Recruit Training Survival Tips - Page 8
Create Post
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    2. water, I wish we could of drank half of that, that's one thing we didn't get much.

Hey guys, this is a great thread. I am curious, what about "going #2". When is it possible to do that? I have read about learning how to hold it because you never get a chance to go, but I could imagine it would be alot harder to run or do really any other type of pt when you need to go to a toilet.

Let it drop it will find it's way to the ground.

Staff Sergeant, I really appreciate you taking the time to post this information for all us Poolees. I learned a lot of what i think will be helpful tips for RT.

This thread is HUGELY helpful. Many thanks to everyone sharing their knowledge in it. This'll come in handy for me.

But I do have one question I haven't been able to find an answer for even after using the Search function. Are you allowed to use the head after lights out in bootcamp? Like if you wake up at midnight and just seriously gotta bust a grumpy, are you allowed to get up to drown that fudge dragon?

Thumbs up

Yes you are allowed to make a headcall after lights out. the firewatch on duty will probably allow 2 recruits out of their rack at a time. and the DI's actually encourage for you to use the head after lights go off and early before lights come on to get your trash taken care of like teeth getting properly burshed because of the rush you have to put up with anyway. its pretty much your oppurtunity to take initiative to take care of yourself so during the day you are not complaining you never get enough time to brush your teeth and stuff.

Semper Fi

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by SGT7477
    Let it drop it will find it's way to the ground.

Hahaha. CLAP CLAP.... the most useful advice ever.

I hope your not serious lol

Just get a rutine going that you go after lights out or something lol

Quote Originally Posted by floflo
    Hahaha. CLAP CLAP.... the most useful advice ever.
    Flo where you been hiding?

Flo where you been hiding?
    Hey Sgt, I was on the most amazing thing ever... LEAVE!! HAHA. I was actually just telling some people about the "let it drop, it'll find it's way to the ground" absolutely priceless

That used to be the first place everyone rushed to once we were on square away time. You would just try to get in the head as fast as possible since there were only a couple crappers. Of course you won't initially really have much square away time on your own so going after lights out is the best option.

Quote Originally Posted by floflo
    Hey Sgt, I was on the most amazing thing ever... LEAVE!! HAHA. I was actually just telling some people about the "let it drop, it'll find it's way to the ground" absolutely priceless
    Leave was always fun I remember our CO would always tell us don't get in trouble on leave because it will be worse when you get back here,lol, did I listen hell no, Sgt Major Hernandez was he in 29 Palms in 1977 I had a damn good friend with the same last name would be the coolest thing if that was the same Marine?

Leave was always fun I remember our CO would always tell us don't get in trouble on leave because it will be worse when you get back here,lol, did I listen hell no, Sgt Major Hernandez was he in 29 Palms in 1977 I had a damn good friend with the same last name would be the coolest thing if that was the same Marine?
    SgtMaj M. A. Hernandez is my Dad. He retired from 30 years of service in '02 from 9th MARDIV Kansas City, MO. He was an 0311, if that helps any?

No that wouldn't be him the one I knew was an 0811, Semper FI.

BULK HEAD, LINE RIGHT NOW!!! which is not immposible, trust me i know...oh yeah the so called infantry stuff they teach you forget that stuff, SOI, ITB,CHARLIE COMPANY,that where they make 03's!!!!

Thread Information