Recruit Training Survival Tips - Page 5
Create Post
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT7477
    Get use to saying,Sir Yes Sir in boot camp after if you happen to graduate as a Marine Sir gets dropped unless it you have to address a male officer,maam for a female officer and get use to saluting any officer. We Don't Promise You A Rose Garden.
    Alright.
    Thanks for the info.
    I will keep all words of wisdom in mind.
    Any advice that can be given to this poolee is always appreciated.
    I have been running alot here in the last few weeks. Does anyone have anymore training tips that I should be touching up on?

Pullups, situps and how far are you running how many minutes is it taking you to run 3 miles? Set goals in your workouts trying to beat them all the time. Tell me about your workouts.

Pullups, situps and how far are you running how many minutes is it taking you to run 3 miles? Set goals in your workouts trying to beat them all the time. Tell me about your workouts.
    On a daily basis I run probally about 7 miles. I don't actually time them. as i haven't been able to find my watch, due to moving and such.
    As far as a regular routine goes, I do bench press alot.
    I I do a crapload of pushups. Usually about 4 sets till failure.
    Same goes for situps.Usually about 50-55 each minute.
    Back to running. I usully run for about 15 minutes straight. Then I start to feel weak. I usully throw up after about 25 minutes. I stop long enough to do that and whatever.
    Then If I can't physically run. I power walk until I recharge enough to where I can run again. Usually repeats. "Run, vomit, power walk, run, vomit,power walk. etc..""
    In total. I feel like I run at least three hours. I usually start around 1600 and run till sunset.
    But all in all. I do not have an accurate calculation to numbers or time. I just do it till i can't anymore.

The way it looks you should do alright physically, mentally just hope you can take alot of sheeet, good luck.

The way it looks you should do alright physically, mentally just hope you can take alot of sheeet, good luck.
    Thanks.
    On the mental level. I think i can take it.
    I have lived with my father and step mother for 8 years.
    (hence, she hates my guts because of some dispute with my mother)
    For 8 eight years I have put up with yelling in my face and of course a few "spit showers"
    At one point in those 8 years, I couldn't cry.
    Literally.
    My brother died when i was 12. I went to his funeral and whatnot. And even though I felt terrible inside I could not make myself shed one tear.
    (Not asking for sympathy, just giving and example.)

Anyways.For the most part. I think I can take the mental stuff.
    I realize there is alot more to it than just screaming and so forth, yet i feel as if I can take it.

Hope it all works out for you never hurts to shed a tear I lost my son to a car accident 10 years ago and the way I see it if you ever see a Marine shed a tear you best get the hell out of the way because he means business. The mental thing is hard to train for because you never know what to expect I seen some people in boot camp just lose it all, hell one guy even ran up to a dumpster and broke both of his arms.

Smile

The drill instructors are going to say some "harsh" stuff but
    if you really listen to them your main problem won't be tears, it'll be laughing. drill instructors say the funniest things in the world. and if you do make the cut to becoming a marine you'll remember this language and inside jokes for the rest of your life. it's always fun to get with a bunch of marines and just reenact drill instructors. they are magnificent people, just give them the respect they deserve and in return you'll receive really good training. and when the quarter deck opens up for "IT" volunteer. that stuff only helps build you physically and theyll see the initiative you have and you may just end up squad leader or guide. just make sure to be LOUD!!! back to the main point of this. their job is to make you break from being a nasty civilian with the name calling i.e. "fat, nasty, disgusting, worthless... etc." it's def all good

He isn't going to be a lady leatherneck now is he or she? AAHHH

oh good!! i guess we didn't friggin train somewhat the same did we Sgt!? Gooooood!!!

I believe we didn't L/Cpl are you showing me no respect?

LOL not in the slightest!! actually Sgt the new check in marines as far as pvts and pfc's go, are really nasty. like during boot leave they forgot everything they learned in boot. im sure back when you were in it was super strict and disciplined. nowaday marines are nowhere near that level of discipline. its pretty sad.

Credits
    Savings
    It was that way (almost) 20 years ago too...."new boots don't shine" rings true. Aside from a few sh1tbirds, most of those newbies will mature into the finest drinkin buddies you could ever ask for. Just keep training them....that's what Marines do....we ensure continuous training and take care of our own. Those newbies will make good NCO's someday.

SFi
    C

Quote Originally Posted by floflo
    LOL not in the slightest!! actually Sgt the new check in marines as far as pvts and pfc's go, are really nasty. like during boot leave they forgot everything they learned in boot. im sure back when you were in it was super strict and disciplined. nowaday marines are nowhere near that level of discipline. its pretty sad.
    You bet it was very strict and it sounds like you have your work cut out for you are we losing our respect and discipline I hope not, btw I have respect for you ,you handled our posting back and forth very well, you will make an excellent CPL someday have a good day, Semper FI.

Rah Sgt. Thanks for that, I should be picking up soon. but definitely looking to mentor marines just like the ncos that actually give a d@mn about young devils. you def must've been a motivator back in the day. Much Respect, have a great weekend!

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    That's probably because todays Marines don't get the **** beat out of them. And rightly so, just because you got beat on alot, and you were a machine dosn't make you a better Marine.

Thread Information