Think I've got my mom now :)
Create Post
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Talking Think I've got my mom now :)

I told my mom about DEP and how once I'm 17 my parents could sign me in because I'd be a graduating senior. My mom wanted to know why the hell she should do it because she would "lose her baby" . I explained about the one-year maximum delay and that they could set me up for going in about a month after high school ended and that being in DEP would allow me to attend functions where I could meet other people that would be going into boot with me. My mom said it sounded like a good idea because she knows I want this more than anything in the world. My dad thinks I'm crazy LOL.

Glad to hear things are werkin' out for you with the family, Seeley.
    I was concerned about that for you. When yer Dad says yer crazy fer wanting to become a Marine, look in his eyes and see if ya might see somethin' else...like pride, maybe.

firstsgtmike
    Guest Free Member
    A smart a ss remark comes to mind.

"Yeah dad, I guess I COULD change and become the wimp you always wanted. Would that REALLY make you happy?"

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    lol, sounds like my mom .. Mom well till me im stupid everychance she gets but my dad is very proud .. '

good luck hope everything works out great for you

jellybean

Registered User Free Member ktriplett's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Lol...parents can be like that. I haven't lived with my mom for three years, since I graduated high school, and now she starts telling me she's "losing her baby"! My dad is very proud. He's told everyone he knows that I'm going to be a marine, and I'm pretty sure he stops strangers on the street to tell them!!

Good luck with everything!!

Registered User Free Member Joe Gore's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Congrats Seeley. i did the same thing in 1987 left for boot camp two months after graduation in 1988. My mom was very proud of my decision. Mom is a Vetran (Army). I have 5 kids, 3 of which are boys and it would make me proud to attend there graduation from Marine Corps boot Camp.

Good Luck!!!!!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Smile

My dad came home and talked to me about it today and said that he would support me in my choice "even though the Army is better" (LOL since of humor no doubt)! He really wants me to go to college but I told him that I didn't think I wanted to try college until I had my fun and adventure as a young person. Going to college, getting a family and a regular job are things I don't want to have to worry about until I've lived my life.

Still haven't got my mom to warm to the idea. Guess she doesn't want to accept the fact. Oh well! I ship out on Oct. 13!

There's a post in this forum that'll link ya to a site fer Mom's.

Credits
    Savings
    lol, my Mom is trippen .. today she said why do you wanna act like a guy go to the ARMY ... i was like O NO .. and i actually tryed to explain the difference buts shes like your a girl Dawn ..
    so whatever ...
    my mom doesnt really except it but shes gonna have to .

jellybean

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    LOL just keep it up and hopefully things will work out

Credits
    Savings
    thank Seeley .. hope everything works out for you too ..

got her...finally! she threw me the old "you're doing this because you hate me don't you?" comment. It was like, "good god, mom, i don't hate you, i'm doing this for myself, can't you understand." i finally had to tell all my reasons for wanting to do this and she finally understood...well i think she did! oh well! that's moms for ya!

Registered User Free Member Lock-n-Load's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Smile SEELEY

Please check out Dawn Marie's ...Thread [poolee]....I have a flash for you, kid. Semper Fi

If you got your parents to support you in your quest consider yourself lucky. I have great parents. I know they love me and want the best for me but I know I want a college education and later a career in the Marines. So, I have the perfect solution! NROTC Marine Option while at college. Simple, right? Well, no.

I'll turn 17 the May before I go to college so ultimately my parents have more say in where I go than I do. They want me to go to a small college where I have the most control over my academics. I don't know about all of the options of becoming an officer after college but my parents won't let me talk to a recruiter or OSO to get that information.

It looks like I may be doing things in a round-about way. I'll probably end up at whatever college my parents want me at and then find out about my military option.

Thread Information