Recruit Training Survival Tips - Page 6
Create Post
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BlindZeal08
    That's probably because todays Marines don't get the **** beat out of them. And rightly so, just because you got beat on alot, and you were a machine dosn't make you a better Marine.
    Who in the hell are you responding to anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by SGT7477
    Hope it all works out for you never hurts to shed a tear I lost my son to a car accident 10 years ago and the way I see it if you ever see a Marine shed a tear you best get the hell out of the way because he means business. The mental thing is hard to train for because you never know what to expect I seen some people in boot camp just lose it all, hell one guy even ran up to a dumpster and broke both of his arms.
    Wow sounds like some pretty intense stuff.
    Sorry to hear about your son.
    I understand what you mean about training the mind. I mean as in I understand what you are saying. Of course I haven't went to recruit training, so I haven't experienced it yet. But in the midst I understand the point.
    Thanks for the Info again.

I will overcome my obstacles. I want to be called a Marine. I am prepared to do my job and whatever it takes to EARN the title.

First and foremost, what is the most helpful advice you can give me.Once I get to RT I should do .Or be prepared to .
    Again thanks for sharing your words with me.

The one thing I can tell you listen well, do things quickly and don't be afraid to volunteer. I really think you can earn that title you seem to have respect and willing to listen to us Marines which will get you far in life I don't sugar coat things which I know **** some poolees off like I told a few that can't take us Marines on this site they will never be able to tolerate the DI's, some talk Recon and haven't even earned the title of Marine, hell they could end up being a cook, We Don't Promise You A Rose Garden. Time to hit the rack, Carry On.

The one thing I can tell you listen well, do things quickly and don't be afraid to volunteer. I really think you can earn that title you seem to have respect and willing to listen to us Marines which will get you far in life I don't sugar coat things which I know **** some poolees off like I told a few that can't take us Marines on this site they will never be able to tolerate the DI's, some talk Recon and haven't even earned the title of Marine, hell they could end up being a cook, We Don't Promise You A Rose Garden. Time to hit the rack, Carry On.
    Understood.
    Thanks again for the info.
    I understand what you mean about the other poolees. We had one in a poole function that set out because of a scrape on his leg..(weakness)
    I fully understnd your advice. Thanks.
    Sleep well Sgt7477

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Who in the hell are you responding to anyway?
    FloFlo

My survival tips for recruit training only goes as far, because 1st, 2nd, & 3rd Battalion train Recruits differently.

DIfferent squadbays, different methods, different everything.

One thing I had to learn quick was to scream. That's the most important one, but I'll be you'll forget by the time you hit the island. If you want it easy in boot camp, just do the simple **** they tell you. We did no thinking for oursleves, our D.I.'s had everything planned out for us, all we had to do was comply with the orders and everything was tight to the right.

Learn to work as a team, my platoon never fully got that down, only a few of us knew what are D.I.s wanted out of us, and we got all the **** done that needed to be done. While other recruits would just fall into a little huddle in the back of the squadbay joking around not doing a damn thing. It's get irritating at first, I won't lie, but you'll see the ****heads and the motivated recruits. You'll know who you can count on, I always hated when I had to help out a ****head, only because we all would get pitted because he decided not to make his rack, or he lost his gear, or because he doesn't know the proper hatch procedure. But my SDI said, that your only as strong as your weakest man. So make sure your weakest recruit is racked with a squad leader or guide. In my platoon, all the weak one were put with squadleaders and the guide.

Learn to get along with other people. When I first met my platoon, they were already a day ahead of me. Most of them were from New York, Philly, Boston, New Jersey, and the rest of us were GA, FL, and SC. I hated my platoon members from up north, they had this attitude that I couldn't stand. They swore up and down that they were the best in the world and us from the south wasn't ****.

But again you still have to work as a team, so I had to tolerate be treated like a dumbass, because they didn't think us from the south could actually read or write, or apply proper common skills. It was aggrivating at first, getting into arguments and fights (I remember having about 18 in my platoon). But in the end it was all worth it, we came together from being Booger platoon to being Honor Platoon. I guess the sand pit method my SDI was telling us about worked.

SPEED VOLUME AND INTENSITY.
    Is what the drill instructors want 24/7. Let me tell you, no matter who you are, your not going to scream and run as fast as you can all the time. In Phase I, I was so damn demotivated and in a culture shock, I really didn't want to be there. I was like this.

"Why in the hell did I join up?"

"Get me the hell away from D.I. SSgt. Dobson!!"

Everyone will say that in there head, I did but a few letters from Kim and Dave set me straight, brought me back in focus on why I was there. After re-gaining focus, you'll start to see a change in yourself. You'll start putting out for your D.I. because they will acknowledge you when your doing a good job.

