Marine Barracks Bangor 1980-1983
Create Post

Marine Barracks Bangor 1980-1983

looking for brothers from Bangor Washington who served from 1980--1983.
    semper Fi
    Jeff wellman
    fremont Michigan

My name is William Toland and I was at Bangor from 1982-1983.

Hey Toland

I sure remember you. How ya been doing. I forgot I was even a member of this site Semper Fi

Jeff

I have been trying to start a new thread on Marine Barracks and the Marines who have served barracks duty. But for some reason I can not get it started. Maybe some of the big heads can start it.

I was stationed at the I-I Staff, Tacoma from 80-83, and had to drive up to MarBks Bangor to do something there, and ran into my recruiter, GySgt Visser, who was a Sgt when he enlisted me at the RSS in Tacoma in 1975.

Gy Sgt Visser

I was there the same time as Gy Sgt Visser

When were you in Lansing Michigan as a recruiter? Your last name is very familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff19606 View Post
    When were you in Lansing Michigan as a recruiter? Your last name is very familiar.
    I was there from 1986-1989.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtoland View Post
    My name is William Toland and I was at Bangor from 1982-1983.
    Bill I need to talk to you. I may have something of yours herbertdmcneely@gmail.com

I was at Bangor from 1982 to 1983. The C/O was Col. Taylor and Sgt. Maj. Ferrell was the command sergeant major. I don't remember which platoon I was in, but we lived on the first deck. I transferred to 2/9 in 83, just in time to go to Oki and participate in Operation Bear Hunt in South Korea. Bangor was a great duty station, but I was wanting to get into the fleet and do a little travelling.

i was at Bangor from late 79 TO early 81, i Believe Capt.Christopher was ahead of security, i worked mostly in the rma, and then the mla, and the mobile homes barracks where still in the mla but not being used only for training, i lived on the bottom floor facing the inside my good friend was r.e.Johnson they called him rocky....USMC/Alexander Click image for larger version

Name:	1325370743970.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	30940

Thread Information