Recruit Training Survival Tips - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    When I was on board MCRD the Drill Instructors hired and fired at will. There wasn't much in the way of applying for a position, LOL. Generally if you do what you're supposed to do and doing it well without hesitation, you will be put into some form of leadership roll. However, you will probably be fired from it at some point to for being nasty or just freakin' because they felt like it. But, if you stay squared away and motivated you may get rehired....that is of course if you nasties have what it takes to become part of my beloved Marine Corps. Get some!

its simple do what they tell you as fast, precise, and to the best of your ability and youll do fine. dont get discourged because i promise you there will be times you will be thinking i kicked this in the a&^ but they will knock your thoughts right down but get up and do it again

Thanks a lot this was really helpful.

shut up , do what your told, do it fast and right the 1st time.... best way to survive. Your still gonna pay....believe me!

speed, volume, and intensity.. not too much more a Dril Instructor could demand.

Thanks for the tips.....Im so excited to leave

Thanks for the tips....I will remember them when I get there....

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    The best advise I can give is the same to all Poolees I talk to! Do what you're told, when you're told, where you're told, how you're told, and who you're told to do it to!, Keep your mouth shut, never volunteer, and never, ever let them learn your name! If you can accomplish these few things, you will be fine!

alright i know this is a little thing but this is somethign that you learn real quick..

1. NEVER drink from the scuttlebutt you refill your canteens from the tap from the head.

2. its a small thing and im not sure if they still do it or if it was simply my company. BUT when we went to the chow hall you we heard one shot one kill and basically had one shot to grab a fork. They have knives but we were only allowed 1 piece of silver ware. Its always place d in the same spot so make sure you guys dont get a knife like i did as its really hard to eat with one.

3. also youll hear alot left hand left knee right hand right knee. You only eat with one hand and the other on your knee and just stare at your food chow down and you go outside and stand in formation and wait for everyone to be finished.

BTW if you havent noticed its a trait you will have for the rest of your lives MARIENS DONT PLAY AT CHOW you get food its gone in 30 seconds. Your family will notice how you guys will eat alot faster and finish

That hurry up and wait thing it stays with ya FO_EV_ERRRRRRRRRRRRR

Credits
    Savings
    good tips however, i found each platoon does alot of things different. im going to put my opinion about bootcamp on when i get some time. i think there is some very good tips above for anyone thinking about joining or people already in the poolee program.

ya its very good general tips but jsut remember just as the Corps does...the two things you ALWAYS need to remember is EVERYTHING is subject to change at ANY second of the day...and the one thing you will do more then ANYTHING in the Corps is you will always Hurry up and wait.....

Question

hey i got a question for anyone who can answer is there a height restriction for joining the marines

Quote Originally Posted by Williams92
    hey i got a question for anyone who can answer is there a height restriction for joining the marines
    google.com can answer alot of these simple questions. You should only post a question on here if you have'nt tried in earnest to find the answer for yourself.

Baisicly there is'nt a set limit. But if your shorter then 4.5 ft or taller than 7.5 ft you might have issuses. Also I know for a fact that certain MOS's have height limitations.

Williams this isn't the right thread for your question. If you wish to ask a question not related to "Recruit Training Survival Tips" please search for your answer, or post in a new thread. Thank You.

man it sure has gotten alot nicer in here since when i first joined if a poolee would have asked a question that could have been so easily found somewhere in the forum by searching for it their butts would have been jumped by several Marines......jsut rememebr to always search before asking questions we do not mind helping you out at all but rememebr theres hundreds of people that have the same questions so most of the time they have already been asked and answered a few times as well....

Thread Information