"Hey, Johnson. Whatever your doing, keep it up. I like it!!!!"

Then you'll be so damn pumped up and motivated from their energy that you'll do anything for them.

They don't expect the impossible from you, if they see you are not giving up, they will coach you and teach you. There is no room for quiting in the Marine Corps. America doesn't need no one who quits on himself. I hated getting quarterdecked at first, it was hard. Getting ****ed up because of someone elses mistakes. But the longer I was there, the harder I came back. Don't take the quarterdeck entirely as a punishment. That place makes you lean and mean. **** in II & III phase I was itching to get on the quarterdeck. I wanted to play with the D.I.

Drill Instructors

SDI-
    Your Senior Drill instructor is your daddy. He makes sure your taken care of, he also takes care of his junior D.I.'s Everything that goes wrong with the Platoon is his fault, everything that goes right goes to the Drill Instructors. Now that was one type of SDI

My SDI still had a green belts mentality.

Basically he was a killing machine with two pitbulls. He would unleash them on us, and when were crying, screaming, and pounding on the hatch for him to come save us, is when he realized that he was a black belt and that we needed him.

Heavy Hat-
    Your heavy is bascially the Marine that trains you, he is with you every single day. I will never forget my Heavy. 70% of the time he was sick, but yet he still PT'ed, still drilled us. Your going to respect your heavy. When your SDI is away, he will take care of you, he will pull the 3rd and 4th Hats off you. He will pull you aside and mentor you. Don't **** with your heavy either. He has more games than milton bradley.
    Aww see there goes the memories.

3rd & 4th Hats- Bascially, they just hate you, they make everything as stressful as it can be. You'll be fixing up the house, and they'll come back and **** it up right after you left. Or they'll be in your face constantly running around yelling and screaming. They don't want you to eat, they don't want you to get your mail, and they don't want you to have free time. They'll do the most ****, to **** your whole life up. But it's their job, so don't take it personal. After the crucible you'll see them change into regular people and then you'll have huge respect for them.

Sand Pits - I swear, everywhere we went there was a Sand Pit near by. I've been to at least 8 pits and 6 in one hour.

My SDI only took the whole platoon to the pit and when he dd take us, it was hell on earth. No one could stop him, ahh boy just typing this made my skin crawl.

"Scream like your getting raped, because basically you are. I'm putting pain in your body and no one can stop me!"

We screamed so loud that PMO was called and we had to stop because a lot of the officers housing was complaining of too much noise. That was kind of funny, but "That's okay 3020, I'm sure I can find something to do indoors." It never stops.

Ohh and ask a Recruit about a Scuz Brush. I need not go any further.

I'm out, about to PT and get some breakfast.

Btw the DI's don't hate you it's just a mind game all our DI's had tears in their eyes at graduation and our Senior was a real hard ass and he had the most tears I even met my senior in Okinawa and I can tell you he was a real down to earth person, it's a show boot someting you have to get use too you will find out things different in the fleet hell when I went to my first duty station in LeJeune they still tore up the barracks just like in boot camp I done the same as a SGT. some young Marines need a daily ass kicking to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by JAG1990tn
    Understood.
    Thanks again for the info.
    I understand what you mean about the other poolees. We had one in a poole function that set out because of a scrape on his leg..(weakness)
    I fully understnd your advice. Thanks.
    Sleep well Sgt7477
    You're welcome now get that title and make us proud.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by BlindZeal08
    FloFlo
    FIRST of all. i may not be a sgt of marines, but i am a MARINE. you really have no place to make any comment of the subject i was discussing with a FELLOW MARINE. just FYI.

Flo what the hell is going on anyway,did all hell break loose,lol?

HAHA no this kid is trying to say, i'm guessing, that i apparently "had the $hit beat out of me?" thats why im talking bad about todays marines?! yeah, okay, NOT. i love when someone that has no idea what is going on tries to make commentary. its no better than a hippie talking about the iraq war... they just need a big cup of shut the f*** up. in the nicest sense possible.

Oh shoot that is too funny,whew you made my day,lmfao.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    You were comparing the Marine Corps older type of Marine vs todays. I was merely commentating that todays don't get the **** beat out of them. That's probably why you see a difference.

It has nothing to do with that. It's not just physical discipline its mental too. If a child is bad some parents will spank them and then tell them why they did. but a parent that just hits a child for f*** of it its diff. that child is going to rebel. its the same with recruits! di's become the parent figure and how that di treats a recruit determines the kind of training and "discipline" they will receive. as far as what i was talking about was once the new marine graduates boot its up to them to hold onto what they learned or just turn into another s#it bag.

Hmm I would like to know how we are different?

Thread Information