Video of a crazy Drill Instructor in action - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Where can we get a copy?

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Accord
    From the time I ordered it to the time it arrived, i'd say about a week.

My copy was autographed by Canaan Brumley (the guy who made the documentary).
    Nice, thanks for the info. I should be getting it today then I assume, maybe tomorrow.

Marusak -- Here is the link for the site to purchase it.
    http://www.canaanbrumley.com/
    Hope that helps.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Hey,

Nice video clip. If you noticed that Drill Instructor was very paitent seeing how he ONLY turned over the rack.. You will be wise to not make the same mistakes as that recruit. Would you say "Oh, Sir".. Is that a question or a statement? Was that recruit just saying "hi" or what? Seriously..

Tiamat13

Quote Originally Posted by Marusak
    Where can we get a copy?
    You can also buy it from www.grunt.com now.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Accord
    You can also buy it from www.grunt.com now.
    Hey Accord, you get yours from Grunt.com? Or directly from his site?
    BTW, backordered on Grunt.com, not sure about directly from the director's site. That's where I ordered mine from,but received no confirmation or anything. We'll see I guess.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    OK, so I got my copy today after ordering it on Thursday. Not bad at all with the holiday yesterday and all on top of it. Now to go watch it.

For those of you that have Direct TV and the Documentary Channel:

HEADS UP before you go buy the video. It is airing on the Documentary Channel on:

Saturday, September 9th, 2006

10:00 PM - 11:40 PM
    Ears Open, Eyeballs Click

This unique, eye-opening documentary by newcomer filmmaker Canaan Brumley shows us the hardship a band of United States Marine Corps recruits face during one trip through boot camp. This film is the first half of Stanley Kubrick’s Full Metal Jacket brought to reality. Told in a handful of titled chapters, this portrait of soldiers in training isn’t your average documentary; with no interviews or narration, Brumley presents our characters with visual emotion and intensity. Rather than getting to know each of the recruits personally as they fight through boot camp, we travel the road with them and witness the experiences up close and personal.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by JWG
    For those of you that have Direct TV and the Documentary Channel:

HEADS UP before you go buy the video. It is airing on the Documentary Channel on:

Saturday, September 9th, 2006

10:00 PM - 11:40 PM
    Ears Open, Eyeballs Click

This unique, eye-opening documentary by newcomer filmmaker Canaan Brumley shows us the hardship a band of United States Marine Corps recruits face during one trip through boot camp. This film is the first half of Stanley Kubrick’s Full Metal Jacket brought to reality. Told in a handful of titled chapters, this portrait of soldiers in training isn’t your average documentary; with no interviews or narration, Brumley presents our characters with visual emotion and intensity. Rather than getting to know each of the recruits personally as they fight through boot camp, we travel the road with them and witness the experiences up close and personal.
    The Documentary Channel isnt on DirecTV yet I dont think. On the Doc Channel website, they have petitions to request DirecTv start airing their channel, unless its changed in the last week.

Quote Originally Posted by FooDawg
    The Documentary Channel isnt on DirecTV yet I dont think. On the Doc Channel website, they have petitions to request DirecTv start airing their channel, unless its changed in the last week.
    I assumed (<-- got to stop that) that it wasn't on Digital Cable because I couldn't find any of their programs and/or channel on my list.

I'm guessing ti is not available to the comcast guys is it?

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Just buy it, it's well worth the money. It's much more "harsh" than anything I've seen on TV about boot camp, but to me it seems more like the real deal. I recommend anyone thinking about joining or waiting to ship should see it. Very good for a future recruit to digest.
    I ordered my copy off of http://www.canaanbrumley.com/
    They won't send you an order confirmation. I got a little worried too, but after sending them an e-mail they said it would be here in 3-5 days. Sure enough, 3 days later it was here.

Ok after watching those video clips I have to honestly ask myself, what am I getting myself into?

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    haha, my favorite part, when the DI is teaching the Guidon how to hold the Guidon Stick while they are in formation, look in the background and you'll see a recruit run as fast as he can into the squadbay and a DI chase him. Then come running out with the DI behind him. Great clip.

What are your favorite parts??

Quote Originally Posted by Static_Sky25 View Post
    it's called a "Sir Sandwich" they don't like that

haha, they dont like anything

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcheez View Post
    haha, they dont like anything
    Holy old thread, Batman...

Why did you dig up a thread that is almost 3 years old?

Thread Information