Letter To Sgt Major Of The Usmc - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I don't reply to those who use dismissive words like "bs" (which, by the way, is a breach of this Forum's stated rules of courtesy, no matter what one's rank). Such conduct only reinforces my original posting. Do it again, and you get blocked.

lol...Roger that dude.

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeHead20
    Check back with me after the body bags are no longer being filled and final victory is secured in Afghanistan and Iraq, both having become peaceable democracies. Then I will gladly go to my stove and cook myself a dinner of crow. Because the purpose of combat is winning and nothing else.
    Are you saying that the reason we are not winning in Iraq and Afghanistan is because they don't make Marines like they used to? Do you think that if your "old corps" was in the same situation things would be different? To affirm these questions as true would be an insult to our present day Corps, and the sacrifices being made by our current Marines. Just because the body bags are being filled does not mean we aren't still winning. "Marines die. Thats what we're here for."

Respectfully-
    Lcpl Miller

I think what Coffeehead20 is referring to is that before the late 80'a and early 90's the way Marines trained was for Combat and not for who hurt who's feelings. I for one agree that today's Marines are not as tough as the past eras. They are ready to cry wolf when it comes to PT, they are ready to get by just by doing the bare minimal, and they act as if they should be treated with more respect than they are willing to give. Today's Marines are willing to " Make Examples " of thier fellow Marines no matter what the truth is unless they are part of a Clique...Good Ole Boys Club, or whatever else they need to be a part of. There is a GySgt who's main threat was that since she drank and partied with the SgtMaj of Camp Johnson that she will always get what she wants. It was the truth. When she wanted some-one busted for whatever bogus reason they got busted. When she whated some-one promoted they were promoted. She said herslef that she was psrt of the Camp Johnson mafia...which comsisted of three 1stSgts, the SgtMaj of the Base, 8 GySgts and 6 SSgts. If you were a Sgt or below you wasn't allowed to join unless you proved yourself by helping them gather dirt on other Marines.

Back in the early 90's Mothers of America decided the training course for all the military branches. So in effect the training that was received wasn't the proper training needed for Combat. You were trained at one time very harshly because they wanted you preped for a time of Combat if you were unlucky enough to get caught by the enemy and became a POW. There was a understanding that you would be hard enough not to allow the enemy to get any information from you to kill or maim your brother and sisters in Combat. But now I feel that today's military in general is weak in this sense of training. We as Americans will get tortured by the enemy for information while our own POWs won't. We have to be hard not to allow the information the enemies are looking for to leave our mouths. But I have a feeling that most will break and release vital information to the enemy just to end the pain. Or maybe for money or other privilleges. Marines aren't trained as Marines any-more. Drill Instructors get into trouble everyday for trying to create Marines. Not just babysit for some-one that wishes to be part of the elite. Most Marines coming out of Boot Camp are taught that if some-one says something they don't like to report them to a higher rank so that the Marine will get into trouble. It is hard to correct some-one when first and foremost you have to wonder if what you say can be related or taken out of text and used against you.

As I stated before...the Marine Corps and every other branch once was proud and withstanding. There was a feeling of family in the Marine Corps that couldn't be reproduced by any other branch. There was a sense of protection and being a part of a real team. Now this has all fallen to the way side. There is a sense of self improvement at other Marine's expense, a sense of protecting one's self before protecting others or allowing others to get protection when they need it, a sense of self indulgence where as there wasn't before, there is a real power struggle for tthe upper ranks, and somewhere along the line there became an " I " in team. It has become Semper I, Not Always Faithful unless it has something in it for me, and do as I say not as I do, and of course the best way to lead now a days is from the rear where the leaders are the safest. Yes there are Marines that still live...breathe...and eat the real Corps values. I can only praise them. Because I was one of them. Honor...Courage....Commitment was my way of life. I fought for those to my left and right. Not the Government or the higher ranks that sat back in the rear and commanded excellence from us and took credit from us that they didn't deserve. I honored my commitment with all my courage and loyality and love for my nation and the people who fought for our nation and supported our nation. Not some official that believed they knew best while leading a nation from the rear and into an embarrassment and was getting us killed off or a Government set on a vendetta because of an assanation attempt on his father or any other person that never spent a day in the military and supported our enemies because of ignorance. I have also found that most people are willing to believe whatever some-one else puts in thier minds because of the other persons stature. This is concidered a way of brain washing in which the person wishes to believe that thier desires and needs are being met when in truth they are being used for a different purpose all together and the only thing being met is a lie. Because this whole War on Terrorism is one BIG LIE. it was forged for the reasons of self indulgence from a political point of view. America was lead on to believe that Iraq had WMDs when in truth they didn't...America now is being lead on to believe in was the Al-Qaida was a fault for the TWC incident when in truth it was the Taliban... and America is being lead into believing that our borders and our safety is not in jepardy. We are being lead to believe that we must give up our American rights just so that terrorists can be found in our Country but no-one is willing to admit that these same terrorists have been here for years because our Government hasn't care for America for years. And finally we as the American military fighting machine are told lies daily just so that some " upper " commanders can look good while siiting thier asses behind a desk in security and those fighting suffer the pain and don't get the credit the deserve for doing the real job. We are willing to accept lies as truth because it is easier to face yourself than to believe that you are doing the biddings of some-one else because of the lie.

