And those "Dear John" letters work both ways. Male Marines weren't the only ones to get them in boot. Male Marines were not the only ones to get them on deployment.

So the Marine might be on deployment cheating on their spouse. Meanwhile the spouse was back home cheating on the Marine. I know of at least one incident personally where this happened. Or be on deployment and see a Marine trying to be faithful to his wife. Take a few days leave while on deployment to visit my then boyfriend. Only to see the Marine's wife cheating on him.

Cheating is not limited to Marines and their spouses though. It can be the business man having a lunchtime affair or taking trips for work that are really for pleasure. Or it can be the woman who gets lonely because her husband is working so many hours or just lost interest. It can be the spouse who feels they aren't getting the attention they need at home so they go elsewhere to get it.

Not all Marines cheat on their spouses. Not all spouses cheat while the Marine is in boot, school, SOI, or deployment. Then again not all civilians are faithful either.

You want to try to make a relationship work? Then try. If you want to break up to make things easier? Or to not get a "Dear John" letter in boot or somewhere else down the line? Guess I should mention that breaking up does not equate cheating. Some just get tired of being alone more time than they are with someone. Cheaters will usually not want to leave the comfort of a relationship even though they aren't happy in it any longer.

Me? I knew I wasn't cut out for long distance relationships. Again, cheating happens for many reasons. The first Marine I dated in college? He cheated on me. And was stupid enough to show up at the one place I frequented on the weekends with the girl he was cheating with. Though for all I know he could have been seeing her all along too and was cheating on her as well. I'd usually just break up with someone once I lost interest. At least I'd have my self respect.

Cheaters lie. And usually those lies will catch up. I can forgive someone of a lot of things. Cheating on me is NOT one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four_Bravo
    Please tell me this is a joke! If you aren't positive that the marriage is going to work don't do it man. The people that just know they'll beat the odds and not have problems usually don't make it. If you're already thinking things aren't going to work out you need to save yourself the problems and stay single.
    All Im trying to say, is that I have a good grip on reality. Not life in the Military, or long distance relationships, but I think i have a pretty good head on my shoulders. When I say im remaining cautiously optimistic, I only mean that I can trust myself not to do anything, but what she does is up to her. I was only trying to say, that life moves on without her, as much as i dont want it to, it does.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Jody is alive and well and still taking care of bussiness while Marines are deployed. You would think that he would die or at least slow down after all these many many many years lol.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    What if the Marine is married to a woman in the Army?

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteRabbit
    What if the Marine is married to a woman in the Army?
    Then I'd guess they spend a lot of time apart.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Guess I'll have to make it work, eh? heh

Credits
    Savings
    Here is the best way to word it, Achped

~Cadence

I had a Girl in Petersburg Town
    Marine Corps life was a gettin her down

She said it was either me or the Corps
    DON'T WANT TO GO BACK TO PETERSBURG, NO MORE

MARINE CORPS!!!

MARINE CORPS!!!

she'll understand, I think it's a nice thought to try to hold on to relationships like that, but before you know it she'll be off with Jodi while your still training.
    I've been their brother

"In the end, I found that I simply didn’t care.">>

Thread Information