Recruit Training Survival Tips - Page 7
Create Post
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Ohh and ask a Recruit about a Scuz Scuzz Brush. I need not go any further.

I'm out, about to PT and get some breakfast.[/quote]

FTFY

ohhh scuzz brushes! What memories you brought up with me, PFC. I actually brought my personal scuzz brush home as a momento, seriously. Am I the only one that did that, or is the post-op pain meds that made me that sick?

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneRJ
    Ohh and ask a Recruit about a Scuz Scuzz Brush. I need not go any further.

I'm out, about to PT and get some breakfast.
    FTFY

Ohhh scuzz brushes! What memories you brought up with me, PFC. I actually brought my personal scuzz brush home as a momento...seriously. Am I the only one that did that, or is it the post-op pain meds that made me that sick?

Garrrr...read the 1330 message from yours truly. I tried to fix this, but have alas, failed. You could probably tell when I have taken my pain medication and have posted on here from when I have not LOL.

Anyone care to guess where I am at right now? LOL j/k

Quote Originally Posted by bball21
    I don't know what you mean by "keeping up with your trash." Does that mean your clothes? And also, I can't swim. Will i have to know how to before i leave, or do they teach you how to swim during RT?
    Oh shoot I would hate to be you,lmfao.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by RockSteady85
    Garrrr...read the 1330 message from yours truly. I tried to fix this, but have alas, failed. You could probably tell when I have taken my pain medication and have posted on here from when I have not LOL.

Anyone care to guess where I am at right now? LOL j/k

HAHA you must be on those TITANIC sized Ibuprofen pills medical loves to give out. or better yet my favorite remedy from them, CRUTCHES!! if ya gotta broken pinky let's hook up the recruit with CRUTCHES!!

or your just takin advantage of the civilian life again and gettin into that green stuff

Quote Originally Posted by floflo
    HAHA you must be on those TITANIC sized Ibuprofen pills medical loves to give out. or better yet my favorite remedy from them, CRUTCHES!! if ya gotta broken pinky let's hook up the recruit with CRUTCHES!!

or your just takin advantage of the civilian life again and gettin into that green stuff
    Nahhhh, I just had surgery on my knee and am on Percocet and Vicodin for the pain. Someone bought me a HUGE gherkin bottle of Captain Morgan's when I got back and I am staring it down right now. Ohh hthe possibilities LOL j/k

haha lucky!!! those perc's are the $hit.... holy cow.

Quote Originally Posted by floflo
    haha lucky!!! those perc's are the $hit.... holy cow.
    Why yes, YES they are.

Pain? What is this pain you speak of? LOL

How long are the runs at Boot camp, and how often are they? I run about 3 miles a day, but just wanted to know if they progressed the PT or just started you out going hard. Thanks for any info.

I believe the longest ones are five miles.
    10 mile marches.
    You March over 40 miles during the Crucible,though, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneRJ
    My survival tips for recruit training only goes as far, because 1st, 2nd, & 3rd Battalion train Recruits differently.

DIfferent squadbays, different methods, different everything.
    What are some of the different methods 2nd battalion uses?

Credits
    Savings
    survival tip?.... give it your all....

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Lightbulb bootcamp-20080519

ey,
    I was curious if anyone could help me out here on this. This site has been very incitful for me so i wanted to thank you for that. I was curious, im realy pushing for recon and needed to know what exactly is looked for or does everyone qualify for it? For example, after bootcamp can anyone "try out" for recon or are you selected among a few by your DI? I am very in shape and a healthy kid, I was just curious. Also i piked a contract and there were about 12 jobs within that contract. I really wanted the m1a1 tank job or AAV crewman job, but among the contract there is also meteorologist and logisitics which i am not particularly fond of, so the question here is what are my chances of getting what i want here? thanks for all the help

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by jbourne224
    ey,
    I was curious if anyone could help me out here on this. This site has been very incitful for me so i wanted to thank you for that. I was curious, im realy pushing for recon and needed to know what exactly is looked for or does everyone qualify for it? For example, after bootcamp can anyone "try out" for recon or are you selected among a few by your DI? I am very in shape and a healthy kid, I was just curious. Also i piked a contract and there were about 12 jobs within that contract. I really wanted the m1a1 tank job or AAV crewman job, but among the contract there is also meteorologist and logisitics which i am not particularly fond of, so the question here is what are my chances of getting what i want here? thanks for all the help
    i was in amtracs... i say if you want to see things be a field radio operator.....

Surviving boot camp goes like this:

1. Have a good attitude. You are not "too good for this." There is no "Man, f*** this." Just do it.

2. Drink water. Not 12 canteens a day, that's impossible for some people. But enough. Being a heat case sucks.

3. Come fit. PCP is NOT a happy place. Pullups get you noticed in a positive way. That means better PFT scores and better pro/con marks from boot camp more than likely. Also, have good lower body flexibility. See above tirade about scuzzing to death.

4. Keep your eyes and ears open to EVERYTHING and keep your mouth (and everyone else's) shut. I swear to God if you say "SHUT UP!" enough you'll get a Meritorious Mast. Really. I've seen it happen.

5. Stay awake in your PMI's classes. Avoid the head at the range at all costs.

6. Learn how to properly speak to your superiors before saying ANYTHING.

7. Have fun with it! A wise man can live comfortably anywhere. I actually sort of missed boot camp at MCT sometimes.

Thread Information