Picking Your Job.
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Picking Your Job.

I took the ASVAB about 2 months ago, I ge sworn in Sept 25. I passad all the test at MEPS i just couldnt get sworn in because of the pills that i was taking, I was wondering how come my recurtier want let me see the jobs that i quafily for befor i get sworn in. Is this normal? Do you have to get sworn in befor you can pick your job? He wont even tell me my scores. SHould i continue to wait to get sworn in befor picking my job?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    First off, you don't get to "pick" squat - you can pick a field but the Corps picks your job for you.

Why couldn't you be sworn in because you were taking pills? What kind of pills? Maybe you're not getting any info because he thinks you're a waste of time at this point?

We need a little more info - you're not telling something...............

i was taking the acne med called accutaine, meps told me i had to wait 60 dys after i am done with those pills. and they gave me sept 25 date to get sworn in.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    did you not tell them that you were taking it before you went?

yeah i told that i was taking it.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Then why are you having to wait because of a drug for acne?

Because something about the Military policy

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    OK...............who knows?

Having been on Accutane I can attest that it is a pretty serious med. It requires blood work to be done every month. You also must limit your time to sun exposure. Your joints dry out, along with your skin. I would imagine that the Recruiter knew nothing of the effects of this drug, nor should he be expected to. That is why we go through a medical screening at MEPS.

As for your question. You have to remember that the availability of an an occupational field varies. What is there today may not be tomorrow. The Recruiter more than likely couldn't give you an answer until you got a clean bill of health from MEPS.

Until you've completed all of the MEPS process he cannot tell for sure what you qualify for. You could be disqualified from a job for any number of reasons, so he is waiting to see what you're qualified to do.

I would expect he would allow you to see your score if you asked in the proper way when he happened to have time to deal with something like that. His main priority is reaching potential recruits, not responding to the demands of someone that has already decided to enlist.

I understand now, but i been off the med for alomost one and a half months now so i am just waiting for Sept 25 to go back down to meps.

LNDSRK i did not know it cant dry your joints out, i lift weights alot so i guess there is one more reason for me not be on the med now more.

The stuff is pretty harsh. Your doc should have let you know all of the problems it can cause before it was given to you.

yeah that another thing, he didnt told me nothing, he was just like i want you to take these pills for a couple of months and you will be fine. I did do a blood test once. but i was on the med befor about a year ago.

One more other thing i talked to a army recruiter and she said she can get my ASVAB scores without a problem, I will just have to fill out a W 60 Fourm or something like that. So later on today i will have my line scores. Also if i post them could you guys help me figure what i qualify for?

I talked with the army recruiter and she said she couldnt get my line scores but she has a list of jobs that she know i quaifly for with a score of 35 and there are
    11X1 Infantry Recruit
    12B1 Combat Engineer
    12C1 Bridge Crewmember
    14M1 Manpads Crmbr
    14S1 Avenger Crewmember
    19D1 Cavalry Scout
    19K1 M1 Armor Crewman
    31L1 Cable Sys Inst Mnt
    43M1 Fabric Rep Sp
    44B1 Metal wORKER
    45B1 Small Arms Rep
    51B1 Carpentry/Mason Ry Sp
    51K1 Plumber
    51M1 Firefighter
    57E1 Laundry/Bath Sp
    62B1 Const Eq Rep
    62E1 Heavy Const Eq Op
    62F1 Crane Operator
    62H1 Concrete/ Asphal T Eq Op
    62J1 Gen Const Eq Op
    63B1 Lt Wheel Vehicle Mech
    63H1 track Vehicle Rep
    63J1 QM And Chem Eq Rep
    63W1 Wheel Veh Rep
    74C1 Telecom Opr-Mnt
    77F1 Petroleum Supply Sp
    77W1 Water Treatment Sp
    81L1 Lithographer
    88M1 Motor Transporttation Op
    92G1 Food Service Ops
    92M1 Mortuary Affairs Sp
    92R1 Parachute Rigger

My question is, by me quaifling for theses jobs for the army would the US Marines offer me the same or even more?

Thread Information