Acronyms are fun. how many do you know ? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancecorporal
    P.I.C.M.D.E.E.P.
    Pairs, Interlocking fields of fire, Coordination of fire, Mutual support, Defilade, Enflade, Entrenchment,Protection.
    If you know of anymore post em' up. S.M.E.A.C. M.E.T.T-T etc....

Pairs
    Interlocking fields of fire
    Coordination of fire
    Mutual support
    Defilade
    Enfilade
    Economy
    Protection

There is no entrenchment...

Oh hell yeah i've tried prepping double tough horses with SMEAC but it tends to get hairy fast and i just end up hanging for the paycheck and trying to survive. These days i may quit those bad accounts mid-job guilt free, because if they are so dangerous that i can't get around the animal then the owner has lied to me and literally set me up for a fall. And its cheaper and more practical for a farrier to load up and drive off sound, rather than hire an ambulance.

Also tried using that five paragrapher gathering cows and lost horses on a couple big outfits but the work was so dynamic and fluid ever changing that the order gets blown out.

KOCOA seemed like a good idea when knocking around the mountains with map and compass but it has yet to fully pertain on my day hikes...

Back at farrier college the professor asked the class to come up with a simple acronym on how to approach a job, a pre-trim/shoeing inspection. He said there would be a prize for the winner. i came up with START and it was approved to the point he was excited about submitting it in the form of an article to the American Farriers Journal. Well it never happened and no prize but i had not been away from the Corps very long and was used to taking "promises" with a grain of salt

--->Dave

I just finished reading a book on submarine espionage during the Cold War.

Submariners are hooked on acronyms, and in the book it described how a CIA spook newly assigned to a particular sub ensured he would be permanently assigned to that sub in the first ten seconds aboard.

He spent the first nine seconds staring down the Captain, and in the tenth second dubbed the Captain "NOMFWIC". (Number One M*****F***** What's In Charge.)

crate

FIGMO= f**k you I got my orders

ADASTW= arrived dead and stayed that way

NOMFWIC. "Number One M***** F***** What's In Charge".

This was hung on a submarine Captain by a CIA spook during submarine intelligence gathering during the Cold War.

crate

Acronyms

B-begin the planning
    A-arrange recon
    M-make recon
    C-complete the planning
    I-issue order
    S-supervise

O-orientation
    S-situation
    M-mission
    E-execution