Looking for Marine Corp Yearbook
Create Post
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Looking for Marine Corp Yearbook

I'm trying to find the Marine Corp yearbook that my dad was in. I'm not sure what year or platoon number he was in but it could have been between 1968 and 1973 in Parris Island. His name was Ron Broll and he fought in Vietnam as either a door gunner or sharpshooter. I don't know if anyone out there knew him but if you have a yearbook between those years could you possibly look him up and see if he's in there and let me know what platoon and year he was there so I can try to order a yearbook please. He lost his yearbook when I was a kid but I remember looking through it and would like to get another one to go along with the flag I recieved at his funeral a few months ago to remember him by.

Thank You!
    Shauna

Probably no one is going to reply with no profile filled out.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    So I called my mom and she thinks my dad was in Parris Island in 1968 or 1969. He was 19 when he joined the Marines. I still don't know what platoon he was in though. Would anyone know of a way I could find this information? I also updated my profile for everyone and have a picture too.

ask your mom if she has your fathers dd214 or any records of his service or even some photos like a graduation photo good luck an semper fi

If you mom does not have a copy of his dd-214 then his next of kin should be able to request to have one sent. At least having that information could help you narrow down where to begin searching and what time frame.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Thanks for the replys and letting me know about that form. My mom should have those papers somewhere since she had to do tons of paperwork to get my dad on disability. If not then I will see if I can order them. Thanks again!

the only broll i can find was in the Army.(i used *************)
    guy

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Thanks for looking for him capmarine. I really appreciate you trying to find him for me!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I found out that my dad went to Parris Island on April 8th, 1969 then got sent to Vietnam. He was a sharpshooter and worked on helicopters too. So I was just wondering if anyone was at Parris Island during that time. Maybe you knew him. Let me know. It would be great to hear from you.

Parris Island

i graduated from MCRDSD in 1970.i will check further for you.fyi-my wife is a McCurdy.
    guy

If you go to the following link, about 1/4 the way down the right side of the page there is a phone number to order platoon photos clear back to 1939. I don't know if they can help. You might have to know is platoon number.

http://www.mcrdpi.usmc.mil/

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Thanks Todd I'll give them a call and see if I can get a platoon photo.

Shauna,
    If you want to get more of your fathers records on military service, you can go to the web site posted below. This is the veterans records section of the National Personnel Records Center. This will not help you find a boot camp book, but it could be beneficial to you if you want to apply for any service related benefits that your father rated.

http://vetrecs.archives.gov

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    just called that # at parris island ,talked to a nice lady they have plt pic. but dont keep copys of year books would like mine also that went south with the first wife,all you need is the date and plt.#to order a photo.

Glad it work out at least a little. I guess a platoon photo is better than nothing.

Thread Information