I can agree that as a Marine, you will always wonder how you would have faired on Iwo or how you would have fought in the trenches in Europe. All respect is due to those that went before. That being said, there are some Marines that do try to undermine our brotherhood, this is true. But to say that "they don't make Marines like they used to" is a low blow to the men over there right now fighting a different type of war. How do you consistantly battle an invisible enemy? The only thing that masks our victories over there is the media. Marines aren't losing the war. And just because we are being lied to doesn't mean we can just quit serving our country. As dumb as it sounds, what would happen if the Marine Corps went on strike because we were lied to? What the hell would that change? We always fight for the left and the right because when you're thousands of miles from home that is all you have. This isn't the first time America has been in a situation like this. This surely isn't the first time Washington has lied to the military. Semper Fi.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    2-cents

13 weeks isnt going to change 18-20 years of dirtbag, its whats inside that counts, now their just a dirtbag with a thin coat of polish, it rubs off pretty quick. Also Ill bet my 2 cents that if you go back 20, 30 years you can find one or two then as well.

Check back with me after the body bags are no longer being filled and final victory is secured in Afghanistan and Iraq, both having become peaceable democracies. Then I will gladly go to my stove and cook myself a dinner of crow. Because the purpose of combat is winning and nothing else.
    Check back with me when you can find a war or any conflict in which there were no use of body bags...the purpose of Combat is winning? Vietnam, Korea...they weren't too successful compared to other wars. Oh yeah...and there were many body bags used in those wars. I guess those Marines suck too.

Quote Originally Posted by junker316
    I think what Coffeehead20 is referring to is that before the late 80'a and early 90's the way Marines trained was for Combat and not for who hurt who's feelings.
    Before the 80's LOL? Try before the 50's, we haven't won a major conflict since then, becuase the Marines weren't as hard as those guys from WWII, the real old Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by junker316
    We are willing to accept lies as truth because it is easier to face yourself than to believe that you are doing the biddings of some-one else because of the lie.
    Gee, that would cover about 80% of the Marines Corps battle history. The Corps have been involved in quite a few questionable conflicts that have had no bearing on our national security.

I don't reply to those who use dismissive words like "bs" (which, by the way, is a breach of this Forum's stated rules of courtesy, no matter what one's rank). Such conduct only reinforces my original posting. Do it again, and you get blocked.
    Who the hell are you? You can get your Liberal azz outta here with the horse you rode in on, captain numbnutz!

ok now that sh*ts funny .

fontman - you da MAN!!!!!!!
    Good job putting coffeehead back in the can!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI BRO,

FURTHER, reference they don't make Marines like they used to, me and my Grandson beg to differ with that assertion. I will say "BS" to that statement - my Grandson went through just as much as I did in bootcamp and in the combat theater. He is hard as nails just like his ole Grandpa (ME)!!!!!!!!! My Grandson is a Marine and anyone who thinks differently better bring a sack lunch to the ass-whipping!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

OLE SARG=========How right you are. My youngst son is a Marine and as hard as nails. We have your 6 and your flanks covered.

old sarge my brother call me i would love to have whats left... orahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by outlaw3179
    I think thats bs . Marines are Marines. Just because nowadays "training" doesnt consist of getting the crap kicked out of you doesnt mean the Marines nowadays are pusses.

I understand why you are saying this but I really get tired of hearing the "knocked around" thing in reguard to the difference in training now as opposed to training then. The training was very different in many ways simply because it was different times, a different threat to America and vastly different weapons. We were learning lessions from the wars before us of that time. The culture was different then too. Most of us came from a farm background with a strong work ethic. The "Additude" may be more of what the Captian was talking about but Shaffer put it best, "why gripe" the Marine Corps still produces MARINES.

Absolutely ! Semper Fi GSO!

Thread Information