Changing Contract from Active to Reserve
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Changing Contract from Active to Reserve

What is the process from changing my contract from Active to Reserve? Is it as easy as signing a new contract? What should I expect?

I planned on going active but was to dumb to give the reserves a thought. It came to me and I realized it would allow me to go to college and still serve in the Marines with the possibility of going active later on down the road!

Thanks!

I did the same thing. Just went and told my recruiter i wanted to switch and i had to sign a new contract/pick my MOS and unit, and then go back to MEPs.

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaMarine View Post
    I did the same thing. Just went and told my recruiter i wanted to switch and i had to sign a new contract/pick my MOS and unit, and then go back to MEPs.
    Do you have to go through the whole physical all over again when you go back to MEP's?

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorDog View Post
    Do you have to go through the whole physical all over again when you go back to MEP's?
    I want to say no, but i honestly can't remember.

you don't have to do the whole physical...just an inspect. Making sure everything is pretty much the same as when you last came to MEPS. It's just basically another urine test, height and weight, and they ask questions to see if you've had any problems with your health.

When I reenlist I am going reservist as well. It's not bad at all

Quote Originally Posted by JZfs720 View Post
    you don't have to do the whole physical...just an inspect. Making sure everything is pretty much the same as when you last came to MEPS. It's just basically another urine test, height and weight, and they ask questions to see if you've had any problems with your health.
    If you have to go back to MEPs for anything, you have to take another pee test?

I'm an idiot. What if it's just two weeks apart from the last time I went? I know this sounds bad on my part, but I have dirty pee now.

I went to MEPS twice, about 45 days apart (was going for officer but decided to enlist instead). My recruiter thought that if it has been more than 30 days since you were last there they would pee test you. They didn't pee test me the second time though; the doctor just had me strip down to my boxers, looked at me, asked me if anything has changed in the last month and a half, and then said I was good to go. I'm not sure if it's the same everywhere though.
    There's no excuse for dirty pee, but there are detox products out there. Just don't let it happen again lol.

Ha, I definitely am done with that. Thanks for the reply.

Way to be the 10% and not even have the title yet, you're the 10% of poolees, not even Marines. Good job, you're well on your way to a BCD. Just do us all a favor and don't even join. I'd rather stay here in Iraq an extra tour than have someone who can't even stay drug free during their DEP time relieve me.

Well said Achped. No need to enlist, if you can't make it a couple weeks without using drugs, you're not going to make it 4 years. Save us the trouble and yourself a lifetime of explaining a bad discharge.

I'm not in DEP yet and I have no reason to argue with you guys. On the cover without knowing me, I'd say the same thing. Pot won't even be a thought to me when I make the Corps. It's not even a thought to me now, really.

I would rather not hear from everyone saying "we don't need druggies in the Corps" because it would just be hypocritical of a lot of you, but say what you will. Not to mention, it would be unjust, as I'm not anything close to being one.

Quote Originally Posted by blackshirts View Post
    I'm not in DEP yet and I have no reason to argue with you guys. On the cover without knowing me, I'd say the same thing. Pot won't even be a thought to me when I make the Corps. It's not even a thought to me now, really.

I would rather not hear from everyone saying "we don't need druggies in the Corps" because it would just be hypocritical of a lot of you, but say what you will. Not to mention, it would be unjust, as I'm not anything close to being one.
    Yeah cause all of us sit around and wait for the poolees to get off so we can get our Cheech and Chong on...in fact we've got a forum on here only Marines can view where we tell each other all the best weed spots. Dude I'm high right now as I type this......what an idiot.

Yeah, a lot of us did do drugs before we came in....but we made the desicion to stop, and stuck to it, before we signed on the dotted line. Those of us that didn't ended up with a Big Chicken Dinner....

Oh, and guess who had to do the Admin Sep packages??? ME!! Those that popped on the pizz test took up half of my time.....I coulda been getting my drink on instead of working on these packages at 1900 Friday nights ! And my grunts'll tell you (the ones I was stationed with), I was a hell of a lot better company clerk when I didn't have to deal with that trash....I'da preffered doing up an award or a marriage package or something....

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by blackshirts View Post

... and now you are a mind reader. **** You, friend!!

First off, like I said I haven't signed anything yet. Secondly, I don't have to be a mind reader to know there have been PLENTY of Marines to smoke or do drugs prior to enlistment. Did I say you were a druggie Big Al? No.

I made my original comment knowing full-well I would catch a lot of flack for it. I got my answer which is all I wanted and I will now go back to just being a lurker.

Have a good day Sirs.

Thread Information